Looking to break into the Metagame

Hey guys, I've heard of the Pokemon metagame for a while and after watching countless youtube videos I'm looking to finally start out.

I've been playing Pokemon for over ten years now, one of those old guys that bought it on the original black and white gameboy. Kind of amazing for me to see how far it is come and the kind of community that has developed around competitive battling.

Specifically I am looking at starting out with NU. I know this isn't usually the first place people go when they want to do competitive battles, but I like the idea of the underdog and some surprising combos. It seems to be far less predictable than what is going on in OU right now.

Plus, few of my old first gen favorites are in the tier, with the exception of my all time, Snorlax.

Any advice?

Hey guys, I've heard of the Pokemon metagame for a while and after watching countless youtube videos I'm looking to finally start out.

I've been playing Pokemon for over ten years now, one of those old guys that bought it on the original black and white gameboy. Kind of amazing for me to see how far it is come and the kind of community that has developed around competitive battling.

Specifically I am looking at starting out with NU. I know this isn't usually the first place people go when they want to do competitive battles, but I like the idea of the underdog and some surprising combos. It seems to be far less predictable than what is going on in OU right now.

Plus, few of my old first gen favorites are in the tier, with the exception of my all time, Snorlax.

Any advice?
Well, which metagame are you trying to break into? Pokémon Online will have a different metagame to Smogon will have a different metagame to global wifi players will have a different metagame to playing your friends locally. Are you looking to play on the actual cartridges, or using an online simulator, for one thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)