SM OU Mega Absol Hyper Offense

Hello I am back for another team showcase. This one is a Mega Absol hyper offense team. Mega Absol is a very good and underrated threat in OU, that I think should be more utilized. Before I show the team, I just wanna say that I am not good at pokemon, nor do I think my teambuilding skills are that good. With that said, here is the team.

The Team

mega absol.png
dragonite.png
mamo.png
azumarill1.png
magearna.png
terrakion.png

Ok so when I first thought about making a Mega Absol team, hyper offense immediately came to mind. The core that I wanted was mega absol + dragonite. Dragonite is a good wallbreaker with good coverage, and can punch holes through teams for mega absol to sweep. Also the ability of priority is amazing. I actually got this idea from an oras mega absol team that I was looking at a while back. So after I had this core, I realized that I needed some hazards. I thought about mamoswine just because ice+ground is good and ice shard can get a lot of good chip to enable other things on the team to kill. Now azumarill is here because I really just love azumarill, and it's SOOOOO good for hyper offense. It is an excellent wallbreaker and can get off a lot of good priority, which is always nice. Magearna is here for another sweeper, and can kill resisted stuff easily, and run through entire teams. Finally terrakion is here as the glue. When I am thinking about a glue for a team, I always want one of the two most spammable moves (imo). Earthquake or scald. These two just have really good coverage in general, and terrakion gives earthquake which I think has the best offensive typing in the game. Now I have a hazard setter, two sweepers, two wallbreakers, and a glue. This is the basic structure for hyper offense.

Individual Sets

mega absol.png

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

So originally I had fire blast on this over knock off. I decided to change it because having dark type stab that doesn't rely on your opponent to attack is good. Also, sucker punch is good because priority is always great. Play rough is great for coverage, as it can hit most things in the meta very hard. Swords dance is so that if you predict a switch, you have the potential to sweep the opponent's whole team. This has a decent speed stat and the EV's are pretty basic.

dragonite.png

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

As I talked about before, dragonite is very good in coordination with absol because it's ability to punch holes through team. Outrage with a choice band and adamant nature is just for the maximum damage and wallbreaking abilities. Fire punch is for fire coverage against random stuff like ferrorthorn and other steel types that are problems for absol. Extreme speed is great for priority.

mamo.png

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

All this does is set up stealth rocks, get chip damage with priority, and do some damage if possible. Literally nothing else.

azumarill1.png

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill is nice to wallbreak and make it easier for absol to sweep. It is also good for beating stall, and like I've said so many times before, it is great for priority. All these moves together make very good coverage, and this hits really hard. It is also somewhat bulky and take some hits.

magearna.png

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

If you get a shift gear with this, the coverage allows you to literally win the game. Z move fleur cannon is base 195 and can do like 70% to resists. Soul heart just makes this even more of a threat, especially with it's bulk. This is just such a great addition to the team that helps the team so much.

terrakion.png

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

And finally, the glue for this team, terrakion. Earthquake+stone edge covers everything. Close combat and iron head are just for steel and fairy types that annoy absol, and good coverage over the meta in general. This can hit a lot of walls for big damage and it can also win late game.

Threats To The Team

magearna.png

Other shift gear magearnas can run through this team. If they get one shift gear, my line of defense is priority plus magearna plus dragonite. But magearna is hit neutrally by flash cannon and dragonite is hit super effectively with fairy.

Fairy types in general are pretty threatening to this team, but not too bad.

Thanks for reading this team showcase, and tell me what you think of it. I probably missed out some threats, so tell me what you think can be threats, and how you would fix the team.

Importable Data: https://pastebin.com/wgcxvacr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)