ORAS OU Mega Manectric Bulky Offense (1787 COIL in 20 games)

Hello smogon, it's been a while since I uploaded a RMT post on the forums. Therefore I have decided it was time to upload a team I have been working on in this past month.

Team Building Process

I have chosen Mega Manectric as my "Ace", it's speed is outstanding, provides great momentum with a fast Volt Switch.It also haves a good move pool with powerful STAB electric moves and other coverage moves such as Flamethrower and Hidden Power Ice to cripple down bulky ground types.

I decided to pair M-Manectric with Landorus-Therian as both pair well with each other, making a really nice VoltTurn balanced core.

Seeing this core being kinda weak to CM Clefable and Lati twins, my first choice was to add a dark type that could pursuit trap the Lati@s and check Clefable. And that choice was non other than Bisharp.

I needed a nice and fast wallbreaker that could take care on a lot of different walls that could annoy my team, Garchomp for example can take an HP Ice from M-Manectric at full and kill it with an EQ. Besides that Bisharp is pretty much walled 100% by Chomp. For those reasons, Keldeo was the Pokémon to go with.

Now for the next mon, I wanted a more offensive team looking and what better way to do that than having an Azumarill, a great Pokémon in this Gen, and also another threatening monster. It can also wallbreak like Keldeo does, giving more opportunities to Manectric and Bisharp to win the game at the end and shine ;)

As for the last slot I added Latias because it can backup my team with hazards even though this team isn't particularly weak to hazards. It can also heal one Pokémon to full HP and status conditions which is great for an offensive team.

Sets and Strategy

Mega Manectric
images-46.jpg

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod -> Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

There is not much to say about this set, it's the set that 90% of people who play Pokémon use.

Landorus-Therian
Lando_zpsa1d0b2af.png

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
IVs: 30 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

First of all I decided to give only 30 IVs on Lando speed because I wanted to get a slower U-Turn against others Landorus. I also chose Smack Down instead of Stone Edge because it can help me deal with Talonflame, Landorus-Therian, Gliscor and Skarmory a lot better.

Bisharp
Bisharp-2.png

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

As for Bisharp I have decided to have a more bulkier set on Bisharp, to take on Lati twins a lot better and also Clefable. As for the move set, well it's pretty much a commonly offensive set for Bisharp.

Keldeo
Keldeo.jpg

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Bug/ Hidden Power Flying

For Keldeo I wanted to run a really fast set for it. With this being said, I gave Choice Scarf to my Keldeo as it makes it probably the faster scarf user in the metagame. As for the forth move, I struggled a lot to choose which move should I go for. Hidden Power Bug can hit Celebi, the Lati twins and other common Grass or Psychic types. As for Hidden Power Flying, hits Mega Venusaur and Breloom.

Azumarill
azumarill.png

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Azumarill, standard Choice Banded set, Fairy and Water Stab moves and SuperPower to destroy some bulky steel types that wall Azu, such as Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Empoleon, etc.

Latias
Latias.jpg

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog / Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

For the last Pokémon of this team, Latias, I run the standard set for every support Latias, except for the Defog. I prefer using Roost instead, as it gives Latias much more longevity. Hazards aren't also a big problem to my team so it's a question of preferences.

TEAM MOVESETS
Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Bug/ Hidden Power Flying

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog / Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Hope you all enjoy this team, I will gladly receive any suggestions you may have :]

Ehy this team is really solid, but I think that are things to improve. For example your team hasn't a check for Serperior, that really destroy this team, because you only can to revegekill with Sucker Punch after other damage or with Manectric, but is really bad :/ for this reason I think that Tornadus-T>Azumarill is the best choice for this team, because allows you against this problems and helps against Venusaur/Amoongus/Breloom. Also your matchup against Stall is really bad, for this reason I think that you can try Life Orb+Taunt setx that improve this matchup, because Tornadus isn't your main check to Keldeo, because you have Latias, for this reason I don't think that the Assault vest is really important. Yes you can try Specs Keldeo and not this set, but I don't think that is really better because Ice Punch Lopunny is really annoying for this team, and if Lopunny kill Landorus, that is your only check for it, Lopunny is annoying. Idem for other pokemon. But if you prefer that change, isn't bad.
Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn/knock off
- Taunt

Also because you don't really need to Hidden Power Bug in this team, because psychic type aren't a problem for your team, because you trap latios and Latias with Bisharpx and other Psyshic type like Slowbro are break with Tornadus-T and Manectric, you can try Hidden Power Grass on Keldeo, because lure Quagsire and Seismitoed that stop your volt-urn and are really annoying for Manectric and Keldeo.
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secred Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power Grass

