It's about time I post this (An Uber Offensive RMT)

Hello there. Since my Last RMT was a year ago at least, I am going to decide to make a new one in order to improve on my latest team.

Team at a glance -

I made this team with one thing in mind, to not let any other offensive pokemon set up and to not let Forretress set up its entry hazards. It is an offensive team where Deoxys A's role is to set up Entry Hazards early to enable my sweepers, which are Giratina, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Palkia, to get critical OHKOs. Wobb is also there to help get rid of faster revenge killers, while Giratina O is there for an offensive spin block in case Forry does get a chance to set up. Anyways, here is the team in detail -

Deoxys-A Jolly Nature & Focus Sash
EVs - 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
Moves - Fire Punch
Stealth Rock
Extremespeed
Spikes

This is my lead of choice, and probably the best lead for this team. This pokemon allows me to set up entry hazards early, as said, as well as dealing with lead Scizors and any Forretress that tries to switch in with Fire Punch. If dealing with any Lead Kyogre or Groudon, I'll set up entry hazards, then sacrifice this guy and switch to Mewtwo, who can OHKO to 2HKO them with a Life Orbed Ice Beam or Thunder. Extremespeed is there to obviously try to break the speed tie with other Deoxys A. If I face a Deoxys S, then I'll Fire Punch it, hoping for a burn. Anyways, this lead is to trick the opponent into thinking he or she can wall it wall it with a certain pokemon.

Giratina O Modest Nature & Griseous Orb
EVs - 86 HP / 216 SpA / 96 SpD / 112 Spe
Moves - Substitute
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse

This is the offensive spin blocker of choice for anyone doing a team similar to this. The object of this pokemon is simple, switch into a non damaging move (such as Stealth Rock) or a move it is immune to (such as Blissey's Seismic Toss) and try to set up. If I cannot set up in front of a certain pokemon, I'll usually spam a Shadow Ball in hope that it will do significant damage (I think a Dragon Pulse from this is as powerful as Palkia's 399 non Lustrous Obed Spacial Rends, so I heard). I use this in case my Deoxys Lead fails to bring down the Forretress threat as well as set up on non CM Psych Up Blissey.

Wobbuffet Bold Nature & Leftovers
EVs - 28 HP/228 Def/252 Sp. Def
Moves - Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
Encore

This is the glue that holds the team together. In case someone other than Taunt CM Mewtwo, NP Darkrai, Shadow Ball Giratina (which I think Wobb can survive with Stealth Rock) tries to set up, I can use Encore and then switch Lucario in and Swords Dance on the foe or Giratina O and let it Calm Mind away. This guy also gets the rightful job of getting rid of fast revenge killers such as Scarf Garchomp by Countering them or Mirror Coating them into oblivion. Safeguard is there to prevent status to any of the critical members of my team. I am thinking of going Calm instead of Bold for this guy, but surviving a 1+ Life Orbed DD Ray's Outrage seems very desirable. A very important poke to this team.

Mewtwo Timid (previously Hasty) Nature & Life Orb
EVs- 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Moves - Ice Beam
Thunder
Aura Sphere
Fire Blast

This is the high octane special sweeper of this team. Mewtwo serves as a second revenge killer after Palkia (in case Palkia dies), getting rid if threats such as NP Darkrai and non scarved Shaymin S (scarved Shaymin S is handled with a mixture of Lucario and Wobbuffet). Ice Beam, Thunder, and Aura Sphere give this guy near perfect coverage when sweeping.I am actually thinking of using the Taunt CM version in order to deal with Rayquaza and Lucario better, so I need to decide between extra power and defensive integrity. Overall, this set has been working for me so far, and the crucial KOs that this guy can give me is important, KOs such as on 4 HP, no Special Defense Kyogre with Stealth Rock up. Fire Blast is for any Scizor or Metagross that tries to switch into me.

Lucario Adamant (Thinking of going Jolly to outspeed most other Lucarios) Nature & Life Orb
Ability - Inner Focus (Flinching could be harmful to this team)
EVs - 252 Atk/252 Def/4 Def
Moves - Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch

Lucario is probably one of the most underrated physical sweepers in ubers to date. I chose this guy over Rayquaza mainly for three things. One is to have a safe switch into most of Tyranitar's physical moves, two is because Close Combat is a powerful move without the undesirable effects of confusion, and three is because of the Steel typing, allowing me to switch into more threats than I could do with Rayquaza. With the help of Wobbuffet, once this thing sets up, it is very hard to stop, unless one has a defensive Groudon, a very bulky Lugia or Giratina A, or a scarf steel type sweeper or scarf ghost type sweeper. This thing also helps me in dealing with Deoxys A leads with one hit point left, as all this thing has to do is use Extremespeed and it can switch in better with its steel typing. Lucario can do a lot of things that are beneficial that Rayquaza simply cannot do or cannot do very well.

