ORAS OU Juggernaut - (Mega Mence Hyper Offense)

jug·ger·naut

noun \ˈjə-gər-ˌnȯt, -ˌnät\
A huge, powerful, and overwhelming force​

So, before ORAS came out I told myself I was gonna have some fun with Mega Salamence before it got the boot. I just started competitive at the beginning of XY and by the time I started getting better all the blatantly broken stuff was gone. I wanted to give something broken a try, just for fun. And cause I never have before. I'm sure I'll get bored eventually. Anyways on to the team.

---​

The Team:

Call me Deo (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

If there's one thing I'm good at. It's taking pages out of other teambuilder's books (at least I give credit). In this case the pages were from yoman5's Suspect Test team with Thunder Wave on Azelf. Thunder Wave is nice to cripple any fastmon the opponent leads against Azelf before setting up Stealth Rock. I find that since I don't have Explosion Azelf can sometimes be used as death fodder to get a free switch in, and to be honest I haven't really found myself missing Explosion.

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

The next member of the team is Entei. Entei is on the team specifically because it is a Fire type, so it can take a Will-o-wisp and because with Sacred Fire it can take on Mega Sableye better than Victini or Talonflame. Unless it's Banded and Adamant Victini can't OHKO Sableye with V-create and after the stat drop it gets OHKO'd by Foul Play. Talonflame also gets smacked by Foul Play and it's large Stealth Rock weakness is unappealing. Sacred Fire's high burn chance is nice and the +2 Priority of ExtremeSpeed is also appreciated. I decided to go with a Life Orb instead of a Choice Band because I feel that having a choice locked mon without U-turn could really kill momentum for the team.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Ah, Belly Drum Azumarill. I've had some fun with this mon on some other teams on the ORAS ladder, mainly just 6-0ing Stall teams with slow water resists and no Unaware mon. Azumarill is the first member of the DFS offensive core of the team. The mons in this core all setup on what beats the others. Azumarill sets up on Scarfed Magnezone and fast Heatran that beat Scizor as well as Scarfed Latios that beat Salamence. It also scares out Mamoswine and Weavile that beat Mence and can potentially use that as a free turn to setup. I decided to run Knock Off instead of Waterfall because +6 Knock Off OHKO's Amoongus and has a chance to OHKO Ferrothorn. Most of the time I'm just clicking Aqua Jet anyway so I don't really miss Waterfall. The speed on Azumarill is enough to outspeed Skarmory with a little bit extra for any speed creeping Skarmory.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 220 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Next up is the monster, Mega Salamence. Mence is the main sweeper for the team, it sets up on all sorts of things and Return does a ton of damage even to Flying resists after a boost or two. Mence sets up on Magnezone and Heatran and it can even set up on Talonflame if it happens to revenge kill Scizor or Azumarill. The speed Ev's on Mence are enough to outspeed max speed Choice Scarf Kyurem-B at +1. If I get revenged by Scarf Latios Scizor and Azumarill can both use that as setup fodder.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

The last member of the core is SD Scizor. Scizor doesn't sweep quite as often as Azumarill or Salamence, but it has run through a couple Rain teams that were using Mega Swampert and didn't have Kingdra (that one turn without Swift Swim is unfortunate). Like Azumarill, Scizor also sets up on Scarf Latios, and scares out Mamoswine and Weavile. At +2 Bug Bite does a lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it for example it has an 87% chance to OHKO standard Rotom-W. Alongside Azumarill, Scizor is my answer to Mega Slowbro as +2 Bug Bite OHKO's. For EVs I decided to just go with max speed so that I can outspeed Rotom-W as well as specially defensive Heatran and OHKO them both.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

For the final member of the team I decided on Scarfed Landorus-T. I needed a fastmon that could outspeed all the crazy fast things in ORAS like Lopunny and Sceptile. Landorus-T also as U-turn to help keep momentum. I decided to run Hidden Power Ice on Landorus-T because it can hit opposing Landorus-T that think they have a safe switch in and it's also a safer option for taking on Mega Salamence than Stone Edge. The speed EVs are enough to outrun Scarfed Excadrill while still being slower than opposing Landorus-T that go for max speed.

I'll do this later

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 120 HP / 220 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

id suggest band zor over sd since you have 252 speed it cant really set up on alot of things or just take off sd your team is ver hyper offensive and doesnt really have alot of switch in to big threats 1 thing that could replace scizor is greninja since it gets huge coverage in this meta game and also has the choice of gunk shot hit fairies.

Hello,sorry for the bump.I think why don't you using Knock Off instead HP ice?if it's just for beating M-Sceptile,you can just clicking U-Turn and bring another thing like Scizor and using Bullet punch.Because M-sceptile defense is so low.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, flamethrower>knock off on Azelf to surprise steel and bug types on the opposing team and hit for big large damage.

I will provide a more complete rate today(lol) when I am less tired and it isn't 1:00 AM.

Also, flamethrower>knock off on Azelf to surprise steel and bug types on the opposing team and hit for big large damage.

I will provide a more complete rate today(lol) when I am less tired and it isn't 1:00 AM.
How about using suicide lead on azelf?seems better as he has low defensive stat and can go away with a boom

How about using suicide lead on azelf?seems better as he has low defensive stat and can go away with a boom

Hey, thanks for the rates everyone! I appreciate it!
id suggest band zor over sd since you have 252 speed it cant really set up on alot of things or just take off sd your team is ver hyper offensive and doesnt really have alot of switch in to big threats 1 thing that could replace scizor is greninja since it gets huge coverage in this meta game and also has the choice of gunk shot hit fairies.
You're right that Scizor doesn't get to set up on very much. I'll give Greninja a try and see how it works on the team.
Hello,sorry for the bump.I think why don't you using Knock Off instead HP ice?if it's just for beating M-Sceptile,you can just clicking U-Turn and bring another thing like Scizor and using Bullet punch.Because M-sceptile defense is so low.
HP Ice isn't for Sceptile, it's for other Landorus and also a more accurate way of hitting Mega Salamence. I don't really like having to hit multiple Stone Edges in order to bring it down. And even then it can just roost.

Knock Off is mainly a move that gives Azelf another thing to do besides spreading paralysis if it's already set up rocks and hasn't fainted yet. I find most people lead with Volt-turn users when they see Azelf. And then Volt-turn out into something faster than Azelf or something with priority as a set up rocks or T-wave. The only time I've seen people lead with steel types is when they don't seem to know what Azelf does. I'll give it a try though, and see if I like the greater damage output.
Azelf is kinda already a suicide lead only difference is it uses knock and spreads paralysis until it dies instead of just exploding. With the way most people play around Azelf it rarely gets a chance to explode anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)