ORAS OU Living Things (Peaked #5: 1974 ELO)

is playerw17 bad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A

moomin
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
There was once a memer stuck in the depths of 1500s, trying to grasp his way out with the art of Brazillian Tyranitar, CB Manaphy, and the like, but alas..the ladder was not amused and banished him to mediocrity forever. That was until one night, while conversing with the great roommod Terrakion, he had thought of summoning the great beast itself, the pink blob. However, the guardians of Stall heavily protect its sacred fat blob, and the commoners condemn usage of it outside of the praised territory. Regardless, the man squared off and managed to speak with the pink one. "You have freed me from my chains, and I shall give you my true power, mortal." It was at that point, he unlocked the ancient secret of Chansey Offense. The heretics claim that they use the art of CHO, but dishonor it by running 3 fat mons and barely any form of firepower whatsoever. He has ascended into a higher plane of existence, and begun to climb the ladder of Overused, squaring off against bird HO, various Tele-stalls, the 1600 crew, and many more. (drop a draco stop beating me with dragalge pls /s)

What's good OU? It's your boy A, and I want to share with you guys this. It's a team that has undergone quite a lengthy process in teambuilding, having a plethora of changes. But it was able to surpass my expectations, and even reach #5 in OU. That's incredible, no? Although right now my rank isn't as high (got hit with some massive tilt with a sprinkle of hax) but I wanted all of you to see this regardless. If you're a non believer, check this out. (small ps the nicknames might be different on the replays and this rmt)

The team originally started out as just a meme modified version of Bird HO, running the beast itself; Screens Kyu-B, DPP Mixnite and Rocks M-Diancie. I also tried out Keldeo over Manaphy, but it didn't go so hot.

I had another Chansey HO team using M-Cham, and I just thought "why not" (also for meme cred), and there it was. I tried various pokemon for the last slot, opting to change Kyu-B to CB, Jellicent, Amoonguss, but it didn't work so well. I finally found the solution, however.

Tangrowth's phenomenal bulk, typing and Knock Off absorption helped quite a lot, I could pivot into it via CB U-turn Tflame, and it just performed excellent in nearly all the matches I've had. Solid. (it also complements Chansey quite nicely)

Now that's out of the way, on to the team shall we?

TINFOIL (Tangrowth) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Pretty standard set with slightly modified EVs, Tangrowth does his job well as a "pivot", and being able to cripple things with Sleep Powder is generally solid. The team can use things like double switches, or Tflame's U-turn to bust this bad boy out. Helmet is nice for punishing Lando-T and friends. It also helps as a blanket check to quite a lot of things, and forces non Fblast Keldeo to play ring around the rosie.

Castle of Glass (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

M-Diancie has probably got to be one of my favorite megas to use, nice speed tier (kinda), great mixed offenses, and Magic Bounce is always appreciated. It helps deter hazards, baits grounds in, and overall does great damage. I opted to use EP since Chansey is using rocks, and it seems that EP has fallen out of flavor, allowing for some surprise kills vs things like slightly weakened Tran. Double STAB and Protect are pretty much self-explanatory.

IN MY REMAINS (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Scarf Exca is definitely a solid cleaner, and it packs quite a lot of power to boot. It can definitely win games on its own and it provides a nice Electric Immunity for the team. It's also there to outpace faster threats like Weavile, Torn-T, without having to use Talonflame. I opted for Rapid Spin on the last slot seeing as i'm using double SR weak mons, and Tangrowth doesn't like hazards either.

POWERLESS (Dragonite) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 248 SpA / 204 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head / Superpower
- Extreme Speed

DPP Mixnite is definitely an underrated set, it's able to pretty much bait in things like Lando-T, and nearly destroy it with Draco Meteor, doing around 80% or more. It also surprises its usual checks/counters like WispTom, Slowbro, Ferrothorn. I mostly ran Superpower in my run as it does really good damage vs Heatran (eq is a bit clunky sometimes), but Iron Head had its merits in doing quite a lot to Clefable on the switch in, as well as ko'ing a Diancie that had stayed in and mega'd without using protect. Extreme Speed is just an overall useful priority tool that helps in picking off weakened things. (if you want run inner focus to troll m-cham/m-lop/rachi ez) Speed is enough to creep RH Chomp and friends.

