Malevolent TEAM

Hi,
recently I found out Crawdaunt's potential, so I decided to build a team based on him. I added Dragon Dancer (CharyX) and my favorite Sp.Atker (Alakazam). As a Physical Defender I used Mandibuzz. For Rapid Spinning and my own rocks I choosed Ferrothorn. Finally against Azumarill I added my Amoonguss.

Well here is it:

Claws (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Switcheroo
This is kinda my invention. Since I have Waterfall and Knock Off, there is not really any reason to play Superpower as well (I 2HKO Ferrothorn). I think Switcheroo is far better, since it can spoil opponent's Pokémon and free me of that Choice Band when it is neccessary.
Aqua Jet is obviously priority attack.
Max Attack for boosting his Speed and Speed EVs to outrun most slow Pokémon and walls (Skarmory, Mandibuzz, Heatran...).

Dread (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
This is pretty common Charizard set, it can set up Dragon Dance and then start killing spree with its STAB or Earthquake.
Flare Blitz is his strongest move, Dragon Claw is STAB without any negative effect and EQ is against Heatran-like Pokémon.

Mastermind (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
Well, kinda common set as well. Psychic over Psyshock, because I am not afraid of Blissey at all, Shadow Ball is against Psychic and Ghost Pokémon, Dazzling Gleam is there mainly against Mandibuzz switch-ins and Energy Ball against Water types (not many players expect it from me).

Mindy (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Roost
Yeah! My Mindy doesn't carry Defog. I think her attacks are just better. Taunt is against set uppers, slow Defogers (mainly Skarmory), Stealth Rockers and Walls. Knock Off is here for getting rid of opponent's items and Foul Play is one of the best moves she can ever learn, since it ruins most Physical Attackers.
Roost is obviously for healing.

Forretress @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock is entry hazard, Rapid Spin is cleaner of opponent's hazards, Volt Switch is for momentum and Gyro Ball very strong move against fast sweepers.
As you can see I do have Mental Herb over Lefties and Red Card, because I think Taunt is the only thing I should be afraid of. I usually dont live long enough to appretiate Lefties and Red Card isn't always helpful.

Fungy (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Spore is for inducing SLP, Giga Drain is main STAB, Clear Smog is for reseting stat changes of opponent's Pokémon and also STAB with low Base Power (50, but it might do with the STAB, sometimes its nice to see how it's killing Whismicott). Hidden Power Fire is mainly against Ferrothorn.

After reading this you may think I am missing Sp.Defender... and you are right. I feel it same way. I am winning a lot of games, but I would like to have some Sp.Defender with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy.
I used to play Sylveon on Showdown, but I decided to not do so, when I can't get it in-game (and I dont like playing non-kalos born Poké). Florges is second choice, but I dont like the idea of being completely stopped by Heatran... I would go for Tyranitar, but having three Dark-type Pokémon in team seems to be bad idea and pretty uninterresting.

Well, try to rate my team! ;)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
1. with foretress, momentum does nothing, volt switching is almost the same as switching out since it will do like 3% damage. i'd really recommend switching it for excadrill, your team could use the coverage (and its very threatening btw).

2. Crawdaunt and Alakazam don't have great synergy with the sets you are using. the team seems kind of reckless, if you know what i mean.

3. Alakazam really must use sash. With the use of priority this gen, alakazam is ohko'd by almost anything with a priority move. Sash would allow you to rk something and dent something else, even if they have priority. Something such as breaking banded dragonite's sash or killing talonflame, etc.

4. Mandibuzz without defog serves no purpose. Will explain later.

will rate fully later, i have to go atm.

Well, speaking of momentum, Forretress does give many options with Volt Switch, when I predict opponent to switch out for Defoger, I can use Volt Switch and it pays off. When he does switch into Defoger I know what I should switch into and when not I know as well (situationally). The fact that Forretress is slow makes my come-in Pokémon unhurt, so it will be okay.
I do not even like Forretress so much, but it seems to be the best Rapid Spin + SR user who comes from Kalos (if there is even any other).
I kinda agree with Alakazam, but I do think Life Orb is better, I am thinking about kicking him out of team... Well I will think about it later.

To speak about Mandibuzz, the Foul Play and Roost is must-have. Taunt is probably the best move since it can Taunt opponent from using crippling moves and rocks, spikes and Defog. And Knock Off... yeah I do play even Crawdaunt with Knock Off, but I still feel its not as good to play Mindy without it. I kinda even feel sad about playing those two Dark-types, but I can deal with that.

I feel like you are going to recommend me to get rid of Crawdaunt, but to support him, he's like stronger version of Azumarill, with worse defenses but with nice ability of knocking opponent's item off (STAB) and it deals far better with Pokémon like Venusaur-M and Tentacruel. Also noone expects him... and thats great advantage, when opponent doesnt know what to expect.

Anyway thanks for your reaction. I hope you will still give me some advices. ;)

If your not running defog on Manibuzz I think U-Turn should be used over Knock Off. Her main claim to fame is being a great Defogger, so if you want to use her as a physical wall I would throw on U-Turn because at least then you could get momentum, something a lot of other walls don't have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)