ORAS OU Mega Diancie team, the shine is wonderful

I wanted to make a team centered around Diancie`s mega form, which is easily becoming my all time favorite pokemon (specially shiny, please GF, give us a legit one). After struggling a lot to create a team for Mega Diancie, this is what I came up with.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body - Magic Bounce (Mega)
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Spatk / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

She`s the star of the team, so beautiful, isn`t she? With mega Diancie you`re able to hit plenty of pokes on the enemy team, Diamond Storm hits Landorus T, MegacharX and Y, Talonflame (who pretty much cannot stay on you, at most with CB BB is a 3hko. No CB is a 4hko, allowing you to set up a RP) and others for super effective damage. Moonblast takes care of dragons not named MegacharX (at +1 Flareblitz is still a 2hko) and Dark types bar Bisharp (You ohko with Earth Power, while +2 Sucker Punch is a 2hko). Meanwihle, Earth Power hits opposing steel, rock and electric types.

Sadly, Mega Diancie is not perfect, she has quite a few things that can hold her back from a sweep. Opposing water and ground types are some of the things she dislikes, not to mention her eternal hatred for Bullet Punch. She needs people to deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn for her, as well as someone to take care of Azumarill...and some other stuff (like Thundurus crippling with thunderwave).

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

After testing various team combinations I found that I absolutely love having Bisharp far more than lacking him. He deters the opponent from using deffog and intimidate users, he takes care of the Lati twins which are a huge pain at times, he helps against stall teams by knocking off their items while also taking care of opposing fairy types not named Azumarill. Ev`s are the standard set to maximize damage while outspeeding as much as possible.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

After deciding that I was going to run Bisharp I needed something to stop my opponents from simply destroying me with Earthquake, at the same time I wanted a pokemon that could take Bisharp`s X4 weakness to fighting s a strength, eventually I was going to need someone to remove hazards as well, so obviously Latios was my answer to this dilema. Decided to go with Albacore`s suggestion and so far I have no complaints with it, it`s working as intended and with Greninja now gone the team is much better for it. Hidden Power Fire is here to lure Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Gengar @ Life Orb (Thinking about a Leftovers)
EVs: 252 spe/ 252 spatk/ 4 spdef
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Following much of he same reasoning as Latios I decided to run a Gengar as he is able to switch into the fighting type attacks that Bisharp lures, at the same time he can hit Azumarill which was the only other fairy my team could not touch. Focus Blast is there mostly to hit stuff like Mega Loppuny (whose HJK only has a 1.6% chance to 3hko) and with Substitute I`m able to set up on predicted status moves and switches. With Gengar here I can also prevent the opponent from using rapid spin and removing my SR and potential Magic bounced spikes (could happen).

Landorus T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 def/ 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Now needing someone that could set up SR that didn`t share a weakness to fire and could work as a pivot for me...that`s when I found out this thing is amazing. Mega Loppuny only manages a 3.1% chance to 2hko after Leftovers recovery thanks to Intimidate, from there Earthquake uninvested takes 59% of her hp so as long as she`s taken some prior damage she`s dead. The reason I mention her is because her mega form essentially destroys my next teammate.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 52 HP/ 252 Atk/ 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance/Protect
- Baton Pass

With the Greninja ban I needed to find a pokemon to fill his role. Seeing as it`s true what Albacore had said about the team being weak to Fairies in general (experienced MGardevoir and it wasn`t fun) I had to find something that could take care of it. With Megahorn I take care of MGyarados as none of his attacks are a ohko while Megahorn will always take him down with no boosts, Poison Jab ohko`s pretty much all fairies before a boost and Scolipede always lives 1 Hyper Voice from MGardevoir while outspeeding her on the next turn or passing the boost to someone else on my team. Scolipede also removes the need to drop a move on Bisharp for Swords Dance, while alleviating the need to Rock Polish on Diancie. 200 Speed EV`s ensure I outspeed the entire unscarfed tier while also ensuring I outspeed MGyarados after a DD. I do lose out on hitting Landorus and Gliscor.

Anyway, here it is, my mega Diancie team. I experimented with a lot of stuff for days and this team is the one I`ve been able to win with more consistently. With the Greninja ban I had to change his spot on the team while also covering the weaknesses mentioned in the comments below, I think Scolipede works as intended here while providing a safety net in case some fairies go out of control, having him and Gengar as checks should help with that. What do you guys think? Anyone willing to test it that is a better pilot than me?

Edit: Implemented changes to Latios. Removed Greninja and added Scolipede, thoughts? Btw, tried Magnezone and for me it`s a big no, the triple weakness to ground plus his inability to hit them with his stab is a huge no with Landorus and Gliscor around as it renders me unable to switch into 3 of my other pokes (Earthquake hit Diancie and Bisharp while Knock Off hits Gengar).