BURN IT DOWN (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

The Smogon Bird himself, CB Tflame has been quite the prominent figure in offense. It's quite standard, but with a little twist. Tailwind. Tailwind has won me a good deal of matches as most of the time I could secure the victory if only "x outsped his lando-t" or in tight spots like "how do i beat rush exca, my scarf doesnt outpace and there's still 3 turns". Adamant provides a good deal of power, and max speed allows it to actually creep base 110s by 1 point, which is pretty neat.

VICTIMIZED (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Finally, we get to the blob itself. While it does sound baffling that I'm playing "HO" with a giant "momentum sink" such as Chansey, but believe me this pulls its weight far too often. It's able to pretty much win on its own once threats have been dismantled, which can be easily done by the team itself. It's not exactly a wincon, but it's a nice sponge and gives access to SR (it would have Heal Bell if I opted Diancie were to have rocks). I mean, what HO team has the rights to brag about having things like Scald Keldeo, Draco Lati, and a Manaphy answer/switch in? (t-wave = all the momentum you ever need)

Threatlist (WIP)
Facing lead Mmedi while you chose wrong is such a huge pain, it even does 66% to tang with HJK, crazy. Rkillable. Bullet Punch variants are quite lame to play against :(.

+ CS
/ Volt-Turn : Heavily annoying and requires massive prediction to play against for this team. Diancie can definitely help out, but it can be a problem if misplays occur.

Not quite easy to find a switch in, but it is punishable by RH Tang on the Knock, or just flat out t-waving it with chansey, etc. It also gets melted by D-nite espeed if it's weakened enough.

Despite having various switch ins, it's still quite a challenge if Keldeo does pick the correct move on your switch. Luckily, it is checkable.

While not an immediate threat, it can definitely force out Tangrowth and annoy Chansey if it's Taunt or Magma Storm or both.
Like all teams that usually prepare for the metagame, meme/weird teams especially employed by the various people of high ladder (taxidriver s/o) can be quite scary to play against if you don't know what they have.

I think you know what this represents. Depends on the variant and the plays, M-Diancie is a huge teamplayer, and Mixed D-Nite can pull its weight vs the team too, as Meteor does ridiculous damage to anything not named "Sp.def Skarm/Chansey". Very prediction intensive though, I have to say.

TINFOIL (Tangrowth) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Castle of Glass (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

IN MY REMAINS (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

BURN IT DOWN (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

POWERLESS (Dragonite) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 56 Atk / 248 SpA / 204 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed

VICTIMIZED (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Replays!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456212654
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456205397
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456192598
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-455545830
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-455548765

Shoutouts!
Synthaesium for understanding my meme sets!
playerW17 for believing in me!
Tinberz for moral support!
jeffrawr for being the worst user ever to grace the land
Terrakion. for helping me out!
Ruby. for being a dank memer!
CrystalRam for being a dumbo!
Baton Mash :]
@thewholeouchat :]]

Last edited:
10/10 poll

Nice team though (I claim credit for giving you the idea to make bad birdspam in the first place).

In terms of an actual rate, an option is Jolly Talonflame to outspeed Weavile with U-Turn or Flare Blitz which might come in useful (but does lose significant power).

Dude, you have Life Orb on Dragonite, Multiscale is useless. I just had a battle where I predicted a Gardevoir switch (which hadn't mega-evolved yet) and couldn't kill it because it traced stupid Multiscale.

A

moomin
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Dude, you have Life Orb on Dragonite, Multiscale is useless. I just had a battle where I predicted a Gardevoir switch (which hadn't mega-evolved yet) and couldn't kill it because it traced stupid Multiscale.
Ah, that definitely sucks! Had certain clutch battles where I lived BB Tflame at full and +0 Manaphy though, but I'd change it to inner focus if you want. whydidntyousendoutchansey :(

Reactions: ckw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)