Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, any word on Aromatisse? I absolutely love that thing, but I'm at a loss on its apparent competitive viability.
We literally don't know anything about Aromatisse except its Healer ability.
so megapinser was revealed....and it's bug/flying, it's got a cool ability that turns all normal moves to flying moves (Aerilate)
Return and Quick Attack flying type. Umh, interesting, but that godawful Bug-Flying type ;_;

It all depends on it's speed.

Base 85 for Pinsir so it would need a decent boost to ensure it can outrun specific threats but given that Flying type has pretty good OU coverage and is severely lacking in move choice we have our first Flying type priority with Quick Attack, an Outrage clone with Thrash, and it's own version of Brave Bird with Double Edge. If all of these fail to appeal you can go with good old Return for it's respectable reliability.

Did anyone ever calculate the stats for the Rock/Fairy Pokémon. If it has good defensive stats it could potentially make a great spinner in OU (Provided it gets Rapid spin and it looks like it could). Access to Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin, decent typing resisting Flying, Fire, Normal, Dark and immune to Dragon and weak to Ground, Grass, Water and a big 4x weakness to steel. Its not perfect typing but in Sand Storm (provided its still used somewhat) you boost its special defence helping it tank Water and Grass moves. The 4x weakness to Steel will hurt though. Anyway not saying it will be OU because it has its problems but it could have potential, especially if it has access to spikes and/or instant recovery.

Also does anyone think this item could be useful. I guess its the equivalent to a choice items for defensive Pokémon.
Assault Vest: When held, it raises Special Defence, but prevents the user from using Status moves. Any chance it could be used over leftovers?

Last edited:
Love the idea behind the assault vest, and it may find its home on many an offensive poke in the item clause vcg, but within the ou metagame I cant see it getting any use over lefties, especially due to the nerf of rain and hail (possible rain dish/ dry skin/ ice body abusers)
also most pokes keen to abuse the spe def increase to make it worth while would require status moves, for either recovery, to set up or support

Last edited:
Mega Medicham ... Base 100 Attack with Pure Power is absolutely disgusting lol
The fact that it has the luxury to run a Speed-Boosting Nature over a Attack-Boosting Nature is disgusting as well. Base 100 Speed is not bad at all. It's fast enough to break speed tiers past many walls and it has a decent enough 60/85/85 defense stats with a pretty nice typing to boot.
High Jump Kick, Ice Punch, Psycho-Cut and Thunder Punch is what we'll run for now...

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 228-268 (54.28 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham ThunderPunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 184-218 (46.7 - 55.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 201-237 (61.46 - 72.47%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham ThunderPunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 246-290 (61.04 - 71.96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 354-417 (87.62 - 103.21%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
-1 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 336-396 (88.18 - 103.93%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

and its all Jolly Nature......

Mega Heracross confirmed to retain it's Bug/Fighting typing and has an ability change to Skill Link however unless there is an update to it's movepool or moves as yet undiscovered the only move it has to take advantage of the ability is .... Fury Attack :pirate: so unless there is something fantastic to find out about this MEvo I think I'd prefer my Guts or Moxie vanillacross.

Waiting on further updates from Serebii as to stats etc.

Last edited:
Gengar (mega gengar)
item: gengarite
timid, 252hp, 252 speed
ability: shadow tag

perish song
protect
substitute
destiny bond

With healing wish/wish and spinner support. This could be very viable...

Gengar (mega gengar)
item: gengarite
timid, 252hp, 252 speed
ability: shadow tag

perish song
protect
substitute
destiny bond

With healing wish/wish and spinner support. This could be very viable...
Any Prankster with taunt will render your only Mega useless, also anything with Volt-Turn or Baton Pass stops this gimmick in it's tracks. If you run this set you are gambling high.

Sub disable gengar is good but without lefties itll be worn down fast esp with it losing its grouns immunity.
personally i think the subsplit set is more viable. All gengar needs is shadoe ball amd sludge bomb to beat almost everything esp since steel is neutral to ghost now. So it doesnt have to rely on focus miss anymore...

Sub disable gengar is good but without lefties itll be worn down fast esp with it losing its grouns immunity.
personally i think the subsplit set is more viable. All gengar needs is shadoe ball amd sludge bomb to beat almost everything esp since steel is neutral to ghost now. So it doesnt have to rely on focus miss anymore...
Tyranitar

that is all I need to say

How about Greninja with Rapid Spin?

Fastest spinner from the looks of it. Not only that, since it's dark it'll ward off any ghosts/spinblockers trying to stop it. And with Ghosts seemingly getting better this gen, this could be key.

With Nasty Plot and Taunt as well, it could setup in all kinds of situations.

Last edited:
Any Prankster with taunt will render your only Mega useless, also anything with Volt-Turn or Baton Pass stops this gimmick in it's tracks. If you run this set you are gambling high.
Then i guess you should get that thing out of the way, before you reveal your gengar. I do see your point however. T-tar would be a bitch too, any residual damage would give it a hard time. Or just get rid of dbond and add a offensive move of choice.

