XY Doubles It looks like Beat Up :3

How much do you see Weavile or another Beat Up user alongside a Justified abuser?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So one day you find a website called Pokemon Showdown! Next you make a team for it! And then you battle with the team! (so exciting) But then, all of a sudden, you find yourself against Weavile and Lucario, and your absolutely noobish team gets sweeped :3 and you start to cry realize, Hey, I have to play around this. Meaning if you are in higher tiers, they recognize the lead and play around it. BUT WHAT IF IT ISN'T BEAT UP???
Beat Up Lucario only works in the lowest of the tiers. Trust me. Don't use it at like 1300 ELO, because then you will get wrecked for sure. However, that doesn't mean you can't run a common Beat Up user on a team with a common Justified abuser. Weavile and Lucario (or whatever you face, more likely Terrakion and Whimsicott) will die instantly if it is a Beat Up team, but if it is just a standard lead: git gud or die.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: whatever (Inner Focus, Steadfast, or Justified)
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
Close Combat
Bullet Punch/ESpeed
Blaze Kick
Detect​
So first of all: WHY U BE NEEDIN DETECT OVER PROTECT??? PROTECT HAS MORE PP!!! Well buddy you forgot that there are the incredibly uncommon and surprisingly terrible useful mons that have Tect/Trick Room/Other/IMPRISON!!! Go into a Showdown chat room and do a dexsearch (!ds or /ds) of mons that have Detect and Imprison, I dare you. The only mons that will show up are Azelf, Sableye, Smeargle, Zoroark, and Zorua. Not a lot, and either way Lucario is not a PP war winner anyways. The rest should be simple, Close Combat does a lot and has STAB, Bullet Punch does less than ESpeed but can however be supereffective sometimes and nothing is immune to Bullet Punch, and it is also supereffective on Whimsicott (maybe enough to activate the sash). Despite this, TFlame might (might) die from an ESpeed and will be outsped. Blaze Kick is something that hits Aegislash while leading Weavile and Lucario, and Aegislash expects a Fake Out from Weav. Actually nevermind, they would actually be expecting Beat Up instead.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket (why use Pressure on the frailest mon ever?!?)
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Ice Punch/Icicle Crash
Night Slash/Knock Off
Fake Out
X-Scissor/Ice Shard​
COME ON BEAT UP!!!!
Uh, no.
Weavile has 252 EVs of attack, why use Beat Up on your own mon????
Oh, uh, right :3
I will be surprised if this isn't obvious to you. This gets amazing mons off the field (Garchomp, Salamence, DNite, and hell maybe even Hydreigon)(can't forget the Multiscale on DNite though :/ so you should use Bullet Punch/ESpeed on DNite to break through)(too much parentheses ;-;) while also providing Fake Out support and either Bug coverage or priority in the form of Ice Shard. Done. ^.^

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP 172 Def 84 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Overheat/Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Tect/Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp​
So I gave you a choice: Thunderbolt right there or Thunderbolt right here. I'm sorry but I like to have TBolt and Overheat. I mean, your great lead, Weav/Luke, is physical. P H Y S I C A L. Meaning that you are 4x weak to intimidate (dis is doubles BITCH deal with it), and the most common intimidators that the above lead doesn't cover, aka GYARADOS AND MAWILE, are both generally physical. If you use special I will personally come over to your house and drive you to the mental hospital help you a little bit. Anyways, they are both wrecked by WoW (Mawile aside, since it has Huge Power) and Rotom-Heat's STAB attacks both hit them hard, Gyarados maybe taking an OHKO. Light Screen is a bit strange, but it ensures that the team is very capable of taking on a Special attacker like Heatran, Jellycents, or Hydreigon. WoW obvious.

