Lickilicky

I know this is a sketchy idea, perhaps. But, perhaps lickilicky can take advantage of its bulk, and invest some EV's into sp.def and defense, but also have curse? Then be a physical attacker with great defenses. With the elemental punches from Gen 4, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Power Whip in its physical movepool, seems like an amazing tank.

Lickylicky probably won't be facing the weather starters unless you can make them come in, and that means changing the weather yourself with Lickylicky.

Lickylicky@ Expert Belt/ Leftovers
Cloud Nine
Careful
100 HP/ 252 Att/ 156 SpD
Sandstorm/ Sunny Day/ Rain Dance
Power Whip
Earthquake
Toxic/ Brick Break/ Explosion/ filler

Lickylicky is pretty bulky and is very capable of taking a hit, so coming on after a KO or switching in on a set up turn or attack should be pretty simply, especially a special hit considering the EVs. Sandstorm is the primary option because I feel that Sun and Rain are harder to counter than Sand, and EQ and Power Whip hit most common Sand team Pokemon pretty hard anyway. Setting up Sandstorm in either the Rain or Sun will draw out Politoed or Ninetails, and since you know which one will be coming out you choose either Power Whip or Earthquake to hit for SE damage and likely get a OHKO with SR support. The EVs are designed to take hits from Toed and Tails because both of them are specially based, and without boosts from the weather, they won't be OHKOing Licky.

I'm not really sure what to do with the last slot though. If you have more trouble with sand, the set could easily be made to be specially offensive and carry Surf and Focus Blast (or mixed with Brick Break I guess) and physically defensive to be able to take hits from the usual sand threats. Obviously you would want to use Sunny Day or Rain Dance instead of Sandstorm as well.

Thoughts?
i dont think killing the actual pokemon with the ability is the point of lickilicky but then again maybe im just thinking doubles because i enjoy them much more but i think lickilicky serves better as a wall more so than that negates weather effects giving u an upper hand by making them set up again or just screwing them over cause they didnt put rain dance etc on another poke. that being said i do like the idea alot and it works well but i dont think it needs that much att as ur going up against ninetails and politoad for the most part. and having no def evs will make it an easy target for ttar and hippowdon

p.s. does cloud 9 dispel the weather effects you would set up with lickilicky or is it just a switch out thing?

i dont think killing the actual pokemon with the ability is the point of lickilicky but then again maybe im just thinking doubles because i enjoy them much more but i think lickilicky serves better as a wall more so than that negates weather effects giving u an upper hand by making them set up again or just screwing them over cause they didnt put rain dance etc on another poke. that being said i do like the idea alot and it works well but i dont think it needs that much att as ur going up against ninetails and politoad for the most part. and having no def evs will make it an easy target for ttar and hippowdon

p.s. does cloud 9 dispel the weather effects you would set up with lickilicky or is it just a switch out thing?
I used Attack because:
1) It hits Ninetails and Politoed in their weaker (and typically uninvested) defensive stat
2) It allows Licky to use Power Whip effectively, which still hits SE on both T-Tar and Hippo in addition to Politoed, and EQ hits Ninetails and T-Tar for SE

I invested in Special Defense because:
1) I have more problems with Sun and Rain than I do Sand, so T-Tar and Hippo are typically non-issue for me anyway, so because Politoed and Ninetails are specially oriented, I invested in SpD. I mentioned you could switch over to Def if you had more problems with Sand in my post :P
2) Both Rain and Sun typically have specially offensive teams as a whole (Thunder/ Hurricane/ Hydro Pump spam in Rain, Fire Blast/ Overheat/ Solarbeam spam in Sun), so investing in SpD allows me to take those hits better as well.

Cloud Nine negates the effects of weather while he is on the field, if he switches out whatever weather that was there is going to gain all of it's effects again. That's why I use a weather move, because they eventually run out. As long as Licky can take out Toed or Tails, it should be free to change the weather and basically negate it through non-permanent weather.

oh gotcha only thing id really consider is using curse cause this is a good move set i just think curse would be the best filler option adding more bulk and attack boosts and then you can free up some of the att evs for sp def maybe some thing like hp 104/att 152/spdef 252

Lickylicky probably won't be facing the weather starters unless you can make them come in, and that means changing the weather yourself with Lickylicky.