Last edited:
I wanted to make a team centered around Diancie`s mega form, which is easily becoming my all time favorite pokemon (specially shiny, please GF, give us a legit one). After struggling a lot to create a team for Mega Diancie, this is what I came up with.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body - Magic Bounce (Mega)
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Spatk / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

She`s the star of the team, so beautiful, isn`t she? With mega Diancie you`re able to hit plenty of pokes on the enemy team, Diamond Storm hits Landorus T, MegacharX and Y, Talonflame (who pretty much cannot stay on you, at most with CB BB is a 3hko. No CB is a 4hko, allowing you to set up a RP) and others for super effective damage. Moonblast takes care of dragons not named MegacharX (at +1 Flareblitz is still a 2hko) and Dark types bar Bisharp (You ohko with Earth Power, while +2 Sucker Punch is a 2hko). Meanwihle, Earth Power hits opposing steel, rock and electric types.

Sadly, Mega Diancie is not perfect, she has quite a few things that can hold her back from a sweep. Opposing water and ground types are some of the things she dislikes, not to mention her eternal hatred for Bullet Punch. She needs people to deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn for her, as well as someone to take care of Azumarill...and some other stuff (like Thundurus crippling with thunderwave).

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

After testing various team combinations I found that I absolutely love having Bisharp far more than lacking him. He deters the opponent from using deffog and intimidate users, he takes care of the Lati twins which are a huge pain at times, he helps against stall teams by knocking off their items while also taking care of opposing fairy types not named Azumarill. Ev`s are the standard set to maximize damage while outspeeding as much as possible.

Latios @ Life Orb (Thinking about a Scarf here, for Greninja)
EVs: 252 spe/ 32 atk/ 224 spatk
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

After deciding that I was going to run Bisharp I needed something to stop my opponents from simply destroying me with Earthquake, at the same time I wanted a pokemon that could take Bisharp`s X4 weakness to fighting s a strength, eventually I was going to need someone to remove hazards as well, so obviously Latios was my answer to this dilema. A some point I was reading a few threads by other people running mega Diancie and found a guy that used Latios as a lure for Heatran as well, this is his setand it works wonders. 32 atk and a Hasty natures ensures Heatran always dies when he comes in expecting the Draco.

Gengar @ Life Orb (Thinking about a Leftovers)
EVs: 252 spe/ 252 spatk/ 4 spdef
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Following much of he same reasoning as Latios I decided to run a Gengar as he is able to switch into the fighting type attacks that Bisharp lures, at the same time he can hit Azumarill which was the only other fairy my team could not touch. Focus Blast is there mostly to hit stuff like Mega Loppuny (whose HJK only has a 1.6% chance to 3hko) and with Substitute I`m able to set up on predicted status moves and switches. With Gengar here I can also prevent the opponent from using rapid spin and removing my SR and potential Magic bounced spikes (could happen).

Landorus T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 def/ 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Now needing someone that could set up SR that didn`t share a weakness to fire and could work as a pivot for me...that`s when I found out this thing is amazing. Mega Loppuny only manages a 3.1% chance to 2hko after Leftovers recovery thanks to Intimidate, from there Earthquake uninvested takes 59% of her hp so as long as she`s taken some prior damage she`s dead. The reason I mention her is because her mega form essentially destroys my next teammate.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 spatk/ 252 speed/ 4 spdef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire
- U-Turn

Greninja allows me to hit the Ground type pokemon I was not able to hit before thanks to Ice Beam, with Grass Knot I can hit the rare Swampert and Gastrodon while also hitting other blky water types tha otherwise woud just have walled my team. Hidden Power Fire allows me to hit Ferrothorn and Scizor (last one I still lacked a counter for) while U-Turn is there to scout switches. This Greninja works on my opponents expectations of Hydro Pump/Gunk Shot, so it usually forces out those pokemon weak to them thinking I`m running said set. Also, I needed something to hit opposing Landorus T and Gliscor (who was just stalling to death).

Anyway, here it is, my mega Diancie team. I experimented with a lot of stuff for days and this team is the one I`ve been able to win with more consistently. I am aware that Greninja might go (will go) and that will put a hole into this team as there`s little to nothing to replace him with until, perhaps, the release of Volcanion (with 3 pokemon immune to ground I might risk running 3 pokes weak to it). What do you guys think? Anyone willing to test it that is a better pilot than me?

