Living the Dream! (Running out! Only 1 Flygon!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living the Dream!

Note for moderators: I would ask that this giveaway bypass the 48 hour rule if possible until all of my Pokemon are given away, or if Sevipers are just sitting here alone because of how un-viable he is.

Hey Smogon! This giveaway is my way of giving back to all of those who have helped me on this website for absolutely no cost at all, or are just really generous in general! In order to follow this sentiment, this giveaway I will be providing six Pokemon I used to use a lot growing up, and who have meant a lot to me throughout the years. I added to each Pokemon how my story went as a kid--and by that I mean that as a kid I used to write my own Pokemon adventures while I watched the television show as if I was the Pokemon trainer. So you'll definitely see some ripoffs of the original series, while I try to include what Pokeball they're in. I hope this is a fun way of giving back to the community.

Rules:

1. Be kind and respectful to me and everyone else in this thread. Please and thank yous are always appreciated.
2. When requesting, fill out the form. The trades will be conducted over GTS, unless stated otherwise on the specific Pokemon. I do not care what Pokemon you give me in return, but undesirable Pokemon such as Wurmple, Zigzagoon, etc. would most likely work best in your favor so they don't get sniped by someone else, and if they do you lose nothing of value.
3. Your message over GTS should always be "Living the dream"
4. When requesting, tell me about your favorite Pokemon growing up, your fictional journey in your head as a kid, etc. Maybe tell me a little story or something, but all that I ask is you provide some sort of sentiment toward a, or, multiple special Pokemon in your life.
5. If there's multiple Pokemon that you would like, I would ask that you only request one at a time, so everyone may get something they like. Also, on this note, you may only request one of each Pokemon. So basically you may not request two Pidgeot, but you are allowed to request a Pidgeot, and then later a Sceptile.
6. I should also note that those nicknames listed are indeed in use. If you hate them, I can change it before sending it, except for Crawdaunt, who has more info on him.

Pokemon Requesting:
Pokemon Deposited:
Pokemon's Level and Gender:
Your In-Game Name:
Sentiment:

HUGE shoutout to Maximum Optimizer™ for cloning all of these Pokemon! He's a pleasure to trade with, and has an awesome trade thread you should check out as well!

The Pokemon!

Skylar ♀

OT: Mason (me)
Level 92
Timid Nature
Keen Eye
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
31|x|31|31|31|31
-Hyper Beam
-Hurricane
-U-Turn
-Heat Wave​

Stock: ALL OUT!
Note: She can be given a mega stone, but it cannot be traded over GTS. If you really need it with the mega stone, let me know and we can do a direct trade. Otherwise, you can follow this guide to get it yourself for ORAS. Please keep in mind that if you only have X/Y, Pidgeot cannot mega evolve, and the mega stone is unobtainable.

The first Pokemon I ever caught, like a lot of people, Pidgey. Except different from other people, I've never stopped using Pidgeot. She is essentially my starter Pokemon and is my absolute favorite Pokemon. My story was me traveling through Hoenn with Pidgey as my first Pokemon, who quickly helped me capture my second Pokemon... I used her to fly everywhere. Our bond was so strong I used to run up to and hug her after big battles and fly around the battlefield. During my final battle with Stephen, she bested Skarmory in the air, but lost to Metagross at the end. Skylar's name comes from Sky and from it being a bird. Not very in-depth.

Krieg ♂

Level 83
Timid Nature
Overgrow
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
31|x|31|31|31|31
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse​

Note: Same deal with the mega stone as Pidgeot. Guide can be found here.

The Pokemon I next caught on my journey as a rebellious Treecko that used to have a toothpick in its mouth (if you ever watched the show with Ash's Treecko you know how bad I was ripping off the show at such a young age). He consistently held a grudge against a Pokemon whenever he lost, and soon had a very good win record. He rarely let me down. During my final battle with Stephen, he was my last Pokemon against his Metagross, and barely lost, preventing me from becoming champion. Krieg is German for war, and it sounds badass as a reptile's name.

Scarlett ♂

OT: Nikolai
Level 81
Adamant Nature
Adaptability
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
31|31|31|x|31|31
-Crabhammer
-Dragon Dance
-Knock Off
-Superpower​

Note:I obtained the Corphish from Regiultima115 . He allowed me to give it away like the wonderful person he is. He has also said that he will take back the Pokemon to be nicknamed if you desire. So that means you get it from me, then you may ask him to take it back and nickname him. I will not do this step for you.

