SM RU Kiss From A Rose

What is your favorite playstyle?

• Total voters

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kiss From A Rose

I have decided to post this team now as I'm out of the ladder tour, and if I wait any longer the drops might invalidate this team. This team I have used to earn reqs for Zygarde-10% and Zoroark, while using it to get into top 8 week 1, I also won a game in rlt with this team. I think this is one of the best teams I have ever built (even though its quite standard). This is more of a team showcase but I'm open to improvements. S/O eifo to helping me build.

I wanted to build around Roserade as it beats Taunt Toxic Gligar and Spider Web + Toxic Araquanid. Roserade also provides my team with Toxic Spikes, which can help pressure opposing stall teams.

Cresselia was then my next addition as it beats many dangerous stall breakers, like Pangoro and sometimes Meloetta. Cresselia also can be a switch-in to trick 'mons as with a Z-move it can't be tricked.

Quagsire was added after this to beat set-up sweepers like sd Doublade, Curselax, DD Flygon, Durant, and many others. It also can fish for burns through Scald to be able to pressure Registeel and physical attackers.

Umbreon was the next addition as it gives me Wish support as well as providing me with a Cleric. Umbreon can also be a bit of a blanket check to special attackers. Moonlight could be run over Protect if you want to be able to get more than 50% back in 1 turn but the extra 6% recovery is usually better than Moonlight.

Registeel then provides me with Stealth Rock which is essential for every team. It also counters non sub Cresselia as Registeel can toxic it. Protect can also be used to scout choiced attackers to be able to switch in to other 'mons.

Gligar is then added to give hazard control and also provide me with another Fighting resist. It also gives me a check to Pangoro and Bewear. Knock Off can also pressure opposing stall teams as it takes away the opposing mons passive recovery.

- In-Depth -​

Kiss From A Rose (Roserade) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis / Rest
- Leech Seed / Sludge Bomb

Roserade is the most expendable mon on this team with Drapion being what could replace it. Roserade beats Araquanid and Gligar instead of beating Hoopa and Decidueye. Toxic Spikes pressures the opposing team by toxicing any grounded mon that isn't a steel/poison type. Giga Drain provides Roserade wth STAB and also a quick way of recovering a bit of health while doing damage. Synthesis gives Roserade a quick way of recovering half its health while Rest would give back all of its health but it is forced to switch. Leech Seed provides extra ways of pressuring opposing teams with passive damage, although Sludge Bomb gives Roserade another STAB move and also has a 30% chance to poison opposing 'mons.

Yue V2 (Cresselia) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Calm Nature

- Calm Mind
-
Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Cresselia is the teams main wincon as CM Cress is one of the best bulky sweepers in the tier. Moonlight is sadly the best form of recovery Cresselia has and this is one of its main weaknesses as it only has 8pp. Z-Moonblast kills Pangoro every time, who I always outspeed thanks to the speed evs. Psyshock can beat other CM'ers as it hits on the physical side instead of the special side. The spdef evs allow CRess to always survive the 2hko from Specs Kommo-o's Clanging Scales after rocks.

Me In Class (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Curse / Toxic

Quagsire is very important to stall teams as it counters almost all physical set-up sweepers thanks to its ability Unaware, which ignores other pokemons stat changes. Curse allows it to beat Snorlax as otherwise Snorlax would just pp stall Quagsire. Sadly Quagsire is set-up bait from Decidueye which is bad for this team as Decidueye is very weak to it.

Yue (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-
Wish
-
Protect
-
Heal Bell
-
Foul Play

Umbreon is almost always a staple on stall (wp HypnoEmpire lol) as it provides both wish support and cleric. Umbreon also switches in to many special attackers and can do quite a bit damage with Foul Play. Umbreon is easily pressured by physical attackers as that stat is pretty weak due to it not being invested. CB Bewear can also come in for nearly nothing and then hit something hard.

1999 (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature

- Stealth Rock
-
Protect
- Toxic
-
Seismic Toss

Registeel provides stall teams with Stealth Rocks while also being a very good switch in to special attackers without super effective coverage. Bronzong could also be run instead of Registeel but because Registeel is a better check to Specs Yanmega I chose to run Registeel instead. Bronzong would give you a better M-Abombasnow though, which might be good as M-Abombasnow is pretty frequently run.

Robin (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off

Gligar gives this team hazard control, which is very important for all stall teams as otherwise they get easily overloaded by different threats. Knock Off is to deal with Registeel by knocking off its only form of recovery, leftovers, which otherwise could be a big problem for this team. Acrobatics is to deal better with Decidueye and Virizion, which could be a big problem otherwise. The speed evs make it so Gligar outspeeds timid Hoopa and jolly Decidueye.

- Threats -

Decidueye is a huge threat to this team as if you run Curse on Quagsire and Leech Seed on Roserade then Decidueye comes in for free on 3/6 'mons, Roserade, Registeel and Quagsire. This is why Gligar has both Knock Off and Acrobatics as well as running enough speed to outspeed Decidueye. Drapion could be run instead of Roserade to beat Decidueye but if you don't it will almost always be a threat, atleast a well played one.

Sub NP Hoopa is also a massive threat as if it comes in on Registeel and subs up it can Ohko most of my 'mons. This is why I run speed on Gligar as otherwise Hoopa would 1v6. OTR Hoopa could potentailly pose a bit of a problem but if I predict correctly it should be able to be dealt with.

- Replays -
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-650752864
In this replay I beat a Hoopa (when I didn't run speed on Gligar) because Roserade could pressure the opposing team with Toxic Spikes.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-646445752
This replay is basically just Cresselia pulling off a late game sweep, but it did allow me to hit top of ladder at 1625, which is nice.

Kiss From A Rose (Roserade) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Yue V2 (Cresselia) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Me In Class (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Curse

Yue (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

1999 (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Robin (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off

Get It Together (Drapion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)