Lickylicky@ Expert Belt/ Leftovers
Cloud Nine
Careful
100 HP/ 252 Att/ 156 SpD
Sandstorm/ Sunny Day/ Rain Dance
Power Whip
Earthquake
Toxic/ Brick Break/ Explosion/ filler

Lickylicky is pretty bulky and is very capable of taking a hit, so coming on after a KO or switching in on a set up turn or attack should be pretty simply, especially a special hit considering the EVs. Sandstorm is the primary option because I feel that Sun and Rain are harder to counter than Sand, and EQ and Power Whip hit most common Sand team Pokemon pretty hard anyway. Setting up Sandstorm in either the Rain or Sun will draw out Politoed or Ninetails, and since you know which one will be coming out you choose either Power Whip or Earthquake to hit for SE damage and likely get a OHKO with SR support. The EVs are designed to take hits from Toed and Tails because both of them are specially based, and without boosts from the weather, they won't be OHKOing Licky.

I'm not really sure what to do with the last slot though. If you have more trouble with sand, the set could easily be made to be specially offensive and carry Surf and Focus Blast (or mixed with Brick Break I guess) and physically defensive to be able to take hits from the usual sand threats. Obviously you would want to use Sunny Day or Rain Dance instead of Sandstorm as well.

Thoughts?
Well, if you did want to you should probably put the weather rocks on there. I still don't get why explosion's so good, I mean it still gets stab but since it's not going to OHKO nearly as awesomely as it did in 4 why would anyone use it over another SE move that could catch something else and do the same thing.

I also don't get why this thing has to set up weather, I mean, I understand luring them out but they're just gonna try to kill Licky because they know you're going to hammer them for SE. And Licky really can't use any of the weather effects either. I'd rather use a fast weather inducer (electrode!)

I figure Licky's job is just to counter the sweepers and the inducers, or one or the other if you want it to. It can tank and somehow with a scarf it *does* outspeed Exca and all the other sweepers.

But I do like the idea of Licky resetting the weather. (I love it) I mean, that might be reason enough to just use a random one on it. "Hey sandstorm teams. I know you like sand and all... but bam! It's raining now. Sorry Exca!" Even if it doesn't lure in the weather starters it would do a great job of messing with the teams without being on a weather team yourself xD.
tl;dr It's doing too many things at once. Good idea, but I dunno if it'd work in practice.

I know this is a sketchy idea, perhaps. But, perhaps lickilicky can take advantage of its bulk, and invest some EV's into sp.def and defense, but also have curse? Then be a physical attacker with great defenses. With the elemental punches from Gen 4, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Power Whip in its physical movepool, seems like an amazing tank.
Well yeah, but it does lose Cloud 9 if you use the ele punches =\. And in a weather based game cloud nine's it's best selling point. But yeah it would make a great tank. Like an anti meta tank xD

Lickilicky can do these things:

Stop Weather
Neutralize it with Sunny Day or Rain Dance
Use one of the most powerful Explosions in the game on the weather inducer.

Someone should check if Lickitung can get Block in Dream World.

Well, if you did want to you should probably put the weather rocks on there. I still don't get why explosion's so good, I mean it still gets stab but since it's not going to OHKO nearly as awesomely as it did in 4 why would anyone use it over another SE move that could catch something else and do the same thing.

I also don't get why this thing has to set up weather, I mean, I understand luring them out but they're just gonna try to kill Licky because they know you're going to hammer them for SE. And Licky really can't use any of the weather effects either. I'd rather use a fast weather inducer (electrode!)

I figure Licky's job is just to counter the sweepers and the inducers, or one or the other if you want it to. It can tank and somehow with a scarf it *does* outspeed Exca and all the other sweepers.

But I do like the idea of Licky resetting the weather. (I love it) I mean, that might be reason enough to just use a random one on it. "Hey sandstorm teams. I know you like sand and all... but bam! It's raining now. Sorry Exca!" Even if it doesn't lure in the weather starters it would do a great job of messing with the teams without being on a weather team yourself xD.
tl;dr It's doing too many things at once. Good idea, but I dunno if it'd work in practice.
I want the weather gone, that's exactly why I'm not using a rock. :P

After trying the set out, it worked pretty well for the most part. I never had a problem getting rid of Toed or Tails and setting up Sand, so it actually does what it's supposed to, but after that it's going to be walled by any flying type (I used Brick Break when I tested it though).

I want the weather gone, that's exactly why I'm not using a rock. :P

After trying the set out, it worked pretty well for the most part. I never had a problem getting rid of Toed or Tails and setting up Sand, so it actually does what it's supposed to, but after that it's going to be walled by any flying type (I used Brick Break when I tested it though).
Oh xD well in that case... Do people actually switch the weather inducer back into you? =3 I dunno how you'd be able to KO 'em with licky, but just being able to neutralize weather like that's impressive. I like it. Now we just need a poke that can stomp ninetales and toed into a fine paste, then weather teams will all suck >:]

Lickilicky can do these things:

Stop Weather
Neutralize it with Hail
Use one of the most powerful Explosions in the game on the weather inducer.

