karaoke: episode 2

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Karaoke rules:
  • You have nine days to submit your entry. Since this round begins on today, you have til aug 22nd to submit your entry, at which point voting will begin. Voting will last three days, at which point a new round will begin.
  • You are permitted to reserve a song for three days. If the three days come and pass and you still haven't posted your entry, the song becomes fair game and you will not be permitted to reserve another song until the next round.
  • You are allowed to submit entries after the deadline for any particular round, but keep in mind that once people vote in the poll they can't change their votes. Also keep in mind that to change a poll, we need an smod, so there is no guarantee that your late entry will be posted to the poll in a timely manner, if at all.
  • Songs that you submitted in previous rounds cannot be used again. Songs that were previously sung by other people in other rounds are acceptable, but totally lame and we will make you sit with the nerdy kids at lunch if you do it.
  • This is a karaoke contest, not an open mic contest, so please refrain from playing instruments on your tracks. Professional-style editing is also discouraged.

Here are some sites that will work for uploading your entries:

http://soundcloud.com/
http://tindeck.com/

Also, this is a rather nifty program for recording your entries!

the theme

songs/artists about or containing the word ice

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
not entering, but if you need a smod to edit the poll just vm me or fb me, rodan, and I will get it done when I see it

edit: does snow count? if so I wanna enter with kiss from a rose by seal

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tentative reservation of Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Darn it.

I guess I'll go with "Cold As Ice" by Foreigner.

EDIT: Damn it, Texas. I'll get something else then.

So does this mean that Coldplay is available? In that case, I'm going to have to go with "The Scientist."

OK I give up can I just sing space cowboy by jamiroquai it's a cool band, it's a song about space and weed is very similar to ice?

Reserving Hot N Cold by Katy Perry.

There's a small chance I'll either be home alone tomorrow, or at least be inside by myself. If I can't get it in the next two days then count me out, although no one but me would reserve a Katy song.

I swear I'm having no luvdiscs today, my topics get closed, my girl won't make me sandwishes, my ladder falls, my cats don't like their cat food and now Rodan.

Thanks DL for saving me! Baby it's cold outside it is..

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://soundcloud.com/phoopes/the-scientist

That's me on the piano. Learned the piano part by ear instead of singing karaoke, just cuz. Though sorry about the quality, no matter where I placed my computer, it picked up a lot more of the piano than me singing. I even tried the damper pedal on the piano to make it softer. Oh well, enjoy.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
not sure if i'll be able to do it, but tentatively reserving Colder Weather by the Zac Brown Band

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)