Kawaii to the End(UU to NU)

Note: In case you didn't notice, this team has a Cuteness Theme going on...

Brief Team Analysis: This team is clearly meant for the UU-NU environment with Altaria clearly standing as UU.
The basic formula is very simple with two Choice Attackers, two fast annoyers, and two walls.
Toxic and Thunder Wave are meant for Walls and Sweepers respectively, and this team has great synergy with Wigglytuff's Wish and Pachirisu's Super Fang acting as healing for the team and much needed speedy offense. I'm a bit worried about Stealth Rock support and whether or not Cherrim's Sunny Day will hinder the team(especially Phione). Constructing criticism is always and welcome, and don't hesitate to comment because I SO would appreciate them.

Pachirisu@ Shuca Berry
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Speed/4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Super Fang
-Thunder Wave
-Sweet Kiss
-Charm
“If I can successfully Super Fang two opponents,
then I have achieved Nirvana,” is Pachirisu’s optimistic philosophy on life,
Seriously though, 60/70/90 defenses aren’t nearly as bad as Luvdisc’s and Parafusion only forces more switches, which means this little beastie will be able to shred through more enemies, and cause general pandemonium among the electric squirrel underestimaters. Charm helps "boost" Pachirisu's average defense(Although from the physical spectrum, it can take about the same as Umbreon with fewer weaknesses).

Altaria @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake
- Roost
Altaria has great defensive stats that easily work in tandem with its efficient typing, allowing it to sponge up hits and roost off damage when it switches in to ring the team clear of statuses.
Dragon Claw has only one resist and no immunities, which means that combined with Earthquake, this cloud phoenix can multitask by healing, defending, and type-trumping Steel types.

Wigglytuff@ Leftovers
Evs: 32 HP/ 224 Def/252 SpDef
Impish Nature
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Counter
This set is so gimmicky that it works very well with the correct prediction as 200 Defenses and 429 HP are surprisingly durable on this cutie. Once it gets someone badly poisoned the count down starts and either consequently ends in Wigglytuff’s victory after Wish and Protect have allowed it to outlast its victim or results in a switch, which gives me a chance to make a forecast on what it might be , then pass a Wish to something that can in turn get rid of that.
Counter only makes this set more fun for me as opponents trip over the tough winning pattern and realize the true meaning of double or nothing as I return the favor for twice the pain.

Phione@ Choice Specs
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.atk/4 speed
Modest Nature
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-U-turn
I SO love the idea of using all three of my main offensive options on one set as 426 Special Attack is certainly nothing to scoff at in terms of firepower. And in case the sea angel’s oppositional match-up isn’t exactly favorable, or maybe I just want to sneek a peek at what one has up their sleeve, Phione can always replace itself with something better suited for the situation. It sure can dent anybody who makes the mistake of getting into the mindset of only expecting Rain-Rest.

Cherrim@ Leftovers
Evs: 252 Def/ 252 Speed/4 SDef
Timid Nature
-Sunny Day
-Hidden Power Fire
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
Hidden Power Fire is for those silly little grass types that think they can take advantage of Chlorophyll or first-turn Solar Beam—it also works wonders against pesky steel types, who think Cherrim’s only offenses are said Solarbeams. Subseeding ia a lot of fun, especially since Flower Gift raises Special Defense by 50%. For some reason, having lower HP is recommended on leech seeders, so that a greater percentage of health is poured into those decoys.

Mawile@ Shuca Berry/ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP/80 Atk/ 176 Def
Adamant Nature
-Ice Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Focus Punch
In the 4th generation, Mawile can finally enjoy the gifts of superior type coverage through its large cranial chompers along with its already acceptable typing as a pure steel warrior. Serving as one of my powerhouses, it can take a hit or two with Intimidate in action. Hammering from the physical spectrum proves most potent, as does a Focus Punch in the face of sillies that either try to setup or think Mawile is attempting to do. Its offenses grant it Physical Boltbeam, while Sucker Punch hits psychics, and Focus Punch hits normal types, steel types, and other eager-to-die switch-ins. This spread is great for both surviving and attacking.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pachirisu sucks major balls. Bibarel is better in every way. I know he's less cute, but it's better than using a shitty Pokémon.

Otherwise, a decent team, I think. No major problems that I can see.

Cherrims ability almost seems a waste. Wouldn't some chlorophyll user be better?

Wigglytuff will become dead weight with a taunter on the other team. You Altaria might have some issues with steelix, since dragon claw can't do crap to it. You'll just be roared away.

The squirrel is crap. Seriously, Attract might be a nice thought but what if your guy is the same gender as the target? Looks more like a wasted moveslot that a good choice. Perhaps you should think about putting something else on or even using Bibarel.

You need something on your team that can benefit from Sunny Day if you're going to use Cherrim. Phione is hurt by it. I'd suggest replacing crapachirisu with a fire type of some sort. Ninetales is cute I guess.

Wigglytuff is cute in the same way that retarded kids are cute. That didn't contribute anything. Just wanted to say it.

You really need EQ on Altaria. Even with a few DDs, those steel/rocks are going to own you.

Randomperson switched in Garchomp.
Pachirisu used Super Fang!
Garchomp lost 50% HP.

Pachirisu used Super Fang!
Garchomp lost 25% HP.
Garchomp used Earthquake!
Pachirisu lost a shitload of HP.

