Jumpluff trolling

Hi, I made this team while Sleep Clause was being tested to prove a point (lol at people saying "Stall would be dead if sleep clause is gone") and even after the testing was over it still did well. I want to share it mainly to take a look at different defensive cores. Most people recycle the same FerroOgre tandem ad nauseaum without putting much thinking or without much experience in the ladder. While Tentacruel is not rare in the ladder, its presence in a sun team is almost unheard of. Still, when paired with the right pokes I think you can still run a decent stallish team without having to use Latias or Arceus Grass/Water or Chansey.

Peak when laddering:

Plump Lover @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Groudon is my only physical wall and my answer to Extreme Killer, Sand Rush Excadrill and DD Quaza. Roar helps against Ho-Oh or bulky set uppers while Dragon Tail allows me to rack up more damage. The Def EVs let Plump Lover survive 2 Extreme Speeds from Arceus at +2 although as a rule I never rely on that because it depends on how much HP Plump Lover has and Arceus' item (LO, Silk Scarf, etc). It plays an important role on weather wars and making Jumpluff be one fast mofo.

Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 100 HP / 78 Def / 78 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Protect

Jumpluff is the trump card on this team. In the sun it's not outsped by anything which means it can do what it does best: annoy and stall. Sub and Protect along with Leech Seed makes Jumpluff almost unkillable if played correctly. Encore is my answer to Calm Minders and Groudon or Exca that just used Earthquake. Someone pointed out how Whimsicott would work better (not weather dependent) but in my opinion, Jumpluff has a wider movepool (U-Turn, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, etc) and his SR weakness is compensated by the fact it is immune to the other hazards plus it allows a nice switch to Groudon if I predict SR or EQ. Same goes for Excadrill (not in the sand of course) that went for EQ or SD predicting a Girotina switch. The EVs are to make sure it is less fragile than whatever standards set suggest. It can survive an unboosted Arceus Extreme Speed if SR is not up. It can also switch into stuff like Aura Sphere, Surfs in the sun and many other moves. It also helps his Substitutes to not be broken that easily.

Child Molester @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Child Molester is a big pivot and defensive component in my team. It usually beats Deoxys-S leads with a combination of Scald and Rapid Spin. It walls Scarf Ogre and sets up TS which are extremely important for taking down many threats. If needed it can spin away hazards although that rarely happens. Finally, Protect allows me to scout and recover HP thanks to its ability.

Girotina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 240 HP / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Roar

Specially defensive Girotina is helps Child Molester in walling Kyogre while it still works as a spin blocker. Roar so that it is not defenseless against Ho-Oh (a big threat) and Dragon Tail to do damage while phazing. While not having any investment in defense, it can still wall Terrakion and Kabutops, not to mention the immunity to Extreme Speed and Fighting moves. LO Mewtwo can't 2HKO with Ice Beam unless there is 3 layers of Spikes or Girotina has taken previous damage before. If I see a spinner on the other team I try to play very safe with it because as much as I need it to sponge special attacks, its blocking abilities help a lot.

Mandingo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Spd / 56 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk

Ah, my revenge killer of choice, my late game sweeper, my sleep absorber, you name it. I have lost count on how many teams have been Mandingo'ed by this set. It probably looks odd but this is all the moves you need. I guess you could add Fusion Bolt in there just to be safe but I like it this way. I chose Adamant over Jolly and max speed because at best you will be tying with other positive nature base 90s and because I want the extra power Adamant brings. Speed EVs are enough to outspeed Timid Mewtwo and the rest goes to HP. After SR, it can survive things like a +2 ExtremeSpeed from Arceus, +1 Ice Beam from Scarf Genesect and Ice Beam from Mewtwo and Kyogre. Once Ferrotroll is removed, Mandingo goes through rain teams like a hot knife through butter. Manaphy going for Tail Glow or CM? How cute. Even asleep, it can OHKO Rayquaza after SR with either move.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

Finally, Heatran is my only Dragon resist. It is also a great counter to all of Genesect sets (physical, mixed, special). Stealth Rock is there so it can go toe to toe against support Dialga without being stopped of setting them up, unlike Groudon who wouldn't like a Draco Meteor. Once again, Protect helps stalling when TS are up and gives me some lefties recovery not to mention some scouting against choiced pokes. Notice how well the synergy is between Tenta, Gira and Heatran. Between them I can wall most of the special meta without any trouble.

The team is obviously not perfect, depending on the pokes I'd say I dislike the sun mirror match and sand can be troublesome sometimes. At least it does very well against rain teams which, in my opinion are the most common; although at the same time usually the worst made (as in people don't think too much when making them).

One thing I'd like to point out is that if you are trying to play weather wars (and most of the times that is the case), remember that all of the weather inducers are weak to Toxic Spikes, ALL of them. The only one not being affected would be a rest talk Kyogre set, that although not uncommon, poses no threat to most teams (I think everyone has some ways to handle Kyogre when making a team).