Menacing as megacham looks, It might just be too slow to take up your sole mega slot on a team. The inability to run a scarf significantly hinders its sweeping ability and 60/80/85 defenses cant take too many hits... it would be devastating to stall though
My dear Ladies and Gentlemen, don't panic seeing MegaMedicham. Yeah, his attack stat looks incredible, I admit, but his STAB combo together is kind of counterproductive, as he is utterly walled by Bulky Psychics (Celebi, Cresselia, Musharna, Uxie, etc. etc.) while not even having Shadow Claw/Night Slash/Crunch to hit them for SE damage (or he may have 4MMS syndrome as he can't hit all dual types Psychics for SE damage). Also no boosting moves to make it even harder for him. Although I admit that if you support it well, it will wreck. But you may say the same about Salamence, Lucario, Garchomp, etc. etc. while no one calls them broken and unlike him they have better speed/priority/coverage with attacks. Also if Smogon decides to drop some stuff from Ubers like Lugia, Giratina or Deoxys-D, the list of his counters will increase (with Megas being in and even higher power creep, IMO some older Ubers should be tested to balance things out).

You are afraid of Pursuit users ? No worries, you may still use something like Sableye (IMMUNE to both of those STAB attacks) or Spiritomb (which is IMO better Pokemon than people give it credit) or even use something like Psychic/Fairy Mr.Mime which x4 Resist Fighting and x2 Psychic for more offensive team. Offensive teams shouldn't struggle against Medicham as well, as Psychic/Fighting combo means LOTS of resistances/immunities to switch into and hit hard back. Although I admit that prediction goes both ways, so they need to watch out if they allow him to get in for free somehow. Also his best priority is... Bullet Punch which also doesn't help his case.

Some of those Pokemon sounds niche ? If MegaMedicham become really popular, just adapt. Simple, something which was mediocre in Gen 5, may be much better in Gen 6 with different meta.

Really strong ? Sure. Scary ? Not really once you realize his movepool lacking dark/ghost physical STAB, 4MMS Syndrome (You can't use all elemental punches, so you will miss coverage on something), mediocre speed for offensive Pokemon, strong priority, lack of good priority, no good boosting moves and STAB combination which doesn't allow it to break through some stuff (mostly mono-type bulky Psychics).

Last edited:
Mega Medicham ... Base 100 Attack with Pure Power is absolutely disgusting lol
The fact that it has the luxury to run a Speed-Boosting Nature over a Attack-Boosting Nature is disgusting as well. Base 100 Speed is not bad at all. It's fast enough to break speed tiers past many walls and it has a decent enough 60/85/85 defense stats with a pretty nice typing to boot.
High Jump Kick, Ice Punch, Psycho-Cut and Thunder Punch is what we'll run for now...

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 228-268 (54.28 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham ThunderPunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 184-218 (46.7 - 55.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 201-237 (61.46 - 72.47%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham ThunderPunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 246-290 (61.04 - 71.96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 354-417 (87.62 - 103.21%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
-1 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Landorus-T: 336-396 (88.18 - 103.93%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

and its all Jolly Nature......
On the other hand Medicham is forced to run Jolly, we have no confirmation on whether HJK has remained the same and 100 speed base is too contentious a benchmark to be taking chances since whilst it's good, compared to other Mega's it's pretty low. I mean we literally went two Generations with 101, 104 and 108 speed bases deciding most conflict's, not to mention when it comes to raw power regular CBCham is far stronger and still has the option to run Scarf.

From the research thread:

I'm getting 80/160/80/130/80/100 for Mega Blaziken with certainty, following the 100 BST increase pattern perfectly. I have to say, I'm really pleased with this.
MegaBlaziken is looking fantastic! 100 Spe + Speed Boost and those offensive stats means that it could easily run Baton Pass / Fire Blast / HJK / Filler, to sweep and then pass if necessary. Loving this.

We have Mega Banette with Prankster, and Mega Alakazam with Trace.

Since MegaZam can't use a Life Orb the loss of Magic Guard doesn't matter too much, but I kind of like Magic Guard better. :/

Nothing to say about Bannete, never used one...

The loss of magic guard means no more immunity to hazards which means no more guaranted focus sash. Trace will only be good if it gets better defensive stats (but its hp will remain unchanged, so it wont make much difference).

From the research thread:

MegaBlaziken is looking fantastic! 100 Spe + Speed Boost and those offensive stats means that it could easily run Baton Pass / Fire Blast / HJK / Filler, to sweep and then pass if necessary. Loving this.
i don't want to face this thing, baton pass/flare blitz/hjk/swords dance.....it's just..............i might as well roll over and die

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The loss of magic guard means no more immunity to hazards which means no more guaranted focus sash. Trace will only be good if it gets better defensive stats (but its hp will remain unchanged, so it wont make much difference).
Holding a Mega Stone means loss of Sash. The ability change is irrelevant in that regard. I guess it means it will take passive damage now, but the two best items for Magic Guard are not even able to be used, so they can't really be considered when talking about the pros and cons. Obviously, don't know enough about it yet to say, but with SpA and Speed as high as they are already, this thing could have scary stats. I mean, normal Kazam is better than Gengar at both SpA and Spe. Just imagine what that means for a Mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)