I obtained Corphish when traveling to Mauville city. He was expressing his ruffian side that would be fully realized as a Crawdaunt, and therefore his trainer thought he was too much trouble. After releasing him, I caught him in a luxury ball to make him more tame, and he became the third member of my team. His hard shell and giant claws endured and delivered many hits. However, during my final battle with Stephen he fell to his Steelix (I didn't know his full team as a kid I never beat him =P) His nickname comes from both his color, and the name of a British officer in the colonial era who wore the lobster tail coat.

Scorch ♂

OT: Mason
Level 65
Timid Nature
Shed Skin
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
31|x|31|31|31|31
-Flamethrower
-Sludge Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Final Gambit​

Stock: 5

Note: I understand it's a gimmicky set, but Seviper's base special attack is high enough for him to work with a choice scarf. But usually I save him for something that counters my team and dive in there for a Final Gambit, which works better than you think. It's surprise factor really allows it to shine.

Scorch was the last Pokemon I caught, where I found him under attack from an entire horde of Zangoose. After fighting them off, he was too hostile to help, but too weak to survive on his own. With a luxury ball, I tamed him and brought him to the nearest Pokemon center. In my final battle with Stephen, he also lost to Steelix, but nearly took him out with Flamethrower. Nickname comes from his surprising ability to breathe fire.

Fly-Gon Jinn ♂

Level 72
Jolly Nature
Levitate
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
31|31|31|x|31|31
-U-Turn
-Outrage
-Iron Tail
-Earthquake​

Stock: 1

I caught Flygon as a Trapinch in the Hoenn sandstorm. Me and one of my rivals both went to capture it, and decided its fate with a battle. His Cacnea vs. my Grovyle. His Cacnea evolved into Cacturne and defeated us, but let us have Trapinch so we would have gotten a new Pokemon. Vibrava didn't evolve into Flygon until our Elite 4 battle with Drake, but it was worth it. During my final battle with Stephen, Flygon finished Steelix and Armaldo, and nearly took out Cradily before it used Self-Destruct. It's nickname comes from my favorite Star Wars character, Qui-Gon Jinn.

Slayer ♂

Level 60
Modest Nature
Scrappy
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
31|x|31|31|31|31
-Focus Blast
-Boomburst
-Overheat
-Sleep Talk​

I caught Exploud as a Wismur in Rusturf Tunnel. I immediately used a quick ball and found myself with a powerhouse. His story is very similar to Ash with his Charizard (I copied quite a lot), as he evolved very quickly, then disobeyed me. It took a lot for him to obey me, and only did for my gym battle against Norman's Slaking in order to win. His Overheat attack OHKO's many trainers' Pokemon. I left him at the daycare to look out for the Pokemon after it was attacked. He was delivered to me at the Pokemon league where he found the challenges there satisfactory enough to listen to me. He did not make it to the final battle with Stephen. His nickname comes from one of my favorite heavy metal bands known for their extremeness, which I thought fit Exploud pretty well.

If you read all of my sentiments, good for you! If not, oh well, that's why they're hidden. Hope you find something you like, and enjoy these Pokemon! I hope that giving away my favorites is a fun way to give back to you guys.

Last edited:
Deposited: Zorua male level 1
Wanted: Exploud
Well i've played pokemon since 2010 and it's been the greatest experience ever :D my first pokemon was an Oshawott and later i caught a Staravia that grew til level 100 :3
Thanks in advance!

Deposited: Zorua male level 1
Wanted: Exploud
Well i've played pokemon since 2010 and it's been the greatest experience ever :D my first pokemon was an Oshawott and later i caught a Staravia that grew til level 100 :3
Thanks in advance!
Slayer has been sent! Enjoy, and make sure you wear earplugs!

Pokemon Requesting: Sceptile
Pokemon Deposited: Feebas
Pokemon's Level and Gender: level 1 female
Your In-Game Name: Daniel
Sentiment: My favourite Pokemon was Infernape because the first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Pearl and Fire is my favourite type (usually pick the Fire starter). I can't wait for Sinnoh remakes!

You should state the level of your Pokemon so people can put a level lock.

