ORAS OU MEGA PINSIR AND FRIENDS w/ Replay

Well I just reached 1200 in showdown OU ladder (hurray, im kind of a noob so forgive me haha)
Just wanted you guys to rate my team and maybe suggest what I could change to have a better team around my Mega Pinsir. :)

OMG IT HAS WINGS! (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
This is my mega pokemon (duh) and I use it a late game sweeper most of the time. Dance for those free switchins, return is my main stab move, QA for priority, and EQ for hitting rock and electric types hard. I prioritize speed in EVs so that I could outrun most pokemon even though I have QA.

5-way Dildo (Shuckle) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Infestation
- Toxic
My lead pokemon, setsup stealth rock first if a 4X weakness is present, or sticky web for those pesky fast grounded mons. Infestation is also good for locking threats. I used to run encore but didn't like using 2 moves for changing and encoring after infest, so i just ran a toxic on him for stalling.

Ferrothorn (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
This is a Gengar okay, dont be fooled by the name haha. My special sweeper. All-out offense to cover most of my team's lack in coverage. Also use this mon to block rapid spinners.

Landorus-CoolGuy (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
Staple pivot landorus. I don't think I need to explain this. Outruns most mons, EQ is really good. I have this replay with an unexpected win from him getting me to 1200+ ladder in showdown :D http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-310406202

1000$ Star Toy (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
My offensive spinner. This mon I use to spin away hazards, specially stealth rock that cripples my Mega Pinsir. Moveset is staple I guess.

Pink Gengar (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Moonlight
Wall pokemon. Calm Mind-Moonlight-Moonblast is really strong if the other team lacks toxic and steel types. I use it to tank damage threatening my other mons and use it to check pesky dragon types and setters. Toxic is good stall move. I chose it over t-wave since I have sticky web already.

Hoping to hear from you guys, all comments and thoughts are appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

So I see you have a team based around a Mega Pinsir sweep, and I will try to make the changes reflect this.

I don't really see the point of Sticky Web with Mega Pinsir. Mega Pinsir checks tend to be things like Rotom-W, Skarmory, Slowbro, which don't really care about Sticky Web. Gengar is also a lousy spinblocker, as it loses 1v1 to both Rapid Spinners. Instead, I would try Magnezone and Weavile in the place of these two mons. Magnezone is an excellent teammate for Mega Pinsir, being able to trap Skarmory and other bulky steel types for it. It also provides a switch in for Latis. Weavile provides strong priority for your team, and also abuses things like Hippowdon and Slowbro, which are commonly used to check Mega Pinsir.

Changing Mega Pinsir to Adamant seems to be the flavour of the meta right now, and with good reason - Mega Pinsir's base 105 speed is no longer as good as it was in XY, with all the base 110 megas, and Adamant secures KO's on Slowbro and FatChomp at +2, as well as a good chance to OHKO Hippowdon, all of which are very useful for it. Stone Edge over Rock Slide on Landorus-T is preferred, as it gets the OHKO on Thundurus, which is often used to check Mega Pinsir as well. Although the miss chance is higher, the ability to OHKO mons, as well as pressure opponents harder in practice, is extremely useful. Starmie should be offensive, and run Life Orb over Leftovers. Also, a moveset of Rapid Spin | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt makes more sense on it, as it can work to lure in Slowbro and heavily weaken ground types for Mega Pinsir to sweep. Psyshock typically isn't very useful, as Mega Pinsir beats all fighting and grass / poison types that you would typically use Psyshock for. I don't personally like Clefable, but you could try making it Magic Guard, which helps you check Mega Sableye way better. I would also run Thunder Wave on it, as well as Stealth Rock, as I have replaced Shuckle.

Weavile should run Low Kick to help take out steel and rock types that threaten to stop Mega Pinsir, such as Heatran, Tyranitar, and Ferrothorn. Also, I would probably run Air Balloon Magnet Rise on Magnezone - you have a huge weakness to sand teams, and this helps mitigate it. You can trap Excadrill, so it won't be able to threaten your team anymore.

An importable of all the changes I have made:
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

I hope you find the changes better :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)