MAH SECOND TEAM (Hai ppl :3)

This is my second doubles team that i plan on using on a daily basis. I have one with MKang, and i love it. This team works around on effetive cores, there are many cores in this team, can you identify them all?If you can congrats! if you cant go do some research and learn the meta. nub.

Hitmontop (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 64 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Feint
I started the team with the TopZard core, very effective and offensive, just the way i liek it. Top provides Feint support to break Wide Guard, Fake Out support and little bit of offensive pressure, which is always a nice thing to have, the EV spread is standard Bulky Utility hitmontop, my fav kind of top. Intimidate also provides some support vs Mkangaskhan and Azumarill, in case CharY is dieded.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
Everyone talks about how much of a threat he is, but i dont see him as a threat at all (Maybe it's bcuz i have a scarfed Lando-T and an Azumarill lel), so i decided to try him out. I seriously think that Air Slash is one of the worst things that you can put on a CharY, so useless, everything that you hit with it gets hit by Heat Wave, like wtf. So i replaced with HP Ground just to fuck up with Hetran, which would wall the shit ou of Zard. EVs are standard seriously.

Keldeo @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
After i "came up" with the TopZard core, i needed something to pair with CharY, so Keldeo was the choice here, so stronq and he breaks through WG with Taunt, stops WoW users and some other cool things. Hydro Pump in sun is total bullshit, so I'm using Icy Wind, gives some sort of speed control and hit's things like Garchomp and Landog for 4x SE damage.

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Protect
I came up with this core. Togekiss eats up all the Spores and Sleep Powders with Follow Me + Safety Goggles, and also removes the threat of some moves targeted and Keldeo, Tailwind gives me more speed control, but it's just a filler, Air Slash and Protect are standard Togekiss moves, EV spread is also standard, allows me to eat up Air Slashes and Seed Flares target at Keldeo by the individual we like to call Skymin, which is also my god, lord and savior. (Helix is the DEVIL! PRAISE SKYMIN!)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect
I needed some other thing to pair up with CharY and give me more offensive pressure, surprisingly, he also pairs with Togekiss and Hitmontop, making a TopTran and TogeTran cores, which are both really good, The set for Heatran is pretty standar, Heatran is one of the few pokes that can run both sub and lefties effectively, TogeTran works bcuz Kiss uses Follow Me to eat up Earth Powers from our god, lord and savior Skymin and opposing Heatran. The EV spread is for maximum bulk and power, also standard. I guess thats it for him.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 180 SDef / 248 HP / 80 Def
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Amoongus is just a glue in the team, i wanted a little bit more offensive pressure here, but Amoongus works, he puts things to sleep, nails Rotom-W which would otherwise shit and walk over my team if CharY dieded, AND provides Rage Powder support to the team, the motherfucker also gets Regenerator, likem ultimate wall here, the EVs allow him to survive a hit from Timid CharY Heat Wave, so you wont be needing any more EVs in SpDef, so the rest goes into Def. I thinking of replacing Regenerator for Effect Spore to get status on the frickin' mega kangas and Terrakions running around, but regenerator sounds much more appealing.

Last edited:
I'm still testing this team out and i'm thinking of replacing Amoongus for some sort of check to Zardy, cuz nothing in this team can handle it, and i also need some offensive pressure. I was thinking Terrakion, Lando-T or Azumarill, i've tested them all, and i'm seriously thinking of Terrakion. Need some help here.

You could try LO Terrakion over Keldeo or a Dragon over Amoonguss. You could also try ancientpower on one of your fire types.
Uhh another change I'm thinking of would be kinda big, washtom over keldeo and terrakion over tran.
Lemme know if any of those work well!

Pretty solid team you have here, Roxer123! I'm liking that Togekiss. :P

First Impressions

At a glance, I can see that your team is pretty weak to Talonflame (or Flying-types in general); a Pokémon that is very common in the Doubles metagame. Hitmontop, Keldeo, and Amoonguss all die to his Brave Bird and I notice that only Heatran resists incoming attacks from Talonflame. Your team also lacks offensive firepower seeing as you have three support Pokémon, which in my opinion is too much for any team in Doubles. Usually, the maximum number of support Pokémon on a Doubles team should only be two as this metagame is very fast-paced and simply requires more offense over defense. However, I am loving the fact you gave Togekiss Safety Goggles. :] Now that Sleep Clause has been removed from Smogon Doubles, a Follow Me Togekiss with Safety Goggles is extremely useful due to the fact it can redirect incoming Spores and Sleep Powders and render them useless. Overall, I think your team is pretty good, but there are some changes I would like to make to further improve your team.