Palkia Hasty(previously Timid) Nature & Choice Scarf
EVs -
120 Atk/138 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Moves - Outrage
Fire Blast
Thunder
Spacial Rend

The last member and one of the most important. Palkia gets rid of faster pokemon in the >= 328 speed category as well as absorb Kyogre's Specs Water Spouts. The nature and set was changed to Hasty in order to deal with Special walls and Taunt CM Mewtwo (which takes over 50% from an Outrage with stealth rock up with those attack EVs). Overall, these is not much to write about since the strategy is the same.

One more Thing
This is an offensive team, so the role of an offensive team is to sacrifice something that has already done its job well with something that is more threatening that can get rid of the foe. Using walls such as support Groudon and Lugia is bad for this team, as they can be basically set up fodder for the opposition.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Couple random things.

I'd recommend Aura Sphere | Shadow Ball on Gira-O if you're seriously considering Shadow Ball. Not only does it have perfect coverage, but it also puts severe pain onto Pokemon such as Dialga and KOes Blissey easier. Also, not liking how Scizor can really dent this team. 3 Pokemon weak to U-Turn or Pursuit (well 4 w/Pursuit, but DX-A doesn't really count since he's suiciding) isn't a good thing. In fact, it's probably a very shaky idea. The good news is you can set up Lucario easier if its locked onto Pursuit, but aside from that you can tell that I'm stating it can be a bit punishing at times. Of course another blatantly obvious weakness is Rayquaza. How on earth do you stop this thing aside from a revenge kill with Palkia? SD Ray is going to put a number to the team.

You could try the ParaDancing Groudon somewhere in here. For one thing, it spreads paralysis which is always a good thing. It's a bulky sweeper, and it can at least survive most impacts aimed at it (doubtful on Aqua Tail from Ray but otherwise not a bad choice to counter it). The bad news is, from what I can see, is that Palkia and Mewtwo's power drops significantly due to Thunder and Surf getting a nerf, but it's adjustable. For Mewtwo, run Fire Blast (or Flamethrower) / Grass Knot over Ice Beam / Thunder. With Aura Sphere, this should give you roughly the same coverage but hitting more Pokemon. The issue becomes Dragons, but you could opt for Ice Beam > Fire Blast too since the only difference is not hitting Scizor very hard. I'd also consider Naive over Hasty to take Bullet Punch and Extremespeed easier.

I'll take a second look at this later, but I guess keep some of these suggestions in mind. I'd look into Grass Knot > Thunder though unless you're looking into paralysis and something that gets nerfed in the sun (it's not saving you from Ho-oh is all I'm saying due to the major accuracy drop).

On your Lucario, i recommend switching Crunch to Ice Punch since dealing with Dragons is probably more important in Ubers than dealing with Gengar since Crunch really is only for Gengar. Ice punch still gets a super effective hit on Giratina too.

no its mainly for lugia where crunch is definitely better due to def drops and still se even when lugia roosts

this is a good team but i have one suggestion change fire punch to taunt on your deoxys to stop entry hazards from other deoxys and for baton passing mew and shit like that

You have no good way of dealing with Deoxys-E. Two extremespeeds from it knocks out your lead for sure and there is no way to stop it unless you switch. From there Deoxys-E can either taunt your switch-in or set up entry hazards itself. This is a gaping flaw. Another problem with your lead is that scarf Darkrai can go in and use Dark Void. Wobbuffet really is helpless to this threat and can't encore it. If you switch into Wobbuffet thinking Darkrai will Dark Void and that it is scarved, then what if he thinks you were going to use taunt? He will end up Dark Pulsing you which will result in a problem as Mirror Coat can't blast it back. There are other dilemnnas but luckily Scarf Darkrai isn't very common. Your Deoxys has decent coverage on the other leads. However, Groudon leads might cause trouble. Groudon resists your physical attacks and at the same time can thunder wave. Now he can set up his own Stealth Rock while you're paralyzed. Chances are you will only get Stealth Rock down and maybe 1 layer of spikes while Groudon finishes you off and thunder waves the next guy. Again, Taunt prevents this. You can taunt the first turn and if he happens to attack, you can switch to a counter safely knowing that he can't cripple your switch in.