Pokemon Requesting: Sceptile
Pokemon Deposited: Feebas
Pokemon's Level and Gender: level 1 female
Your In-Game Name: Daniel
Sentiment: My favourite Pokemon was Infernape because the first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Pearl and Fire is my favourite type (usually pick the Fire starter). I can't wait for Sinnoh remakes!

You should state the level of your Pokemon so people can put a level lock.
I completely meant to do that, but forgot! Thanks for reminding me. I sent you my Sceptile. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm also stoked for the remakes :D

IGN: Mooks
Requesting: Crawdaunt
Deposited: Scatterbug Male lvl 1
Sentiment: I've always had a love for the grass starter since way back in days with red version and Bulbasaur. Unfortunately the grass starters have had a terrible fall from being something awesome since gen 3 Sceptile. I'm getting back in to the game just because Rowlet looks awesome

Deposited: Scatterbug Male lvl 1
Sentiment: I've always had a love for the grass starter since way back in days with red version and Bulbasaur. Unfortunately the grass starters have had a terrible fall from being something awesome since gen 3 Sceptile. I'm getting back in to the game just because Rowlet looks awesome
I also love grass starters as well. I use the grass starter in every gen except 2 and 6. :D However, I couldn't find your Scatterbug for some reason. Try putting something else up, or make sure someone didn't get to you before I did.

I also love grass starters as well. I use the grass starter in every gen except 2 and 6. :D However, I couldn't find your Scatterbug for some reason. Try putting something else up, or make sure someone didn't get to you before I did.
Looks like I got snipped

Deposited: Crawdaunt Male lvl 31

Pokemon Requesting: sceptile
Pokemon Deposited: zigzagooon
Pokemon's Level and Gender: lvl 6 female
Your In-Game Name: doobzi
Sentiment: it was love at first sight. Charizard has always been my favourite. As a kid he looked so damn cool to me and when I was given a charmander, I had no idea it would evolve into such a beast. He always had me covered. Such was the birth of my lifelong love for Pokemon.

Pokemon Requesting: sceptile
Pokemon Deposited: zigzagooon
Pokemon's Level and Gender: lvl 6 female
Your In-Game Name: doobzi
Sentiment: it was love at first sight. Charizard has always been my favourite. As a kid he looked so damn cool to me and when I was given a charmander, I had no idea it would evolve into such a beast. He always had me covered. Such was the birth of my lifelong love for Pokemon.
Love your sentiment. :D Unfortunately, I cannot find your Zigzagoon... Try putting something else up.

Hello again, Bossk! This giveaway is really creative, and it was a pleasure reading through the sentiments!

Pokemon Requesting: Slayer (Exploud)
Pokemon Deposited: Rhyhorn
Pokemon's Level and Gender: Level 17 Male
In-Game Name: Owen
Sentiment: My first ever experience with the Pokemon games was SoulSilver. I remember I couldn't figure out how to turn off the valve in Chuck's gym. I just ended up walking around Johto kind of aimlessly for a few days until I found out from a cousin who played Pokemon as well. At this point my Typhlosion was ridiculously overleveled (about 50 or so iirc) due to spending those few days attempting to find out if he had a fourth evolution whilst simultaneously trying to figure out how to turn off that damn waterfall. As a result of this my first ever Pokemon game run was kinda screwed up. I ended the game with a level 82 Typhlosion, a level 40 Nidoking, a level 49 Electrode, a level 29 Raticate, a level 16 Farfetch'd (lol) and a level 38 Quagsire.

Yeah, I was a real idiot back then.

Hello again, Bossk! This giveaway is really creative, and it was a pleasure reading through the sentiments!

Pokemon Requesting: Slayer (Exploud)
Pokemon Deposited: Rhyhorn
Pokemon's Level and Gender: Level 17 Male
In-Game Name: Owen
Sentiment: My first ever experience with the Pokemon games was SoulSilver. I remember I couldn't figure out how to turn off the valve in Chuck's gym. I just ended up walking around Johto kind of aimlessly for a few days until I found out from a cousin who played Pokemon as well. At this point my Typhlosion was ridiculously overleveled (about 50 or so iirc) due to spending those few days attempting to find out if he had a fourth evolution whilst simultaneously trying to figure out how to turn off that damn waterfall. As a result of this my first ever Pokemon game run was kinda screwed up. I ended the game with a level 82 Typhlosion, a level 40 Nidoking, a level 49 Electrode, a level 29 Raticate, a level 16 Farfetch'd (lol) and a level 38 Quagsire.

