Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Swellow chain broke at 43 after a stupid buizel decide it would be fun to go right behind my stupid over-sized hat-thing that obscures the patch directly behind me. Unfortunately, the shiny I posted above is the only one I got. I was using my Hasty Kadabra as a Synch (while EV training it, Swellow gives 2 speed points). What is the chance of wild pokemon having the same nature as the Synch?

Also had a Magnemite chain get to 28 before breaking.

Scyther@Timid

26/24/7/25/18/28

I say this one is the best, hands down...

are they supposed to be Timid though? >.<

Yay got to 40 on Nosepasses again after my last try only reaped 6 crappy shinies. I managed to get an early shiny at 39 :D

Wish me luck!

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Jolly - Own Tempo
IV's: 18 | 15 | 8 | 26 | 28 | 30

I'm pretty happy with that tbh, expecially since I only got ~14 Smeargles because my chain broke on a Shiny Smeargle and 3/4 wern't Jolly :S Opinions???

Tried a chain of Pinsir, with pretty crappy results. I only got 4, so which of these are the best? All are in Premier balls.

Listed HP/ATK/DEF/SATK/SDEF/SPEED

Female, Jolly, Mold Breaker 11/28/21/31/7/10

Female, Lonely, Mold Breaker 28/16/30/26/8/12

Male, Jolly, Mold Breaker 19/25/16/15/14/29

I'm thinking it's the third one.

The other one isn't worth mentioning.

40 chains in a row nets you the highest percentage of encountering a shiny patch, so once you hit that number reset the radar until you find a shiny patch.

Tried a chain of Pinsir, with pretty crappy results. I only got 4, so which of these are the best? All are in Premier balls.

Listed HP/ATK/DEF/SATK/SDEF/SPEED

Female, Jolly, Mold Breaker 11/28/21/31/7/10

Female, Lonely, Mold Breaker 28/16/30/26/8/12

Male, Jolly, Mold Breaker 19/25/16/15/14/29

I'm thinking it's the third one.

The other one isn't worth mentioning.
I'd also say the 3rd one as well.

My chains keep breaking at 13 which I suppose makes that my lucky number >.< I read through about 40 being the optimal time for a shiny patch but I'm obviously scared of resetting once (and if) I finally get to there. Just to be sure; when I get up to 40 you can re use the radar and this will keep the chain alive but redistribute the patches?

Edit: Thanks a lot Lorak, I'm going to keep pushing on for those beautiful blue boxing gloves. I finally managed to get out of my 13 rut.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
My chains keep breaking at 13 which I suppose makes that my lucky number >.< I read through about 40 being the optimal time for a shiny patch but I'm obviously scared of resetting once (and if) I finally get to there. Just to be sure; when I get up to 40 you can re use the radar and this will keep the chain alive but redistribute the patches?
You can reuse the radar at any time after you've taken 50 steps to recharge it, which will keep the chain alive and redistribute the patches. 40 and above just gives you the highest chance of a shiny patch appearing.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's some of the Scyther I got(the best):

Scyther@Timid

25/29/1/20/31/5

Scyther@Timid

13/16/31/16/24/20

Scyther@Brave

8/29/30/1/24/22

Scyther@Timid

15/23/30/30/10/7

Scyther@Timid

26/24/7/25/18/28

Scyther@Timid

1/16/16/19/30/29

Those are the best of the bunch, others had either wrong nature or very sucky IVs, so thoughts?
Why the hell are the scyther's timid? If you forgot to bring an appropriate synch, you should just not synch'd. Timid is a terrible nature for scyther, probably one of the worse. -ATK = fail

Out of these, the one brave one is by far the best (it can at least be used for Scizor).

I'm at a 40 Snorunt chain with a Timid Synchronizer upfront. Hope it all goes well :). I forgot Snorunt is NOT a ghost so it can be False Swiped, so I hope I don't end up KOing any shinies.

I caught this bad ass chick from the Moulin Rouge whilst chaining.
Slakoth 31/29/22/29/29/31. Lucky yes? Mwuhahhaa! I was looking for a shiny Slakoth but stopped paying attention and ran into a wurmple >.<.
The lessons I've learned so far are; don't move directly up and take breaks.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I caught this bad ass chick from the Moulin Rouge whilst chaining.
Slakoth 31/29/22/29/29/31. Lucky yes? Mwuhahhaa! I was looking for a shiny Slakoth but stopped paying attention and ran into a wurmple >.<.
The lessons I've learned so far are; don't move directly up and take breaks.
Yep. Did you learn the "stockpile 999 of everything" lesson yet? And what nature?

hey Jhony what's the nature on that Slakoth? Also my chains are failing they always seem to go to the edge. ANy tips for dealin g with thaty?

Its adamant, I was synching with a fainted xatu. Lorak, no not 999 but as much stuff as I can afford. I feel like a poke student...
Looking at the Choice scarf Slaking on smogon I think my pogeys defense might be a little too low. Choice band for me mithinks. Back to either Shuckle or Tyrogue next! It's always great to find something new on pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)