SM OU Mega mawile team

I used to play gen 6 ou and I stopped when sm was about to release. Then i came back and relised the meta has shifted a bit and new pokemon are in the meta so why not use the best of my ability and my knowledge from gen 6 ou to create a team. well, here goes nothing

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

This is a typical mega mawile set that i used a lot in gen 6. well, in gen 6 i just went for max att and max hp but then i realised that there are more threats to mawile like tapu lele so i decided to icnrease the speed a bit and it's spd. I was shocked that this pokemon was back in ou so my first team had to be bsed around mawile because i enjoyed using mega mawile in ou until it went to ubers. Like i said, this is a typical swords dance mawile set with sucker punch, play rough, iron head and swords dance. Since mawile is slow, sucker punch it's only good priority move and it does decent damage. Play rough is a very good stab physical fairy move for mawile. It does good damage and since its stab, it will inflict more damage to others. Iron head is another stab good attacking steel move that mawile can have. Swords dance is an interesting move. If you set up one swords dance, you can sweep the enemy team since it has huge power. However with it's lack of defence and speed, it is hard to use. i think i can utalise it correctly since i used to use a lot of mawile in gen6 ou.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Another classic ou pokemon from the gen6 ou. It has a good typing of water electric with 2 weaknesses and has descent bulk and damage. This pokemon isnt about doing damage but taking hts while being a utility. It is a pivot for mega mawile with volt switch while will-o-wisp is to cripple any physical threats to mawile such as choice band terrakeon. It can also bring out pokemon that mawile can easily ko like tangrowth. Hydro pump is for stab damage and pain split is rotom's only way of recovery so pain split can really help in crutch times. Leftovers also heal a 1/16 of your health so more recovery for rotom.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone, one of my favourites from gen6. Magnezone is a crucial pokemon in this team. One of mawile's counters are stell type pokemon, especially skarmory where it can take a lot of hits and ohko mawile. Skarmory also has sturdy so it can live a hit from mega mawile. With magnezone, steel types are not a threat to mega mawile. With magnet pull, steel type pokemon cannot escape battle. And with hidden power fire with a choice spec, it can easily take down steel ype pokemon, especially scizor where it cant u-turn. Volt switch is for more pivot with rotom wash and flash cannon and thunderbolt are just there for stab damage. and with spec's, it can dish out immense damage.

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This pokemon is also one of my favourites but i think it is not necessary for this team. I already have a marrowak which is also a fire type. i dont know what pokemon to replace volcarona with but maybe a set up pokemon that can remove hazards. I am not sure though. But the movesets are simple. Quiver dance to set up and fire blast is stab while giga drain is to get rid of water type pokemon and hp ground is for pokemon like heatran where it can eat any of volcarona's damage.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

This is the first gen 7 pokemon in this team. I like the typing of ghost fire because fire types gets rid of steel types. His fire typing makes him immune to being burnt. Mega mawile musn't be burned because the burn will cripple mega mawile. Also being a fire type get's rid of mega venasaur. Tht pokemon is so bulki and can eat any of mega mawiles attackes. Also it's ghost typing is also important. i heared that tapu lele is a big threat to mawile so with it's ghost typing, it can ohko lele with shadow bone but i didnt try yet. Thick club doubles it's attack and it's a physical attacker. Shadow bone is a signiture move for marrowak and does good damage. Fire punch for a stab physical fire attack. swords dance is for setting but but im thinking of switching that to another move but i am not sure. Stealth rock is to set up rocks on the oppsoing field.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The final pokemon i chose was kyurem black. was powerful in gen 6 and still is because it's in ou. Kyrem black is to coutner ground type pokemon because ground is a big weakness in my team. It's movesets inlude ice beam, fusian bolt, earth power and hidden power fire. Ice beam is for stab damage to ground type pokemon like landerous T and mega venasaur. Fusian bolt is to take out any pokemon weak to electricity and threats like celasteela and tapu fini. Earth power hits pokemon like alolan marowak, rotom wash and magnezone. Hp fire gets rid of mega scizor and ferrathorn, checks to kyurem b. with it's high stats and a life orb, it can do massive damage.

Well, this was a very bad team made by me. if you read this far, thank you for reading everything i said and have a nice day.

one thing that is obviously an issue is that you dont have any hazard removal so something like lead sash drill over marowak-a can setup rocks and rapid spin away other hazards. also instead of rotom try ash gren with spikes to keep up hazard pressure and this really helps mega mawile. tapu koko fits better over magnezone and has nice synergy with icium z kyurem-b. i really hope this helps gl in the future.

Mawile needs to run either ice punch or thunder punch in this meta. I would say thunder punch since it both hits steel types hard and hits toxapex (a bulky water/poison type that's fairly common and has haze).

You are insanely zygarde weak. Rotom is no counter since thousand arrows beats levitate and flying mons. To deal with that I would suggest max hp max spdef av tangrowth which also helps against your match up against greninja/ash greninja.

I agree with the mj show I would change kyurem to icinium z hone claws freeze shock fusion bolt icebeam/earth power.

Magnezone should be modest since Scizor doesn't run speed and the steel types that do already outspeed magnezone naturally.

And finally I think you should run mew over marowak. Zygarde is still a major threat if your tangrowth goes down and mew can both get up rocks and burn your opponent's mon.

Updated Team
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Hone Claws
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

yo dude this team is pretty tight, but as others have said it is extremely ground weak, esp to zygarde and excadrill. and yea, at least 1-2 elemental moves are necessary on mawile - i prefer tpunch and fire fang, but ice punch is also good for chomps and landos and stuff (fire fang being good for ferros/scizors). these can replace either iron head or sd or both, as iron head doesnt really hit anything that play rough doesnt in this meta, and mawile wont get many opportunities to set up without trick room. thats just my 2 cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)