SV OU Lead Shocks + Black Glasses Kingambit HO

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
2 things before the team: 1st, I am new at building/playing SV OU, although I've been lurking some since Home came out (I main Little Cup instead of OU). 2nd, of the things on the team I want to keep, I would prefer to keep Kingambit because it feels like the best threat in the tier when it can Tera, and would prefer the team stay an offense. I tested the team around the 1500-1650 elo range, but because its HO many opposing teams just happen to lose to a threat from turn 1 or get in an unwinnable position quickly, I couldn't actually tell if the team was good.

:sandy shocks: :enamorus: :kingambit: :great tusk: :walking wake: :gholdengo: (paste)
:SV/sandy shocks:
Sandy Shocks @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Tera Blast

Before I got into the teambuilder, my goal was to run an offense with a Hazard lead + Offensive Fairy + Kingambit + an offensive Great Tusk, since I heard those teams were good right now. I chose to use Sandy Shocks because it had Stealth Rocks, allowing me to not be forced to compress them into Tusk, and because its immediately fast and is very effective at getting damage on Great Tusk, clearing the way for a late game Kingambit. Because of its decent speed tier and potential Booster Energy, its effective even when I'm unable to lead it since it can force switches mid game. Terablast Ice is very useful, even though I try to save it for Kingambit, because it prevents me from getting walled by grasses and Lando-T, and threatens a kill on most Great Tusk sets.

:SV/enamorus:
Enamorus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire

I chose Enamorus on this team instead of Iron Valiant because I needed a ground immune, and opted to use a Calm Mind set because I didn't want to lose momentum to a choice lock. Since I had no removal, I didn't think I could justify a non HDB item here. Mystical Fire is used for my last move slot so I don't get walled by Amoongus and Air Balloon Gholdengo. I chose Tera ground so I could muscle through Slowpoke-G, Zapdos, and resist other Poison/Electric moves. It also threatens more damage on steels, though I lose my Sucker Punch resistance.

:SV/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Kingambit is really good, so I decided to use it. Black Glasses + supreme overlord boosts + an SD makes extremely powerful attacks, including a sucker punch that is favorable to kill Enamorus from full at +2 with 3 allies knocked out. Earlier in testing, this team used sub + wisp Dragapult over Gholdengo, so I couldn't justify dropping iron head since I needed to hit Iron Valiant. I still think that's true even with Air Balloon Gholdengo, but I'm unsure if Iron Head or Low Kick is more important. Tera flying is to 1v1 Ground and/or Fighting types like Great Tusk.

:SV/great tusk:
Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

Since Stealth Rocks are on Sandy Shocks and this is an offensive team, I am free to run an offensive tusk. I chose the booster set for more speed control, with Ice Spinner to hit Enamorus, Dragapult, and more. I ran the Tera Ice that's in the analysis since it can allow it to more easily threaten Zapdos, but I could also see myself running Tera Steel to resist fairy from Iron Valiant, while still helping vs hurricane Zapdos. Bulk Up allows it to be a wincon vs opposing offense, and dual stab hits very hard immediately in spite of no investment.

:SV/walking wake:
Walking Wake @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Water
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Booster energy + Agility + Tera Water Hydro Pump can either sweep, or help overwhelm special walls with powerful hits. Its speed tier is pretty good, outspeeding Great Tusk and Baxcalibur, while only priority can dependably revenge kill it after an Agility. Dragon Pulse is the reliable STAB, while Flamethrower dents steel and grass types very hard. Mostly its a breaker/cleaner, but its tanky enough to live a neutral hit from most things in an emergency. Water Tera is both offensive and defensive, since you shed a lot of weaknesses and gain an ice shard resistance vs Baxcalibur.

:SV/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Originally, I wanted to run Dragapult for its natural speed tier, spinblocking, and ability to wisp things such as Kingambit, Great Tusk, and Zamazenta, but the team ended up being too weak to Iron Valiant. Couple that with the fact that Kingambit is often forced to take damage from things such as Baxcalibur preventing it from sweeping, I swapped to Balloon Gholdengo. I'm not sure the correct 4 moves here, but the immediate damage from Make It Rain is needed, and I don't want to be walled by other Gholdengo. I want to fit focus blast to hit Kingambit, but I'm not sure how or if its worth it. Nasty Plot + Recover allows it to pressure fat teams more effectively.

The team preformed pretty decently in tests; some notable weaknesses include sash Samurott-H since at best I 1f1, Moltres who beats/walls 4 of my team, and some fat balance/stall teams that can handle the special attackers and beat Kingambit.

Nice team! Here's a quick rate because I have to go to bed soon.

When looking at your team, I see alot of booster energy. The problem with that is they only have one change to Sweep before getting forced out/Phased. This can be very annoying for your team. I suggest :walking-wake: to equip :choice-specs:. Its a great wallbreaker with its Draco Metors Hitting way harder and can really punish slower teams (balance) with its massive power. It forces Moltres out all the time as it doesn't want to eat a Draco and you can predict the switch with a switch of your own putting yourself in a favorable spot. You could run Surf/Hydro Pump Over what I'm suggesting, but I think that Hydro Steam is better in general for Sun and Rain.

not dragapult (Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower

I also think that Bulky :Gholdengo: is better on your team for more support. It offers a check to :Garganacl: if its Covert-Cloak is intact and also the added bulk is always better. It also betters your matchup against balance as its not as vulnerable to getting chipped down as before.

shiny (Gholdengo) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Run Substitute on :enamorus: over M-Fire. This is because if you get boosts up already, then it will be harder to break the sub for weaker mons like :Amoonguss: and Is good for predicting a switch. I would say change the item for leftovers and also swap tera to steel. Steel walls Amoonguss and also resists Make It Rains for Gholdengo. Leftovers is Generally better as it means that Enamorus can get in multiple times in the game.

Enamorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind

Hope this Helps! Go Crush Em! :boi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)