Yeah, I was a real idiot back then.
Hey again, Banana of, I mean Apple of Legend! Thanks for the kind words. :D I remember in the original Gold/Silver having trouble around that gym leader, he was a pain... It was a pleasure to read your memory. I sent you Slayer, make sure you have a set of ear plugs!

Hi nice contest
Pokemon Requesting: Crawdaunt
Pokemon Deposited: Magnemite
Pokemon's Level and Gender: Level 1
In-Game Name: Nexkira
Sentiment: I ve played a lot of pokemon's game but my mudkip still my heart, it was funny play and win all match i grow up with him and i still play from zapphire with my Swampert, it's my favorire pokemon.

Hi nice contest
Pokemon Deposited: Magnemite
Pokemon's Level and Gender: Level 1
In-Game Name: Nexkira
Sentiment: I ve played a lot of pokemon's game but my mudkip still my heart, it was funny play and win all match i grow up with him and i still play from zapphire with my Swampert, it's my favorire pokemon.
Hey Nex, I know what its like to grow up with a Pokemon. :D I sent you Scarlette. Enjoy, he's quite the ruffian.

I'd like to make another request if possible?

Pokemon Requesting: pidgeot
Pokemon Deposited: koffing
Pokemon's Level and Gender: Lvl 15 female
In-Game Name: Doobzi
Given that I've already written one, I'm not sure if I should write another but then again, why not?
Sentiment: I grew up thinking that Pokemon were a subject of violence, a constant battle and quest for domination filled with an incessant need for blood. This changed the day I met pidgy. A simple bird with no agenda, just powerful love for its trainer which taught me that while battling is an intrinsic part of a Pokemon's soul, the love it shares for a trainer is equally important if one is to excel. Through time pidgy became pidgeot and I couldn't help but wonder at its awesome fury which culminates it's soul at the same time as the love it expressed to me. This was the beginning of my quest for peace by means of war.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

I'd like to make another request if possible?

Pokemon Requesting: pidgeot
Pokemon Deposited: koffing
Pokemon's Level and Gender: Lvl 15 female
In-Game Name: Doobzi
Given that I've already written one, I'm not sure if I should write another but then again, why not?
Sentiment: I grew up thinking that Pokemon were a subject of violence, a constant battle and quest for domination filled with an incessant need for blood. This changed the day I met pidgy. A simple bird with no agenda, just powerful love for its trainer which taught me that while battling is an intrinsic part of a Pokemon's soul, the love it shares for a trainer is equally important if one is to excel. Through time pidgy became pidgeot and I couldn't help but wonder at its awesome fury which culminates it's soul at the same time as the love it expressed to me. This was the beginning of my quest for peace by means of war.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Love it! This giveaway isn't super popular so feel free to make continuous requests if you wish. And if you have more you wish to share you can, but you don't have to write something for multiple requests. Enjoy Skylar, she's my favorite. :D

Pokemon Deposited: Goomy
Pokemon's Level and Gender: level 1 f
Your In-Game Name: Boston
Sentiment: Back in 2006, I bought myself a copy of Pokémon Sapphire that was used off of eBay. I played it for years and I still have the cartridge. I started off on my good ol' gameboy micro playing through days and nights with my personal favorite starter, Torchic. I raised him up to level 100 and took on every challenge in the game with him. I deleted the save with my Blaziken, but he's still with me at heart, I've gotten a new Torchic and leveled him up in memory of my old Blaziken.

Pokemon Deposited: Goomy
Pokemon's Level and Gender: level 1 f
Your In-Game Name: Boston
Sentiment: Back in 2006, I bought myself a copy of Pokémon Sapphire that was used off of eBay. I played it for years and I still have the cartridge. I started off on my good ol' gameboy micro playing through days and nights with my personal favorite starter, Torchic. I raised him up to level 100 and took on every challenge in the game with him. I deleted the save with my Blaziken, but he's still with me at heart, I've gotten a new Torchic and leveled him up in memory of my old Blaziken.
Hey, Boston! Feels weird saying that because I'm from Boston haha. Thanks for the memory! I sent you Scarlett. Be careful, he's a ruffian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)