Summary of the changes:
  • Tornadus-T>Azumarill
  • The set on Keldeo (Optional)
Team Complete:
Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Grass

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn/knock off
- Taunt

Hope help you, and gratz for the result! :)

Last edited:
Ehy this team is really solid, but I think that are things to improve. For example your team hasn't a check for Serperior, that really destroy this team, because you only can to revegekill with Sucker Punch after other damage or with Manectric, but is really bad :/ for this reason I think that Tornadus-T>Azumarill is the best choice for this team, because allows you against this problems and helps against Venusaur/Amoongus/Breloom. Also your matchup against Stall is really bad, for this reason I think that you can try Life Orb+Taunt setx that improve this matchup, because Tornadus isn't your main check to Keldeo, because you have Latias, for this reason I don't think that the Assault vest is really important. Yes you can try Specs Keldeo and not this set, but I don't think that is really better because Ice Punch Lopunny is really annoying for this team, and if Lopunny kill Landorus, that is your only check for it, Lopunny is annoying. Idem for other pokemon. But if you prefer that change, isn't bad.
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn/knock off
- Taunt

Also because you don't really need to Hidden Power Bug in this team, because psychic type aren't a problem for your team, because you trap latios and Latias with Bisharpx and other Psyshic type like Slowbro are break with Tornadus-T and Manectric, you can try Hidden Power Grass on Keldeo, because lure Quagsire and Seismitoed that stop your volt-urn and are really annoying for Manectric and Keldeo.
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secred Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power Grass

Summary of the changes:
  • Tornadus-T>Azumarill
  • The set on Keldeo (Optional)
Team Complete:
Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Grass

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn/knock off
- Taunt

Hope help you, and gratz for the result! :)
Ty, I will definitely try out your suggestions :]

I'd personally change azu to talon flame because you are really weak to fairys and specially mega gard it would be spdef talon to help against gard I'd run enough speed for Max speed garchomp 248 hp and the rest in spdef made sure to run jolly nature because it a more efficient , I would just send you the set but I'm on my phone so I can't lol sorry xD

Hope this helped

I'd personally change azu to talon flame because you are really weak to fairys and specially mega gard it would be spdef talon to help against gard I'd run enough speed for Max speed garchomp 248 hp and the rest in spdef made sure to run jolly nature because it a more efficient , I would just send you the set but I'm on my phone so I can't lol sorry xD

Hope this helped
OK, ty for ur suggestion, definetely will give it a try :]

on my computer now here the importable set if you wanted it

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost

Every VoltTurn core is weak to hazards, I wouldn't suggest getting rid of Defog on Latias. Plus LO DM, HW Latias is not meant to be out there for long. You are using an offense set/mon on a bulky offense team

Hi there n.n.

I haven't done rates in a while :o But, I saw AV Bisharp and mane so i had to see the team, use it on the ladder, and help make it better n.n

Ok so starting off Azumarill seems to be the weakest link here. It can do heavy damage to shit but thats about it. I agree with kek123's suggestion of using Sp Def Talon > Azumarill. This helps you with fairies to an extent since you have no switch in to them. Also helps you with stuff like Venu/Amoongus. For the set i have something a little bit different. The talon spread is 252 HP / 114+ Def / 140 sp def. The following evs allow you to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Gardevoir's Psyshock. This is important since you don't wanna roost stall and waste your pp for no apparent reason.

My next change is a minor one. Roost > Healing Wish on Latias. Healing Wish atm doesn't seem like it helps much. I mean it's nice but i don't think it's needed on this team. Roost > Healing Wish allows you to handle Keldeo better. Since a Specs Scald + Burn will slowly weaken Latias Eventually (especially if Stealth Rocks are up which is probably going to be most of the time)

Also I think HP Flying is the surperior option > HP Bug. Hp Flying still hits Celebi and for the Latis you have Av Bisharp who can handle them pretty much with ease. (Eq Latios are annoying and you may have to play a 50/50 with Sucker Punch or Pursuit.) However this is my opinion and you may still run Hp Bug if you don't like to play those iffy 50/50's.

Changes in Short:

Sp Def Talon > Azumarill
Roost > Healing Wish on Latias

HP Flying > Hp Bug (Optional)

Sets:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Hope I helped! :pimp::toast::mad::heart::afrostar:

Hi there n.n.

