Lost:Fifth Season Discussion

This is a thread for discussion on Lost, and its new season!!

I personally am not sure where its going as of yet. With the Island moving through time, I know Ben knows the way back, but Im not sure how the Oceanic 6 will ever return. And with Hurley in jail, Im pretty sure that Jack will have to recruit someone who knows all to well how to avoid the law, Kate. And with Aaron, her chances of coming with him are slim. Sun is also a problem, since she wont want to leave her daughter, and going back to the island will bring more memories of Jin back. So, discuss!

I watched the first two episodes yesterday.

I must say I find the island traveling through time a bit lame,one time was cool,but those flashes keep coming back.

but I do think this season will be great.Not sure how the O6 will ever come back to the Island,probably after Desmond helps the people left on the island.

First two episodes? So... Do you mean the first two hours from the premiere, or did you somehow watch next week's episode?

Anyway... I'm a huge Lost fan as well.
Daniel Faraday is going to have a big role in this season, unless he gets killed or something... And I'm thinking that Pierre Chang (Mr. Wickman/Candle/Halliwax... The guy in the Dharma Initiative Orientation videos) will have some sort of role in this season.

I don't have a link right now, but I watched a youtube video from either Comic Con 2008, or the Lost Experience from a couple of years ago (I think it was the Comic Con video...), and Faraday may have an... interesting role. I won't go into detail in case it's considered a spoiler because it isn't actually on the show.

Edit- Kate is so hot. Just had to mention that.

I want to know why Sayid said to Hurley that he should do the opposite of whatever Ben says... Has Ben not told Sayid that they have to go back? It's indirectly Sayid's fault that Hurley turned himself in (which is going to cause problems...)

I wonder if Frank Lapidus (the pilot) and Desmond have to go back too... And what about the people who died on the freighter? That would suck if they had to go back too.

I dont think Desmond and Lapidus are as crucial as the 6, since they seem to be key to keeping balance on the Island. Since at the start of the premiere, we see Faraday in the mine to the wheel that started the time shift, Im pretty sure that the flashes are getting farther apart, so he has time to infiltrate Dharma and get close to do some recon.

I'm eagerly waiting for the season to start here as well. Though, Lost has only got worse after season one.

Also, obviously this isn't an entertainment review. It shouldn't be so hard to post threads in the right place.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Huge Lost fan here as well.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the explanation of the space-time weird-and-wonderful things that happen on the island in Seasons 5 and 6 than anything else.

Also, in these two seasons I would like a thorough explanation of what Libby's role was exactly... in particular why did she donate her late husband's boat to Desmond to sail in it and why did she end up at the same mental hospital as Hurley was in. I have a strong feeling that she was one of the DHARMA members...

There are many other questions I want solved, like in the very first scene of the very first episode, why did Jack start in the middle of the forest and not next to the plane crash like everybody else? The way he starts, he looks suspiciously like Ben started in the Sahara desert after he moved the island to me...

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
I really like LOST. I prefered the second chapter "The Lie", becuase there is more dramatic action than explanation about facts, like "Beacuse You Left". I love the last scene, with Ms. Hawking and Ben Linus, and the confession of Hugo.

Also, I think Desmond is crucial, like Faraday said, "he can change the time rules". Desmond is the link beetwen the Island and Widmore.

There are many other questions I want solved, like in the very first scene of the very first episode, why did Jack start in the middle of the forest and not next to the plane crash like everybody else? The way he starts, he looks suspiciously like Ben started in the Sahara desert after he moved the island to me...
Wow, I had not even considered that... Hmmm... I'll have to look into that.

Also, whats up with Richard? Evidently, he can move through time, since we see him trying to find Locke as a child, and he looks exactly the same. He's aware of the time shifts, but I dont know his role. We know he's part of the group known to the Dharma Initiative as a "Hostile". I think he might be linked to Jacob, the man in the hut where Locke learns from Cliare and Christian that they have to move the Island.

Also, whats up with Richard? Evidently, he can move through time, since we see him trying to find Locke as a child, and he looks exactly the same. He's aware of the time shifts, but I dont know his role. We know he's part of the group known to the Dharma Initiative as a "Hostile". I think he might be linked to Jacob, the man in the hut where Locke learns from Cliare and Christian that they have to move the Island.
I think Faraday, Richard, Desmond, and Matthew Abaddon (The guy who talked about his 'walkabout' to Locke while he was in the hospital) are all very special, and have the ability to essentially time-travel.

Faraday- His notebook with notes from different time periods would be a hint at this, plus the fact that the Dharma Initiative's creation was roughly 30 years prior to his appearance (re-appearance) on the island from the freighter.