Giratrina just isn't strong enough to finish out Forretress if he does make an appearance. Think about it: Forretress is usually found with a Shedinja or Ho-Oh. The latter will usually be accompanied by Groudon, leaving you with permanent sunlight (unless the opponent also has Kyogre or some other weather effect). If Shedinja is on the team, there may be a chance of Kyogre, but don't bet on it. Your best way to stop this is to get rid of substitute because I know that not a lot of people are gonna take Forretress out when it walls Giratrina to using weak moves. Find a decent replacement that has good coverage outside such as Aura Sphere.

Wobbuffet looks really appealing with Lucario to back him up.

Mewtwo also looks good, although I use a scarf Mewtwo as a good clean-up killer. Because you have a good wall (Giratrina) who isn't going to be poisoned by Toxic Spikes or hindered by Spikes, Mewtwo could probably afford to be scarved.

252 Sp.Attack
232 Spd
24 SpDef

Thunder
Selfdestruct
Ice Beam
Fire Blast

This will help against common threats and serves amazingly against Rock Polish Mew passing to Groudon or Dragon Dance Rayquaza thinking they can outspeed you. Garchomp trapped into Outrage will be slaughtered if it manages to take out one of your guys.

From my experience, Lucario usually doesn't have enough power to faint guys without entry hazards. Although you may set up swords dance because of Wobbuffet, it won't go very far without some residual damage to back it up. Find a way to get spikes up or you'll probably be using him later in the game.

Palkia - Watch out for Garchomp and always switch to Wobbuffet if Wobbuffet has decent health whenever you see Garchomp. The only other thing is change the speed so it is exactly 396 with the scarf. Unless you want to try and outspeed other scarf users, this will allow you to outspeed 252 spd Jolly Mewtwo.

All in all I think this is a pretty well designed team but keep working on it.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deoxys-S
I like it, but you also may want to replace ES or FP with Taunt so that you can stop other Deoxys and also any pokes that might want to set up on you or status you (Darkrai, Dancing Groudon, Rayquaza...and so on)

Giratina-O
I would suggest using Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere (as Colonel M stated) because it does give great coverage, but more importantly because you have no steady access to rain. If you use Thunder and Dragon Pulse, then the opponent can easily take away rain and cripple your Tina's already limited movepool.

Wobbuffet
Not much to say about Wobb...

Mewtwo
Not really much to say about the Mewtwo either...

Lucario
While I would not know from first hand experience the difference between Adamant and Jolly, Jibaku has sweared by Jolly. The added speed will obviously help, but you will lose some close OHKOs. However, with Deoxys-A setting up Spikes and SR will hopefully help with that.

Palkia
I would say that you should switch to Hasty, just because I think Mixed Scarf Palkia can be extremely deadly when played right, but I am not sure which move you could take out. You could take out Fire Blast for Outrage, but then you don't have any other Fire move except for Deoxys which won't last too long. Without Thunder Palkia can not do the great job it does of counter Kyogre. And Spacial Rend and Surf are just needed standards.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol I think that I played this team and lost to lucario. But seriously my Dakrai Dark Voided deoxys and then used NP you had to sacrifice Mewtwo to beat it cause it was sashed...
So I would give Deoxys taunt so that you team is not as threatened by sashed Darkrai.

Your looks to have problems against CB scizor and/or scarfed Garchomp
Scizor can beat Mewtwo and Wobbuffet while Garchomp can threaten outrage on your dragon types. Palkia is outspeed by Garchomp as well, not sure what can be put in to stop them, without messing up your teams synergy though.

Changed the team with a few edits (Mewtwo, Palkia, Giratina).

Personally, I never really had troubles with CB Scizor, since Palkia would take very little damage from a Bullet Punch (which is usually what they do anyways) and hit it with Fire Blast. Metagross was more of an issue when it was facing Mewtwo, so that's why I changed it.

With Deoxys E, I usually will just sacrifice (since that's the strategy with this team) Deoxys A, but not until Deoxys A has done significant damage to it, either with Fire Punch or Extremespeed (preferably Fire Punch). Same thing for Darkrai only now I just use Extremespeed in case it is scarfed. I've had some trouble with these two, but I've managed to get around them in certain ways that would benefit.

No way Garchomp should be a problem unless there is another revenge killer on the same team, but I doubt it due to it being a set up fodder for stall. Overall, Wobbuffet should handle it.

Legends Never Die - Remember Stealth Rock and Entry Hazards? Ho-Oh and sheddy should be severely crippled by those. Sheddy is rare also due to this fact.

I am concerned about opposing Lucario and Rayquaza from sweeping this team, should I replace Mewtwo with Groudon (Paradancer kind) in order to deal with those?

Entry hazards I really never had a problem with as long as the opponent does not set up spikes or toxic spikes.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Palkia handles Rayquaza pretty well, I think Palkia can beat Lucario as long as its scarfed and if fire blast does not miss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)