I haven't done rates in a while :o But, I saw AV Bisharp and mane so i had to see the team, use it on the ladder, and help make it better n.n

Ok so starting off Azumarill seems to be the weakest link here. It can do heavy damage to shit but thats about it. I agree with kek123's suggestion of using Sp Def Talon > Azumarill. This helps you with fairies to an extent since you have no switch in to them. Also helps you with stuff like Venu/Amoongus. For the set i have something a little bit different. The talon spread is 252 HP / 114+ Def / 140 sp def. The following evs allow you to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Gardevoir's Psyshock. This is important since you don't wanna roost stall and waste your pp for no apparent reason.

My next change is a minor one. Roost > Healing Wish on Latias. Healing Wish atm doesn't seem like it helps much. I mean it's nice but i don't think it's needed on this team. Roost > Healing Wish allows you to handle Keldeo better. Since a Specs Scald + Burn will slowly weaken Latias Eventually (especially if Stealth Rocks are up which is probably going to be most of the time)

Also I think HP Flying is the surperior option > HP Bug. Hp Flying still hits Celebi and for the Latis you have Av Bisharp who can handle them pretty much with ease. (Eq Latios are annoying and you may have to play a 50/50 with Sucker Punch or Pursuit.) However this is my opinion and you may still run Hp Bug if you don't like to play those iffy 50/50's.

Changes in Short:

Sp Def Talon > Azumarill
Roost > Healing Wish on Latias

HP Flying > Hp Bug (Optional)

Sets:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Hope I helped! :pimp::toast::mad::heart::afrostar:
Hi. Ty 4 ur tips. You are right about having hp flying instead of hp bug on Keld. And I also agree with the replacement of Azu for SpDef Talon. But I prefer using Healing Wish on Latias, I faced numerous situations where it gave me a lot of momentum once, even tho I am aware I have a VoltTurn core 4 that same reason. So yea, I appreciate ur comment but Latias will stay with HW :]

Hi. Ty 4 ur tips. You are right about having hp flying instead of hp bug on Keld. And I also agree with the replacement of Azu for SpDef Talon. But I prefer using Healing Wish on Latias, I faced numerous situations where it gave me a lot of momentum once, even tho I am aware I have a VoltTurn core 4 that same reason. So yea, I appreciate ur comment but Latias will stay with HW :]
Ok! :] Do what you think its right! It's your a team so you can decide if you want to implement the changes you want. Good luck with the team mate! :toast:

hey this is quite a good team, you aren't particularly weak to anything but if you want a bulky Steel-type AV Bisharp isn't how you should go about it. Instead AV Metagross > Bisharp would be an optimal change. AV Metagross just fits your team so well since it lets you take on Fairies and Dragons a lot better than Bisharp will ever manage while retaining the aspect of Pursuit Trapping that doesn't give you any particular extra weaknesses. Run an Adamant Nature with an EV spread of 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD. A moveset of Meteor Mash / Pursuit / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch works. Zen Headbutt specifically to help with the Mega Venusaur weakness.

I don't really agree with Keldeo on this team since it's not all necessary seeing as Azumarill is your best bet for a Water-type on this team, so to help with the weakness a bit more you get towards Bisharp and Weavile you should try Fist Plate Breloom > Keldeo. Breloom gives you another source of priority while it also the strain off Mega Manectric of single-handedly handling Water-types. Run an Adamant Nature and an EV spread of 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe. A moveset of Mach Punch / Swords Dance / Bullet Seed / Spore is a great set. You won't really miss what Keldeo offered, but your matchup against fatter teams are frankly trash so you should try Belly Drum on Azumarill since it gives a wincon that absolutely ravages both offensive and defensive builds. If so run a spread of 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe and use Belly Drum > Waterfall and Sitrus Berry > Choice Band. If you don't like that then you can try Focus Punch > Swords Dance on Breloom instead.

hope this helps!

Last edited:
Aim of the team: To attain a M-Manectric cleanup after overwhelming/weakening its checks via Keldeo, Azumarill, and Bisharp

>
My first change would be Serperior over Azumarill. With Landorus as your SR setter, Azumarill becomes kinda redundant considering how Charizard-X is already checked pretty nicely by Landorus. Serperior is a good change because it performs exceptionally well against BO archetypes, and beats fat ground-types that trouble M-Manectric.

>
My second change would be Lure Jirachi over Bisharp. Bisharp is a good partner to M-Manectric because they share common answers so they do a good job at overloading their checks. However, this leaves the archetype of the team weak go Fairy-types in general. Expert Belt Jirachi is a good addition because of its typing which allows it to take on Fairy-types really nicely and bluffing the Scarf can come in really handy for some games. HP Ground lures in Heatran which is excellent for Serperior and M-Manectric and its natural ability to take on Fairy-types and some Dragon-types like Latios make for an excellent change in my opinion.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 132 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ground

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)