Desmond- I believe Faraday said this was true for him already.

Richard- Always looks the same... Seems pretty obvious that he's special. I think he came on the Black Rock over 100 years ago. Also, he mention in the premiere to Locke after he was asked "How did you know I was here?", he says, "You already told me" or "You're going to tell me" or something like that.

Matthew Abaddon-
Here's my theory about him:
He came to the island on the Black Rock, as a slave in the early-mid 1800s.
His 'miracle' he experience on the 'walkabout' was him escaping/being freed on the island after the ship wrecked or whatever happened to it. Since then, he's gained the ability, similar to Richard (and possibly Jacob), to 1. never age, and 2. time travel.

Abaddon is very mysterious. We've seen him with Locke before the flight, with Hurley after the rescue... And we've seen him speaking with Naomi about the Kahana (the boat that the mercenaries and Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, and Frank came on) Could he work for Widmore? Or is he still connected with Richard and the island if he was in fact on the Black Rock with Richard (and Jacob?)

Could Faraday have come from the Black Rock? What about Desmond? Is the Black Rock special in some way, or is it just coincidence that 2 of the 'time-travelers' seem to be connected with the Black Rock's final voyage? If it isn't related to the Black Rock, then how and why are certain characters seemingly able to travel through time, or at the very least have a knowledge of the past, present, and future that the rest of the Losties don't have?

I hope this is a pretty big part of the final two seasons (these guys, or any others like them), because it's very interesting to me.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah, that is a unanswered question. And, if you look the Jack's tie in the crash day [Pilot] it resembles the tie that Jack used in Because You Left.

xD.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Interestingly, I've just realised that Faraday also seems not to age, like Richard. When he was shown in the DHARMA initiative, he looked exactly the same back then as he does now. This isn't true for Desmond, for instance.

The show is kinda hinting more and more that LOST is just a time loop. I'm starting to believe more and more that the last episode of Season 6 would be able to be considered as an episode just before the first one of Season 1 and the show would still 'make sense'.

Well, I think Faraday was with the Dharma Intitiative because of the flashes, not because he moves through time like Richard.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Omg! Jughead was brilliant! Charles Widmore was that English guy with the gunshot!

And we know now why Richard Alpert went to go Locke when he born!

in episode 3 i dont know if you guys noticed by charles whitmore the solider in the 50's is the same guy as desmond was talking to in the previous scene

i dont think richard alpert time travels, its much more likely that he is immortal, at least in terms of death by natural causes

lots of signs point to him being an original crew member of the black rock (which also explains why he looked kind of like a pirate when ben first met him as a child), the compass subtly hints at that as well. furthermore the line that ben says to him 'it was a birthday present. you do remember birthdays, dont you?' is further reinforcement for richard just living either forever, or for a really damn long time.

this season is really cool so far! my theory behind why widmore wants back on the island so bad is that, through one way or another, he pushed the wheel that we saw ben push and got exiled from the island. ben mentions that once you push it you cant go back, so maybe thats why widmore is trying to hard?

i was theorizing with my friend and we are pretty confident that the whispers are from their future selves in one way or another. read up on whisper transcripts on lostpedia and a lot of signs point to it.

316 was EPIC
any theories on where aaron is or why ben was bloody and at the docks?

aaron I'm unsure about. while the obvious guess is ben took him, I've been thinking maybe kate killed him because she knew that someone would eventually find out that they weren't related and the entire O6's cover would be blown? unsure on this one becuase I don't know why ben would even want him in the first place ._.

I'm pretty sure that ben killed penny: remember last season when army man (don't remember his name) killed alex? then ben went to widmore and told him he was going to kill his daughter? he was at the docks and desmond and penny live in a boat house, so yeah... feel free to disprove/contribute to these

316 was EPIC
any theories on where aaron is or why ben was bloody and at the docks?

aaron I'm unsure about. while the obvious guess is ben took him, I've been thinking maybe kate killed him because she knew that someone would eventually find out that they weren't related and the entire O6's cover would be blown? unsure on this one becuase I don't know why ben would even want him in the first place ._.

I'm pretty sure that ben killed penny: remember last season when army man (don't remember his name) killed alex? then ben went to widmore and told him he was going to kill his daughter? he was at the docks and desmond and penny live in a boat house, so yeah... feel free to disprove/contribute to these
I disagree, straight out killing isn't really Ben's style. Im pretty sure that was meant to be a threat so that Widmore would stay away from the Island. Its still a possibility, but Im pretty sure that Ben was the attackee, not the attacker. Since his arm was broken, it shows that since Ben is an efficient man, he wouldn't have gone in all fists-a-flailing at Penny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)