SM RU MAD MANDY RATE MY TEAM (1400+ ELO)

MAD MANDY

Bandymuzz (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Bone Rush
- Mirror Move

Mandibuzz is the sweeper in my team. Yes, you're probably surprized.
But in this configuration it can lure into wallbreakers and knock out them with a Z-Mirror Move - surprisingly

Rivizion (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Standard Virizion. It counters bulky ground and rock types as whiles as Registeel.

Queedonin (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

The Stealth Rock setter. Meanwhile it builds up a good core with my Wallbraker Snorlax.

Norslax (Snorlax) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Snorlax does a lot damage. It even 2HKOs Donphan and Slowbro and it fullfills a physical offensive Spam Core with Virizion and Mandybuzz. It also counters offensive Fire Types like Drought Ninetales.

Tasbloise (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Icy Wind

I'm not satisfied with this Pokemon. I'm searching for hazard control, but I need the ability to check physical offensive Pokemon like Virizion.

Vardegoir (Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick

A special Revenger with the ability to heal weakened sweepers of my team.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
heya

i think your team will benefit from ditching mandibuzz as a sweeper as it is outclassed entirely by honchkrow

i recommend you try the taunt+tox set instead

:mandibuzz: --> :leftovers:

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

this has enough speed for positive base 60s and neutral base 70s plus some creep for opposing mandi

:virizion: --> :fightinium_z:

Virizion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

going from here you can slap the z move on viri to get some more breaking potential

also synth>sub imo because you get a semi-reliable check to m-toise and m-sceptile (make mandi spdef btw if you prefer sub)

heres a couple more minor nitpicks:

missing queens powerful stab sludge wave for underwhelming ghost coverage in shadow ball is a no from me. if you want to be able to damage zong go with fire blast but id still go with swave here. its true that in principle there isnt much you explicitly need poison stab for but with queen you often get into the situation of having to guess the correct switch-in and swave allows for a solid midground vs water/fly or water/levitate cores. if you find yourself troubled by toxic spreaders such as registeel and bronzong consider immunity>thick fat on lax though i understand that this makes the ninetales match-up exceptionally difficult. psyshock>psychic on gardevoir is necessary to get the guaranteed ohko on opposing virizion which are quite threatening. other than that the only thing that stands out to me is icy wind m-toise which while a cool idea to outspeed the grasses is not worth bc lack of power (ice beam + icy wind if at all).

this team still has some glaring issues such as that both fighting resists are easily overwhelmed (you can never afford to trick w/ garde vs teams with viri for example). theres also quite a few missing resistances such as to normal, flying, bug (gigalith>lax?) and the teams overreliance on lax to check a variety of special attackers (such as gardevoir, noivern, queen and m-sceptile w/ ace) in conjunction with mediocre speed control options lets it get overwhelmed rather easily. maybe someone else can chime in on this to suggest more impactful changes that help the abovementioned issues but keeping the teams offensive direction at the same time will be tough i feel.

lmk if you have any questions

cheers :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)