ORAS OU Mega-Gross Offense team

Introduction

Hello, this team I made thinking of a team offense with mega-gross that was one of the best megas of ORAS OU keep in mind that mega gross is not a sweeper but a wallbreaker. I hope that those who use it have good times.
Now let the team sets.

Steven's Xbox 360 (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Meteor mash is to stab and zen headbutt also so do not need much explanation, earthquake serves to catch Heatran, Jirachi, zard X, among other weak the ground in exchange. Bullet punch is for priority if you fear losing speed tie for diancie mega with earth power or HP fire

xInsrew (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Keldeo is on the team because it is the only resistance to dark and kill ground and fire types. I put specs on it to give maximum damage giving 2HKO in skarmory tank and chomp with scald. hydro pump is to give maximum damage on things that do not take 2HKO with scald. secret sword beats very strong in Chansey, Ferrothorn among others. HP grass is used to kill mainly Gastrodon, seismitoad this team has trouble killing and other water types

Lati ass (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latias is on the team because it is an immunity to ground by levitate ability and access to healing wish for status heal the rest of the team and defog to remove hazards from the field.

I like this heat (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Put Heatran for his ability (flash fire) makes it immune to fire types which is very good for any team with megas that are weak to fire as mega Scizor. the set is setter hazard because it is the only one who fits the team for immunity to fire and resist talonflame .

Wings Combat (Talonflame) (M) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Talonflame is the revenge killer and possibly or sweeper team. Sky plate has the same effect of the sharp beak but I prefer sky plate for style.

Weasel (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Weavile is the late game cleaner with ice shard and pursuit user to trappar latias and latios and other psychic and ghost types.

Conclusion

This team has problems facing Pokémon as talonflame case when Heatran is fallen and Zards X with earthquakes, grass type Pokemon bulky as celebi, stall teams, mega-Sableye and other bulky Pokemon.

Importable:

http://pastebin.com/H3q7S1cK

Ehy very nice Team :)
Your Team is a really solid, but I think that Magma Storm Heatran is a good option for this team because help you vs Rotom, Gastrodon and Sesmitoed that are a problem for your team and help the Talonflame and Metagross sweep's.
Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock

The spread is for outpeeding Jolly Mega Heracross and adamant Excadrill.

Ice wind>Hidden Power Grass is a better option because help you vs Tornadus-T because is a very problem for this team.
Insrew (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice wind

Hope help you and good evening!

Yo wassup man
Sick standard Team, but really solid overall.

But i'd suggest u a scarf magnezone over heatran. This will help metagross and weavile because mons like skarmory and ferrothorn cant just switch out, like they do on tran.

And Second thing is, that u should run a different Mega-Metagross Set.
You dont really need eq since youve got 3 Fire resists and bp is just too much of a waste when ur Team needs couverage. I'd suggest u this set:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Spread: 252 atk, 4spA, 252Spd/ +Spd -SpDef

Set:
Hammer Arm
Grass knot
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt

Thats basically all ive found, so yeah, enjoy battling :]

This is a really nice Hyper Offense team. I like how you have a pursuit trapper to get rid of psyhic types and open wholes for your keldeo to do more damage. I will try to make my changes to your team more offensive.

First I noticed how your team isnt really that great vs excadrill espeically if its in sand. As you dont have a reliaible switch in and if its in sand espeically it will be very hard to revenge kill. I also notice some common threats to HO like lopunny-mega can trouble too as it outspeeds everything and can 2ko everything on your team. This is why I recommend to run defensive chomp over hetran. A defensive hetran dosent provide much for this HO team and takes away alot of mometum. Garchomp can still get up rocks and is still reliable bird check and while at the same time it can also check physical attackers like excadrill, lopunny-mega a bit better. You also have the option of running endure to help with things like charizard x / azumarills to get more rocky helmet and rough skin dmg on them. You also have the optition to run toxic which helps you widdle down mons like hippowdown /slowbro to give your keldeo and metagross a better time to sweep

Another thing you should do is run Posion Jab over Pursuit on weavile and make your metagross-mega the pursuiter by changing the earthquake for pursuit. This minor change will help your keldeo sweep better. Metagross-mega is a more reliabile draco switch in then weavile because metagross resisit the dragon type attack while weavile dosent so it gets the job done better of getting rid of the lati@s as it can switch in. Posion Jab can also help by luring in fairy types that way your keldeo will have a easier time spamming secret sword.

Another thing you should do is running 72 Hp /184 Spa/252 Spe instead of Max Hp and Max Spa on Latias because thundurs is a very big threat to offense as it can click priority prankster thunder wave and this spread allows you not to get 2koed by thundurs's hp ice.

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast / Endure / Toxic
- Earthquake

Changes In Short:
<
allows team to check physical attacking mons like lopunny-mega and excadrill better while still getting rocks and checking birds
Pursuit>earthquake metagross pursuits better then weavile and it opens a moveslot in weavile to lure in more mons
Posion Jab>Pursuit metagross pursuits better and posion jab lures in fairies to let keldeo spam secret sword

72 Hp /184 Spa/252 Spe instead of Max Hp and Max Spa allows Latias to not get 2koed by thundurus

Last edited:
Fully agree above with the Garchomp change over Heatran. You definitely need a Ground type in this meta, considering how prevalent Electric types are in this meta, and acts as a good check to Talonflame, Bisharp, etc.

Next, I would suggest that you try Ganlon Berry Natural Gift Talonflame. This change is really helpful for your team, helping you lure in Garchomp and Landorus-T to remove them to help Mega Metagross clean up. Heatran also appreciates them gone. Although you have Keldeo, it gets worn down easily by repeated U-Turns or Earthquakes so it isn't really a solid switch-in.

Keeping in mind the offensive nature of your team, I would instead suggest that you try running SD Stealth Rock Garchomp. This puts a lot of pressure on your opponents, and can easily weaken and overwhelm Mega Metagross checks such as Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, and Slowbro. It works as an early game wallbreaker to soften up the opposing team.

Choice Specs Keldeo is cool but recommend you drop HP Grass considering your entire build can overwhelm stallish builds with Gastrodon and Seismitoad, which these are normally found on, if you don't play like Arifeen as long as you think your plays through.

oml its too ez made really good changes, you should really try those, especially switching Pursuit to Metagross, I do not know about Poison Jab Weavile, but it sounds like a cool option you could try.

Minor EV spread changes include 12 Def on Mega Metagross to let you live LO Bisharp Sucker Punch from full.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)