From more testing, it seems this team can`t do a thing about Breloom...any thoughts?
If you have problems with Bullet Punch users , yo can use Magnezone to trapp them and kill.
In Landorus-T run 240 HP to have max. Lefties recovery and less damage from Rocks.
If I were you , I'll run Taunt on Gengar to rekt Chansey and Blissey because you don't have anything that can OHKO them (only Bisharp but don't have SD), other option to deal with Chansey-Blissey is to put SD in Bisharp and not using Pursuit , make it Jolly.
Pretty good team.

A couple of suggestions, first, scarf Kyurem-B seems to be able to kill your entire team between Ice Beam and Earth Power. This also means that anything with Ice / Ground coverage, such as Mamoswine, could be a huge threat. However, despite the post above, I would not suggest running Magnezone. Diancie and Magnezone only go somewhat well together because Magnezone can trap steels. Other than that, they honestly have terrible synergy with each other. Magnezone is too slow to outspeed relevant threats when Spec'd, but too weak to deal good damage to relevant threats when scarved. They're both weak to ground and suspectible to fighting-type moves, and neither of them can handle Air Balloon Heatran / Scarf Heatran with Flash Cannon. Instead, I recommend that you put a bulky water on your team in place of Greninja. With the suspect test's voting beginning, you may be hard-pressed to find another 'mon that does its job as well as Greninja. Azumarill can help patch up your general ice / ground weakness and he can switch into a Ice Beam or Earth Power and then counterattack with Play Rough or force it out. Belly Drum might be a good fit for your team but Assault Vest can help tank special hits more.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First of all, I really don't think you need Earthquake on Latios. Everything on your team, including Diancie (your win condition) has something to Heatran hard. And since Earthquake's only purpose is to lure Heatran, I really don't see why you would need it. A much better option would be Hidden Power Fire. Ferrothorn looks like a massive pain for this team, as does Mega-Scizor, although you can lure than with Greninja you can't always rely on it to do that (also Greninja is probably getting banned soon so there's that too) Having a secondary lure to them is great, especially since both stop your win condition completely cold. You do lose out on speed tying with other Latios, but you have multiple checks in Bisharp and Diancie so I wouldn't worry about that too much. HP Fire also hits Bishard hard.

Speaking of which, Bisharp is a massive threat to this team, basically being able getting a free setup opportunity on Latios quite easily. Yes, Diancie checks, but it obviously can't switch in at all, and if you haven't Mega'd yet you're in trouble since you can't even beat it 1v1. You're also very weak to Mega-Gyarados who, if he sets up, basically sweeps your team (+1 EQ OHKOs Greninja). You're also weak to Ice Punch Lopunny who kinda runs through your entire team with little difficulty who Given that Greninja will probably be banned soon I would run Choice Scarf Keldeo over Greninja. This counters Bisharp and MGyara, checks Lopunny, and even gives you something that can properly switch into MScizor. The only problem with Keldeo is that it renders you weaker to Latios, however, it switches into nothing on your team that well and Bisharp can trap it, so as long as you make sure you don't EQ or Psyshock too recklessly. It also makes you a bit weaker to Mega-Metagross who is a threat, especially Ice Punch variants : however, Bisharp is, once again, one of its best checks, so that's not too big a problem.

Finally, Mega-Gardevoir looks really scary for your team, it pretty much a kill every time it comes in which it can do against Latios and Greninja with little difficulty, and though you do have a Fairy check in Gengar it still takes a lot from MGarevoir's Hyper Voice. Same applies to a bunch of Fairy types including Mega-Diancie, Mega-Altaria and Azumarill. You should definitely run Gunk Shot over U-Turn on Greninja while you can still keep it (U-Turn isn't that useful, and Greninja would usually rather stay in and hit stuff with its coverage). Don't how to fix this though, all I can say is try to make sure Fairies don't switch in too often by clicking Psyshock as opposed to Draco Meteor on Latios. Running Keldeo over Greninja unfortunately makes you weaker to Fairies since Keldeo doesn't really have any options to hit Fairy types with. The above suggestion of Scarf Magezone is actually quite good since that thing switches into Gardevoir and Azumarill pretty well (Mag also traps Ferro and Scizor which as we've established are really annoying for your team), however fitting it on your team is not that easy : I guess it would make most sense to run it over Greninja/Keldeo but then you just lose to Bisharp, Ice Punch MLopunny and EQ MGyara (and you can't afford to run Scarf Magneton to outspeed+1 MGyara since that thing can't really switch into Fairy attacks). As I said, not sure what to do about this, but you should probably try out Magnezone, not so much as a trapper but as a fairy check

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Ppwer [Electric] (HP Electric is for Gyarados if it decides not to Mega to take the Secret Sword, as well as regular DD Gyrados which, while rare, looks really hard for you to deal with. Also it helps revenge kills BD Azumarill)

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)