ORAS PU leafeon, simipour, nintales core

leafeon, simipour, and nintales make up most of the offense, while alteria, golem and vullaby support and take punches to the face. a bit rusty building teams and almost clueless in pu. thanks for your time an input. sorry if this is in the wrong place not familiar with the forums.

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Y (the first reason i chose golem is to be my source of hazard. he also has the rock earth combo, both stab for him making him some solid offense. the sturdy helps guarantee that he gets either rocks up or a toxic off. the toxic helps when the other options are closed. the ev set gives it solid bulk both sides so can come in and take some special attacks)

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic
- Roost

Y (dragon/ flying typing has some useful resistances. this mon also has bulk on both side thanks to it's ev spread and the sustain it get from roost make it a pain to get rid of. the natural cure that allows it to eat status effects make it even better for switching in. then last but not least the toxic let's it (or my team) to try and out wait thing it can't really fight)

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Return

Y (it's has solid speed and good attack which were thing my team needed to improve. the team lacked priority and the banded quick attack seemed legit. it also serves as a knock off user. it also helps that is has bulk on the physical side allowing it switching opportunities)

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Y (one of the main reasons for this mon was it's water typing, offensively for the water/ ice attack combo and for its resistance to the same. with it's speed and s-attack makes good use of the scarf speed boost, putting it a on level of speed that was need on this team. i like the focus blast, it allow the mon to focus on special, it has high power and this tier has some mean normal types)

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Y (this mon was chosen heavily base on its good stats a speed better than most, s-defense to give it switch in opportunities, and a s-attack to allow it be an offensive force. the hp ground gives me another mon that can hit that common weakness, which is especially useful give golem's tendency to go down early.)

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

Y (with ninetalse on offense, along with this being a somewhat switch heavy team i wanted a defog who was fairly easy to use. not being a fan of 100% support i opted for the brave bird with in combination with foul play can lets this mon do surprising amount of damage. it defensive bulk gives it opportunities to do its job and the roost allow it to finish and often more.)

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately I'll have to lock this for the time being as the RMT rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello rik not a bad looking team here. I think i have a few suggestions that can help this team.

First I would change Quick Attack to Bullet Seed on Leafeon. This is important for hitting Sturdy and Focus Sash leads such as Golem, Rampardos, and Rain Lead Relicanth. on the same not on Leafeon I would change Return to Double Edge. This will allow you the 100% OHKO on Jumpluff after rocks which Leafeon really appreciates. I think Hidden Power Electric over Grass Knot on Simipour will aid in hitting Swanna which is becoming evermore popular and you have Focus blast to hit Lapras so it should be an alright switch. With Vullaby I feel you handle Grumpig rather well and you have ways to deal with Fire types So I feel changing Ninetales to SubPlot will better better handle Pawniard and it also helps breaking Special Walls for Simipour.

Quick Attack ---> Bullet Seed
Frustration ---> Double Edge

Grass Knot ---> Hidden Power [Electric]

AoA( For the record Ninetales should always run Nasty Plot as AoA is better left to Simisear) ---> SubPlot

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Hope my changes help.

(Edit: Bullet Seed is illegal with Chlorophyll so you will have to run Leaf Guard on Leafeon)

Last edited:
Hello rik not a bad looking team here. I think i have a few suggestions that can help this team.

First I would change Quick Attack to Bullet Seed on Leafeon. This is important for hitting Sturdy and Focus Sash leads such as Golem, Rampardos, and Rain Lead Relicanth. on the same not on Leafeon I would change Return to Double Edge. This will allow you the 100% OHKO on Jumpluff after rocks which Leafeon really appreciates. I think Hidden Power Electric over Grass Knot on Simipour will aid in hitting Swanna which is becoming evermore popular and you have Focus blast to hit Lapras so it should be an alright switch. With Vullaby I feel you handle Grumpig rather well and you have ways to deal with Fire types So I feel changing Ninetales to SubPlot will better better handle Pawniard and it also helps breaking Special Walls for Simipour.

Quick Attack ---> Bullet Seed
Frustration ---> Double Edge

Grass Knot ---> Hidden Power [Electric]

AoA( For the record Ninetales should always run Nasty Plot as AoA is better left to Simisear) ---> SubPlot

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Hope my changes help.

(Edit: Bullet Seed is illegal with Chlorophyll so you will have to run Leaf Guard on Leafeon)
cool I'll try most of those suggestions, only just not sold on the bullet seed. hazards give you a free attack anyways (also got baby birds to clean those up) and i feel like the priority physical attack helps make up for the lack of speed on my physical mons (its already made some battles easier to wrap-up). thank very much for your input.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey, rik Neat team. Although it looks pretty well rounded one thing that stuck out to me was it's large ice weakness

Because of this, I would suggest you replace Altaria with specially defensive Grumpig as it forms a nice defensive core with Vullaby and helps take care of your large ice weakness. Additionally, if you intend to lead Golem in order to get up rocks I would suggest using an offensive custap berry set as it normally guarantees rocks as well as a powerful priority attack against your opponent and the ability to weaken potential threats with an explosion.

Golem @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Explosion

Stay sharp.

Reactions: rik

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)