Thundurus-Incarnate @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP 212 Def 44 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Thunder Wave/Swagger/Taunt/Attract
Thunder Wave/Swagger/Taunt/Attract​
So first, before I say anything about this set, I would like you to know that at the end of this RMT I have another set for Thundurus, that set being a Defiant set just in case you are afraid of your frail physical lead and would like to catch intimidators off guard. Now the set.
So when I turned 6 years old I got a brand new Pokemon game: Pokemon Crystal. I played it for a little bit, thought it was a fun game, and then I made it to the third gym: Whitney's gym. Damn, it took forever to finally defeat that Miltank, and it was all because it was spamming Attract. Attract and Flinch are fairly annoying when facing Whitney, but Attract and Thunder Wave/Swagger... and the fact that Kang, Cress, and a list of other famous doubles threats are always female... well, hot damn! You have learned the ways of the Hax Gods! Now, you may be thinking "THERE IS FREAKING SWAGGER STUPID" well Swagger is pretty bad on Kang for obvious reasons, and Cress will occasionally be a Skill Swap Huge Power physical mon O_o. I also have Taunt in there for annoying TR teams, so, err, yeah. Substitute and Thunderbolt are self-explanatory.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
U-turn
Knock Off/Superpower​
Don't run Superpower unless it is seriously calling your name. You have fun with Mega Lucario already. Just don't.
This is really the standard Scarf Landorus-Therian set, with the choice of spread Rock Slide or less accurate single targeting Stone Edge. You pick.

Cresselia @ Chesto Berry/Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 124 Def, 132 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trick Room
Rest/Skill Swap
Psychic
Moonblast​
Please understand this: only run Rest if it is Chesto Berry, and only run Chesto Berry if it is Rest. The rest of the set is self-explanatory, Trick Room is to revert the twisted dimensions to normal NOT TO TWIST THE DIMENSIONS, Skill Swap is to retain Prankster if partner Thundurus is about to die or to double up on Intimidates with Landorus-Therian, Psychic is to hit Fighting types (particularly Conkeldurr) pretty hard, and Moonblast is for the threatening and rising Hydreigon.

EXTRA THUNDURUS-INCARNATE SET
Thundurus-Incarnate @ White Herb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Wild Charge/Thunderpunch
U-turn
Tect/Sky Drop
Superpower​
The sad part about running Defiant Thundurus is the fact that it only gets a few flying type moves. I believe they are actually Fly, Sky Drop, and Hidden Power Flying. Luckily, it still can use one of those (Sky Drop) to its team's advantage.
One mechanic that not a lot of people know about is that Defiant activates before your item, meaning that the only time that White Herb will be used is by team or self caused stat drops, such as Superpower. A great mechanic, I might add, which definitely makes the genies great Defiant users, as they are fast and can utilize Defiant and the White Herb effectively.
The set is simple, you can use Protect over Sky Drop if you wish to keep Thundurus in the game longer, however, you do give up the option of supporting your team a little bit more. Wild Charge does more damage yet has recoil, while Thunderpunch has no recoil and has a (low) chance of paralysis. Personally the Wild Charge recoil isn't much to me, but Thunderpunch is a safer option against the occasional (yet not advised) Stealth Rocks in doubles. U-turn can scout and allows a switch after the other switches, and Superpower is good if this is a lead Thundurus, as you probably are not running Lucario as your partner and still get to cover lead Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gyarados.

Both Thundurus sets work and are fairly effective, but in my opinion the Defiant set is a lot better on this team. If you want to catch intimidators who will likely be there to counter Beat Up/Justified the best that they can, use the Defiant set, but if you want to stretch the power of the hax gods, definitely use the Prankster set.

I would like to say, as this is the end of my first RMT, I would like to also post a very reliable VGC RMT ;) since VGC 2014 is going to end soon, it won't matter if I reveal every trick in the team. But, before I create it, I would like at least 5 comments below saying that they like the team.
Shoutout to GreenNinjask! He gave me the Cresselia spread!

Last edited:
*UPDATE*
I did not realize because I am stupid because I wasn't paying attention that I put this under doubles :/ I would like to apologize.

Last edited:
For the gimmick to work, Lucario needs to start with Justified so it actually gets the attack boost.

EDIT: Misread it, Justified is still best for switching in to Dark-type moves.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)