ORAS PU It's a dang old PU RMT man.

PREFACE

Hi all. My name is Jacob. I can be found on PS! as McLemore. This team is an offensive webs team that is meant to help Kingler set up and sweep. Thank you for your rate. Now without further ado:​

TEAM_DEVELOPMENT

About a week ago, I was watching King of the Hill and playing on Showdown. I was bored and did /randpoke pu to amuse myself. Kingler is the mon that came up and the rest is history with this team. Of course, Kingler came first due to /randpoke. I browsed the SmogDex for building ideas and noticed Offensive Webs. I had always wanted to try webs in OU, but Bisharp makes the style nearly unplayable. I decided to try the idea out and here we are now. Leavanny came second due to it being the best offensive webs setter in PU. Cryogonal gives me Hazard Removal that can help me check non-scarf Dodrio. Nasty Plot Misdreavus is a secondary win con that can completely destroy teams under webs and also functions as a spin blocker to keep webs up. Pawniard is a solid user of SR and gives my team a way to remove items and some priority. Monferno is my answer to Pawniard, which pressures the team heavily otherwise, and a check to Rotom-F.​

THE_TEAM

DETAILED_ANALYSIS

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

• overview:

LO SD Kingler is a monster with Sticky Webs up. It will absolutely
    ++++++++[>+>++>+++>++++>+++++>++++++>+++++++>++++++++>+++++++++>++++++++++>+++++++++++>++++++++++++>+++++++++++++>++++++++++++++>+++++++++++++++>++++++++++++++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-]>>>>>>>>++.--<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>++.--<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>+.-<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>+.-<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>--.++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>--.++<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>---.+++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>+++.---<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>+++.---<<<<<<<<<<<<<.
    anything that isn't a bulky water type. Enough said.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Kingler is the main win con of this team. Sticky Webs being up allows it to outspeed all mons up to positive natured base 116s (ie Zebstrika, Raichu, Kadabra). I choose an Adamant nature to maximize damage output. Crab Hammer gives Kingler a powerful STAB attack. X-Scissor hits Tangela and other bulky Grass types while Knock Off allows me to remove eviolite and other items from switch-ins. Swords Dance is chosen on this set over Agility because of the presence of Sticky Webs.
    _
☆彡

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat

• overview:

You have no idea how many people forfeit when they click Stealth Rock and I click Magic Coat. This mon is my lead 99% of the team.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

This set is designed to bounce back any hazards my foe wants to set and, most importantly, set up Sticky Webs. The Focus Sash allows Leavanny to always set up Webs and Leaf Storm gives it a strong STAB move that is useful to break past lead Golem. Knock Off allows Leavanny to remove items and cripple bulky Eviolite users.
    _
  • alternative options:

Since PU sent Machoke packing, I have considered changing Knock Off to Electroweb to provide even more speed control and to be able to cripple Flying types that can trouble me otherwise. I haven't gotten the chance to test this yet, but if y'all think it's a good idea let me know.
☆彡

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

• overview:

This slot used to be taken by a CB Flareon, but after some testing I realized the team was really Pawniard weak. This is where Monferno came in.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Monferno is the premier Fire/Fighting type in PU. It's access to two extremely strong STAB attacks in Flare Blitz and Close Combat make sure Monferno is able to come in and do damage when it needs to. I use Eviolite here to better check Pawniard and to give Monferno more bulk to last throughout the match. Mach Punch forces Pawniard out every time it comes in and U-Turn lets Monferno pivot.

tl;dr: Fuck Pawniard.
    _
☆彡

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

• overview:

Used to be Avalugg, but it sucked too much momentum away from the team. I like Cryogonal much more here because of his speed and his ability to deal with certain water and flying types.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Cryogonal has been a very good addition to this team. Leftovers + Recover give him reliable recovery and allow him to get rid of entry hazards multiple times throughout the match. Freeze Dry is especially helpful because it allows Cryogonal to beat water types that would otherwise wall it. HP[Fighting] is mandatory coverage to hit opposing Ice and Steel types.
    _
☆彡

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

• overview:

Misdreavus acts as a spinblocker, secondary win condition, and provides even more speed control for this team.
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Eviolite make Misdreavus especially bulky. Nasty Plot is the main move on this set as it allows Missy to act as a win con and wallbreaker. Shadow Ball + HP[Fighting] give Missy perfect neutral coverage to better perform its role as a wincon. Thunder Wave allows Missy to act as a another point of speed control.
    _
  • alternative options:

I've considered Will-O-Wisp to check some physical attackers and maybe burn Pawniard on the switch, but I feel like my team appreciates the speed control more.
☆彡

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

• overview:

Remember when I said "Fuck Pawniard". I'm sorry. ;-;
    _
  • in-depth analysis:

Pawniard acts as this team's hazard setter and overall glue. Knock Off and Iron Head are Pawniard's main STAB moves. Knock Off also allows Pawniard to remove Eviolite from bulky checks to Kingler / Missy / Monferno. Sucker Punch gives the team a form of priority, something this team is lacking besides Mach Punch. Pawniard also deters defoggers from clearing my team's Sticky Webs due to the Defiant boost it gains. Overall, Pawniard has been amazing.
    _
ANOTHER_PERSPECTIVE

POSTFACE

Well, there's the team. If you need me I'll be grilling steaks, playing Pokemon Go, and selling propane and propane accessories.​

IMPORTABLE

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Cool team JMcLemore57 but I think running Jolly > Adamant on both Kingler and Monferno would be an immense improvement since the extra power is not entirely necessary and positive natures allow them to get the jump on mons who would otherwise outspeed them and can be especially useful if you fail to keep web on the field.

I also encourage you to run max speed on Pawniard since it allows to outspeed a lot with web up making it much scarier.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi JMcLemore57, nice team, great to see Kingler.

The team looks like a solid build, though it does have some flaws. Firstly I recomend Golem over Pawniard, as an electric immunity is crucial on webs, especcially if webs go down and even if they don't scarf rotom is still very threatening. Additionally, Pawniard isn't as good a Flying resist as Golem is, and flying-types are also another huge threat to webs as they aren't slowed down and gives you a better matchup vs ninjask. If you choose not to make this change, you should run at least 200 Speed EVs on Pawniard in order to outspeed Mr Mime and below.

Next, a thing to consider is Scarf Politoed over Cryogonal, as it gives the team a much more reliable Water-type switch in, along with a faster revenge killer. This is especially important if sticky webs get removed, as Politoed can outspeed threats like Floatzel and Raichu, while having water absorb to switch into the former. Rapid Spin isn't crucial on this team as you have nothing rocks weak and a lot of offensive pressure to prevent spikes.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)