Someone should check if Lickitung can get Block in Dream World.
Could you explain what you meant by 'Neutralize it with Hail'? Lickilicky can't learn Hail can it? Or do you mean you can stop Lickilicky with hail? A little confused. Thanks.

Could you explain what you meant by 'Neutralize it with Hail'? Lickilicky can't learn Hail can it? Or do you mean you can stop Lickilicky with hail? A little confused. Thanks.
It can't learn hail. But I thought the person meant set up a hail to stop the real popular forms of weather(Sandstorm, Rain) lol

Pretty sure it's physical/mixed attacker with Power Whip and, Earthquake then either your own weather or normal STAB.
I'm surprised no one mentioned a TR set?

Trick Room
Lickilicky @ Leftovers/Expert Belt w/e
Ability: Cloud Nine
Nature: Brave
EV's: 252 Atk. / 252 HP / 4 Def.
Curse
Return/Explosion
Power Whip/Gyro Ball
Earthquake/Hammer Arm

I suppose Curse would be better over Hammer harm as it boosts your attack and defense too, but I think they're illegal together(?). You could use Explosion over Return but Lickilicky can come in many times so Return is better. Gyro Ball works well with it's low speed, and good coverage with Earthquake.

Edit: Yay! Turn's out they're not illegal. :P Slashing in Hammer Time Arm by Earthquake.

I've been running this for awhile and i sweeped entire teams and got me out of many close calls.

ResTalk
Lickilicky@leftovers
Nature:Adamant/Brave
Ev:252hp,252att, 4 def
Rest
SleepTalk
Curse
Dragontail

I've been running this for awhile and i sweeped entire teams and got me out of many close calls.

ResTalk
Lickilicky@leftovers
Nature:Adamant/Brave
Ev:252hp,252att, 4 def
Rest
SleepTalk
Curse
Dragontail
Actually thought about the very same set a couple days ago. I'd came up with a spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD to maximaze bulk. The max attack though I can see helping deal a good chunk of damage as oppose to moderate damage to weather inducers.

Yeah that's a simple phazer set, and works awesome with Licky's awesome bulk.
IIRC, I read about that in a warstory. Something about a reference to countering sun....

Edit: Yeah. Turn 13

I actually decided to add that to the original post. I thought of trying out that set a few months ago but never got around to it and forgot about it completely. Thanks for bringing it up again.

I like your idea of an aniweather pokemon. But I don't think Lickilicky would be a good canidate for that. I would go for Golduck, since it also has Cloud Nine and would outclass Lickilicky.

I like your idea of an aniweather pokemon. But I don't think Lickilicky would be a good canidate for that. I would go for Golduck, since it also has Cloud Nine and would outclass Lickilicky.
How about no.
Golduck will never outclass licky.Its movepool and stats are barely enough to allow it to do anything in the first place.Its faster but its not really fast enough to be truly threatening.

Oh my GOSH! This guy is amazing. His design is awesome and I always wanted to see if it was viable. He literally beat up an entire team without hazards out. o _0

A Raikou attacked him and LickyLicky was all like "I think nothing of your thunderbolts!" taking only 30% and then another poke attacked him and he was all like "I'm too FAT for THAT" while taking only little damage from some physical attack, having had a few boosts to his defense by then. He dragontailed the krap out of everything.

I'm so trying a bulk up/rest/circle-throw/sleep talk Poliwrath now!! D:

Why not use a lickilicky like this

moves -
explosion
protect
gyro ball
earthquake

nature -
Brave

ability -
cloud nine

item -
lagging tail
then give it 252 atk ev, 252 def, 4 hp
In doing this you could combine it with a trick room cofagrigus and pretty much ko 2 for 1 in the first turn of doubles

Why not use a lickilicky like this

moves -
explosion
protect
gyro ball
earthquake

nature -
Brave

ability -
cloud nine

item -
lagging tail
then give it 252 atk ev, 252 def, 4 hp
In doing this you could combine it with a trick room cofagrigus and pretty much ko 2 for 1 in the first turn of doubles
I'm not sure whether a set like this would work or not, but, if you're going to use it, you should use iron ball over lagging tail. Iron ball lowers your speed (thus increasing the power of Gyro Ball) while Lagging Tail just makes you move last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)