Set Changes

To start off, I recommend making Hitmontop more offensive by giving him giving him an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd with an Adamant nature. This spread, along with an Adamant nature, maximizes Hitmontop's offensive capabilities which in turn gives your team some much needed attacking power. The 8 Speed EV's invested allows Hitmontop to outspeed opposing Hitmontops carrying a common 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd spread and allows you to use Fake Out first before the standard Bulky Hitmontop does. Stone Edge is also a viable option if you wish to have coverage against Flying-types.

As for Charizard, everything looks fine except for the fact you're running HP Ground on him. You already have great coverage against Heatran such as Hitmontop with Close Combat and your own Heatran with Earth Power. I suggest you replace HP Ground with Fire Blast (strong STAB move with 120 BP of power); Fire Blast allows you to bypass Wide Guard and it also hits extremely hard, especially in Sun.

Honestly, Keldeo doesn't really have great synergy with your team, as you're running Charizard-Mega-Y. Not only that, utilizing Keldeo simply gives you three members of your team weak to either Flying, Psychic, and Fairy-types. You should try using Landorus-T over Keldeo as he provides Intimidate support while OHKOing threats to your team such as Talonflame and opposing Charizard-Mega-Y's.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Protect

Landorus-T is bulky enough to take multiple hits, and carrying Yache Berry allows him to survive incoming Ice-type attacks and strike back and deal a significant amount of damage with his extremely high Attack stat. Adding this guy to your team pretty much makes Heatran a non-threat and he has amazing synergy with your team; Landorus-Therian and Charizard can provide a deadly EQ/Rock Slide + Heat Wave combo and Hitmontop and Landorus-T combine to form a Double Intimidate which can cripple most physical sweepers in the Doubles meta. Knock Off deals a solid amount of damage to Cresselia and Dusclops while taking away their precious item, such as a Sitrus Berry and an Eviolite respectively. Knock Off also gives you pretty good coverage against Ghost, Dark, and Psychic-types and can remove common Doubles items; notably Life Orb and Sitrus Berry. You're also free to spam Earthquake thanks to Hitmontop carrying WG, Togekiss and Charizard being Flying-type, and Amoonguss and Heatran carrying Protect.

On Togekiss, you should give her Thunder Wave instead of Tailwind. Thunder Wave is a permanent status condition that gives your opponent a 1 out of 4 chance to not attack while greatly diminishing its speed. Not only that, thanks to Serene Grace you can use Air Slash on a paralyzed opponent and constantly get that paraflinch (your opponent has a 85% chance to NOT attack with a Serene Grace Air Slash + Paralysis combo). You should also replace Protect with STAB Dazzling Gleam to give your team Dragon-type coverage, which you lack. But I really love that Safety Goggles Togekiss; such a useful strategy with the removal of Sleep Clause.

The one thing I would change on Heatran is to give it a Shuca Berry > Leftovers to survive incoming Ground-type moves such as an EQ from Lando-T or an Earth Power from an opposing Heatran. I would also give Heatran Flash Cannon > Substitute for coverage against Fairy-types. Giving Heatran Flash Cannon makes him absolutely the best counter to Fairies because it resists 4x and it can deal heavy damage with STAB Flash Cannon.

Keep Regenerator on your Amoonguss; it's a much more consistent ability than Effect Spore in my opinion due to the fact you never know whether the opponent will get statused or not. Plus, it gives Amoonguss increased survivability. Also consider giving Amoonguss Sludge Bomb for extra Fairy-type coverage.

Final Comments

Anyway, hope I helped! Good luck with your team man. :]

Last edited:
Why not just keep amoonguss and get rid of Togekiss? Amonguss has rage powder and with his grass typing alone he can do what Togekiss does and absorb powder and spore. And like the guys above me said your team has to much support. So replace that Togekiss with a Landorus-T, or make that Togekiss more offensive.

Why not just keep amoonguss and get rid of Togekiss? Amonguss has rage powder and with his grass typing alone he can do what Togekiss does and absorb powder and spore. And like the guys above me said your team has to much support. So replace that Togekiss with a Landorus-T, or make that Togekiss more offensive.
Actually, Amoonguss can't absorb Sleep Powder or Spore. In Gen 6 Grass-type Pokémon are immune to Rage Powder or powder moves in general, so that basically means a Rage Powder from Amoonguss won't redirect a Spore from Breloom or a Sleep Powder from Venusaur. Also, Togekiss provides his team with speed control and she's a great check to Dragon-types and protects Heatran from incoming Earth Powers with Follow Me. Not only that, Togekiss provides coverage against common Fighting-types such as Hitmontop and Scrafty. There's nothing wrong with having both Follow Me and Rage Powder on a single team; it's actually pretty beneficial due to the fact two members of his team shields his partner from incoming attacks that could otherwise potentially deal a huge amount of damage to it.