Randomperson died of embarassment! Cipher Admin Lovrina won!

Whatever you do, don't change Cherrim. Subseeding with the Special Defence boost is interesing and effective (I think). Phione should be switched for Ninetales with Solarbeam to take advantage of Cherrim's Sunny Day

Pachirisu actually has higher combined defenses than Bibarel--perhaps I should give it a Shuca Berry to survive an earthquake. Attract is merely to cause more switches and if Garchomp gets confused, it'll hurt itself pretty badly, and that's if I do feel like playing against OU.

I would put Electric STAB on Pachirisu over Attract, you don't need 3 status effects IMO.

Doesn't Mawile get the Elemental Punches which have more base power? Maybe I'm thinking of something else...

Cute team lol.

Yes, Mawile does get the the elemental punches from Emerald. You should definitely be using them seeing as Mawile needs all the extra power it can get.

Mawile doesn't get Fire Punch and the Elemental Fangs are DP egg moves, However, fire and fighting make redundant coverage so myabe I should give Mawile Fighting and Dark along with Ice and Electric for useful coverage.

I definitely love the idea of having pachirisu as a lead :D
Don't mind all these squirrel haters. But yeah, the triple status is a bit much, it's too situationy.
Your moveset on altaria is strange and I'm pretty sure ineffective XD
Might as well replace DD for EQ because of any steel walls that want to ruin your fun. You lose the speed and power boosts and the ability to 0hko with dragon claw after setting up, but at least you can do good damage to everything that wants to switch in on it.
anyway, I really like the team.

Alrighty, the major updates on the team as of now are Shuca Berry and Reflect on Pachirisu to give it maybe an extra five seconds of living time, Earthquake on Altaria to splash some blood on stainless Steels, while Mawile gets some new 4th Gen coverage, particulairly in the area Darkrai enjoys. Any last minute changes before I start breeding for this team ingame?

woot. go Lovrina. i think this is actually a good team, i like reflect, since pachi is more than likely dead sooner than later (no offense). Your altaria is kick ass. I disagree with Cherrim and Phione being bad together..it's not like you sned Phione ou while it;s sunny. right?

Wigglytuff ftw. love it.

Also, i;d greatly apprecoate it if you traded me a copy of the Mawile when you get it. :) happy breeding and gl with the team.

I believe it's Kauai :)
Kaui is an island in Hawaii that I have been to, Kawaii is something I WAS like a nanosecond before reading that post.

It means cute in Japanese and the theme is Cute till death. SO DON'T FUCKING CORRECT ME. Because when I'm done with you, no matter how Kawaii you were before, there'll be no saving the face...

*Heavy Breathing from rage at post that was SO useless*

Oh and thank you for your peachy comments kamikazeking05, they are much appreciated. And y'know what, I just might FUCKING give you the Mawile when I'm done breeding it because I'm so a nice person.

Actually, Flatter and Light Screen might not be a bad idea.
Light Screen over Reflect, Flatter over Sweet Kiss.
Since Flatter has 100% Accuracy and I assume that most Pokémon coming into Pachirisu will be Physically based.

Personally speaking I'd use Perish Song over Toxic on Wigglytuff if only because it negates the threat of anyone subbing on Wiggly and setting up. Not to mention you could actually use it to sneak in some safe Wish switches on the last turn given how fragile some of your team members are.

I really don't like CB on Mawile given how Sucker Punch + Focus Punch makes for a great mindgame combo. While CB simply locks you into FP...also Mawile is ugly, Drifblim is cuter.

Personally speaking I'd use Perish Song over Toxic on Wigglytuff if only because it negates the threat of anyone subbing on Wiggly and setting up. Not to mention you could actually use it to sneak in some safe Wish switches on the last turn given how fragile some of your team members are.

I really don't like CB on Mawile given how Sucker Punch + Focus Punch makes for a great mindgame combo. While CB simply locks you into FP...also Mawile is ugly, Drifblim is cuter.
Mawile is not ugly. Drifblim looks like a Michael Jackson Blimp

Should I replace Choice Band with Life Orb then?

I'd actually say Expert Belt, you're running quite a high coverage spectrum of attacks so you should be able to hit most stuff for Super Effective. Not to mention Mawile has enough issues with its fragility, last thing it needs is LO recoil.

I have to agree that Mawile is pretty ugly. What is cute about a pokemon with a steel mouth on its head? That head could eat the rest of it!

Anyways, props for using Wigglytuff, and I think the set is fine, as well as the rest of your sets.

However, Pachirisu is not very good, and I am not even saying this because I hate electric squirrels, it is just simply bad. I would replace it with something that can actually do something, like a mixed sweeping Pikachu, or even Raichu does more. After all, this team is automatically UU because of Altaria, so why not use some more potent and cute forces? Yes, I said that Pikachu is cuter than Pachirisu, sorry, I prefer to not have genital warts on my electric rodent's tail.

Could I use Sing on Mawile so that I get extra time to setup Swords Dance?

Sing
Focus Punch/ Ice Punch
Sucker Punch/ Thunder Punch
Swords Dance

Or could I just use the set I have with Expert Belt?

You didn't make me angry. the other guy did! I so WILL give yo that Mawile whether you like it or not, but I SO need to get to business here by choosing a Mawile set.

So what will it be Smogon? Do Sucker Punch/FOcus Punch/ Sing/ Swords Dance work together?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)