Last edited:
Reserved for threat list

Abomasnow:
Arceus:

• Swords Dance -
  • Offensive Calm Mind -
  • Defensive Calm Mind -

• Swords Dance -

• Swords Dance -

• Trick Room -
  • Choice Band -

• Shell Smash -

• Special Sweeper -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Double Status -

• Life Orb -
  • Focus Sash Attacker -

• Special Attacker -
  • Mixed -
  • Bulk Up + RestTalk -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Substitute + Hone Claws -

• Bulky -
  • Offensive -
  • Mold Breaker + Swords Dance -

• Choice Band -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Swords Dance -
  • Choice Band -
  • Substitute + Swords Dance -

• Specially Based Choice Scarf -
  • Physically Based Choice Scarf -
  • Specially Based Attacker -
  • Physically Based Attacker -
  • Choice Band -

• Choice Scarf -

• Boosting Tank -
  • Chesto Rest -

• Mixed Attacker -
  • Calm Mind -
  • Sleeping Beauty (Mono-Attacker) -
  • Substitute Shuffler -

• Smash Pass -

• Rock Polish -
  • Para-Dancer -
  • Choice Band -
  • Offensive Stealth Rock -

• Taunt Support -
  • Choice Band -

• Choice Scarf -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Choice Band -

• Tank -
  • Flame Charge -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Choice Scarf -

• Choice Scarf -

• Nasty Plot -

• Cleaner -
  • Choice Band -

• Mixed Attacker -
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Choice Specs -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Choice Specs -
  • Calm Mind + 3 Attacks -
  • Mono-Attacker -
  • Thunder Wave -
  • Sub Calm Mind -
  • ChestoRest -

• Mixed -
  • Mixed Hone Claws -
  • Choice Band -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Choice Specs -
  • Expert Belt / Life Orb -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Swords Dance -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Double Dancer -
  • Choice Band -

• Offensive Pivot -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Stall-Breaker -
  • All-Out Special Attacker -

• Calm Mind -
  • All-Out Special Attacker -
  • Special Dragon Dance -

• Swords Dance -

• Rain Sweeper -

• Offensive Calm Mind -

• Substitute + Charge Beam -
  • Choice Specs -

• Physical Attacker -

• Calm Mind -
  • Tail Glow -

• Choice Band -

• Psycho Killer -
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Shell Smash -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Specially Based Mix -
  • Choice Specs -
  • Blissey Boxer -
  • Physically Based Mix -

• Support -
  • Swords Dance -

• Dragon Dance -
  • Mixed Attacker -
  • Mixed Dancer -
  • Swords Dance -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Choice Band -

• Choice Specs -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Substitute -
  • Flame Charge -
  • Sunny Day -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Dragon Dance -

• Choice Band -
  • Swords Dance -

• Sub-Seed -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Special Sweeper -
  • Choice Specs -

• Wall -
  • Swords Dance -

• Special Sweeper -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Double Dancer -
  • Choice Band -

• Prankster -
  • Nasty Plot -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Life Orb -
  • Agility -

• Tailwind -

• All-Out Attacker -
  • Choice Specs -

• Tank -
  • Choice Band -

• Special Growth -
  • Mixed Growth -

• Choice Scarf -
  • Choice Band -
  • Trick Room -

• Mixed -
  • Choice Band -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Substitute + Hone Claws -

Standard Ubers Defensive Threats

• Wallceus (Physical Wall) -

• Support -

• Utility Counter -

• Calm Mind -
  • Support -

• Support -
  • Calm Mind -

• Support -

• Support -

• Utility Counter -

• Mono-Attacker -

• Calm Mind -
  • Support -

• Defensive Calm Mind -
  • Sun Support -

• Support -

• Tank -

• Support -

• Lunar Dance + Dual Screens -
  • Wall -

• Agility + Taunt -
  • Utility Wall -

• Defensive -

• Bulky -

• Support -

• Specially Defensive -

• Tank -

• Great Wall -
  • Specially Defensive -

• Mixed Attacker -
  • RestTalk Shuffler -

• Substitute -

• Support -

• Taunt Support -

• Stallbreaker -

• Physical Wall -

• Tank -
  • Physically Defensive -

• Wish Support -

• Specially Defensive -
  • Physically Defensive -
  • Mono-Attacker Kyogre -
  • Bulky Choice Scarf Kyogre -

• Physically Defensive -

• Support -
  • Sub-Seed -

• Offensive Pivot -
  • Stall-Breaker -
  • Specially Defensive -
  • Support -

• Sub-Seed -

• Great Wall -
  • Sub-Roost -
  • Specially Defensive -
  • RestTalk Shuffler -
  • Defensive Calm Mind -

• Stall-Two -

• Choice Scarf -

• Specially Defensive -

• Support -
  • Specially Defensive -

• Support -

• Tank -
  • Specially Defensive -

• Sub-Seed -

• Wall -
  • Swords Dance -

• Dual Screens -

Miscellaneous Threats

• Offensive Dual Screens -

• Suicide Lead -
  • Dual Screens -
  • Choice Scarf -

• Imposter -

• Spikes -

• Smash Pass -
  • Lv 1 FEAR -

Last edited:
Hey man, cool team. It looks exactly like one I've played except with Gira-O and in BW1 lol. With that said I know how effective Jumpluff can be so just a few nitpicks: First off consider using less Speed on Jumpluff. While you'll notice a big difference in bulk, Jumpluff only is effective in Sun where nothing outspeeds it anyway. I actually played 0 Speed but more obviously works as well.

From what I remember, Volt Switch on Zekrom has proven to be very useful, especially against Rain. Not eaven does it ease prediction but it moreover gives you free opportunities to lay down Rocks, put something asleep or whatever because many things things that switch into Zekrom are fodder for either Heatran or Jumpluff.
Last thing I want to suggest is maybe adding Flamethrower over Stealth Rocks on Groudon. This way you have a nice way to lure in opposing Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory (I know it's not that realible anymore but most people don't think you're packing a Fire-move when also having DTail) which all hinder Jumpluff in it's effectiveness.

Last thing I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)