Last edited:
Pretty solid team you have here, Roxer123! I'm liking that Togekiss. :P

First Impressions

At a glance, I can see that your team is pretty weak to Talonflame (or Flying-types in general); a Pokémon that is very common in the Doubles metagame. Hitmontop, Keldeo, and Amoonguss all die to his Brave Bird and I notice that only Heatran resists incoming attacks from Talonflame. Your team also lacks offensive firepower seeing as you have three support Pokémon, which in my opinion is too much for any team in Doubles. Usually, the maximum number of support Pokémon on a Doubles team should only be two as this metagame is very fast-paced and simply requires more offense over defense. However, I am loving the fact you gave Togekiss Safety Goggles. :] Now that Sleep Clause has been removed from Smogon Doubles, a Follow Me Togekiss with Safety Goggles is extremely useful due to the fact it can redirect incoming Spores and Sleep Powders and render them useless. Overall, I think your team is pretty good, but there are some changes I would like to make to further improve your team.

Set Changes

To start off, I recommend making Hitmontop more offensive by giving him giving him an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd with an Adamant nature. This spread, along with an Adamant nature, maximizes Hitmontop's offensive capabilities which in turn gives your team some much needed attacking power. The 8 Speed EV's invested allows Hitmontop to outspeed opposing Hitmontops carrying a common 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd spread and allows you to use Fake Out first before the standard Bulky Hitmontop does. Stone Edge is also a viable option if you wish to have coverage against Flying-types.

As for Charizard, everything looks fine except for the fact you're running HP Ground on him. You already have great coverage against Heatran such as Hitmontop with Close Combat and your own Heatran with Earth Power. I suggest you replace HP Ground with Fire Blast (strong STAB move with 120 BP of power); Fire Blast allows you to bypass Wide Guard and it also hits extremely hard, especially in Sun.

Honestly, Keldeo doesn't really have great synergy with your team, as you're running Charizard-Mega-Y. Not only that, utilizing Keldeo simply gives you three members of your team weak to either Flying, Psychic, and Fairy-types. You should try using Landorus-T over Keldeo as he provides Intimidate support while OHKOing threats to your team such as Talonflame and opposing Charizard-Mega-Y's.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Protect

Landorus-T is bulky enough to take multiple hits, and carrying Yache Berry allows him to survive incoming Ice-type attacks and strike back and deal a significant amount of damage with his extremely high Attack stat. Adding this guy to your team pretty much makes Heatran a non-threat and he has amazing synergy with your team; Landorus-Therian and Charizard can provide a deadly EQ/Rock Slide + Heat Wave combo and Hitmontop and Landorus-T combine to form a Double Intimidate which can cripple most physical sweepers in the Doubles meta. Knock Off deals a solid amount of damage to Cresselia and Dusclops while taking away their precious item, such as a Sitrus Berry and an Eviolite respectively. Knock Off also gives you pretty good coverage against Ghost, Dark, and Psychic-types and can remove common Doubles items; notably Life Orb and Sitrus Berry. You're also free to spam Earthquake thanks to Hitmontop carrying WG, Togekiss and Charizard being Flying-type, and Amoonguss and Heatran carrying Protect.

On Togekiss, you should give her Thunder Wave instead of Tailwind. Thunder Wave is a permanent status condition that gives your opponent a 1 out of 4 chance to not attack while greatly diminishing its speed. Not only that, thanks to Serene Grace you can use Air Slash on a paralyzed opponent and constantly get that paraflinch (your opponent has a 85% chance to NOT attack with a Serene Grace Air Slash + Paralysis combo). You should also replace Protect with STAB Dazzling Gleam to give your team Dragon-type coverage, which you lack. But I really love that Safety Goggles Togekiss; such a useful strategy with the removal of Sleep Clause.

The one thing I would change on Heatran is to give it a Shuca Berry > Leftovers to survive incoming Ground-type moves such as an EQ from Lando-T or an Earth Power from an opposing Heatran. I would also give Heatran Flash Cannon > Substitute for coverage against Fairy-types. Giving Heatran Flash Cannon makes him absolutely the best counter to Fairies because it resists 4x and it can deal heavy damage with STAB Flash Cannon.

Keep Regenerator on your Amoonguss; it's a much more consistent ability than Effect Spore in my opinion due to the fact you never know whether the opponent will get statused or not. Plus, it gives Amoonguss increased survivability. Also consider giving Amoonguss Sludge Bomb for extra Fairy-type coverage.

Final Comments

Anyway, hope I helped! Good luck with your team man. :]
I'm so surprised that this team which was made in 5 minutes is not that fucked up XD welp i'm making these changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)