Is there a way to make use of Eevee?

So we all love that cute lil furball Eevee. But is there a way to make use of it? I saw one on PBR using the Protect/Last Resort combo with good results, but that was against a not so skilled opponent. Is there a way to make him make use of Adaptibility and Last Resort? I thought of Endure/Salac but he seems a bit too slow for that.

And yes, OFCOURSE any Rock/Steel/Ghost is gonna wall him to death. I just want to get him to make a bit of use of that ability of his. If its impossible so be it, I just want some laughs and giggles.

Funny you bring up Protect/Last Resort, I post a snorlax useing that but just like you said before people just said what about steel/rock/ghost. But anyway I was thinking about skill swap for double battles. What do you think of that?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, instead of using Last Resort, you can just use Focus Sash/Flail...it gets powered up to 400 BP thanks to the 2x bonus STAB from Adaptability rather than the normal 1.5x, or you can just slap a Choice Band on it and use Return to try to do some damage, but yeah, other than the stats, the big problem is that Normal isn't super-effective against anything, and so this will have a hard time OHKOing anything which it will need to do to survive.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Without Trick Room, Eevee is basically a bad Tauros. With Trick Room, it's a bad Snorlax (who also gets Last Resort, but why would you use that). If you try to EndFlail, it's a bad Dodrio. Eevee also has a tiny, tiny movepool.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even with Adaptability and STAB on Trump Card, it only does about 18% more than Vaporeon would with the same PP. And Vaporeon, unlike Eevee, won't die before Trump Card gets down to low PP for high power. It would also work better on Jolteon, who can force switches to waste PP.

/edit: Oh, wait, I was thinking Trump Card (edited first part to reflect this). Well, my argument still stands. Vaporeon will be able to actually survive hits to use another move before using Last Resort, unlike Eevee.

Alright, what can be done for MAXIUMUM eevee power, you can do the following:

Eevee:
Brave
255 atk/ 255 satk Ability: Adaptability
Item: Choice-Band (Shut up and listen)
Attacks:
  • Endure
  • Flail
You'll also need A focus-sash electrode AND lunatone/solrock/bronzong with a focus-sash.

Turn 1: Eevee uses endure, goes down to 1Hp.
Turn 2:Switch to electrode, hangs on with focus sash
Turn 3: Explode
Turn 4: Bring in solrock* and use trick-room. (survive with focus-sash)
Turn 5: Explode the solrock
Turn 6: Eevee comes in and uses flail with choice-band and 400BP

Using Dragontamer's attack and def-tiers, this eevee, if you're wanting to include ALL pokemon it is CAPABLE of KOing, the following pokemon can be OHKO'd by this eevee:

• Min def/hp tangrowth
  • Max HP/def blissey
  • Any weavile
  • Min def/hp Uxie
  • (As long as not intimidated) Bulky Gyarados
  • ANY Salamence, ever, (without intimidate)
  • Any arcanine
  • Any Cladol
  • Yanmega
  • Any Latios
  • Min-def regigigas/Slaking
  • Max-damage (max-hp/min def) wobbuffet
  • Max def/hp milotic
  • Any togekiss with sdef investment
The sheer-power of this eevee is rather potent, however, it is walled by resistances and takes forever to set-up. I suppose you could not use an exploder, and instead set-up this team as a two-poke revenge-kill monster.

...long story short, only use it if you desperately want to have a gimmick-eevee team... that being said, it is a viable gimmick-team none the less.

Alright, what can be done for MAXIUMUM eevee power, you can do the following:

Eevee:
Brave
Attacks:
  • Endure
  • Flail
You'll also need A focus-sash electrode AND lunatone/solrock/bronzong with a focus-sash.

Turn 1: Eevee uses endure, goes down to 1Hp.
Turn 2:Switch to electrode, hangs on with focus sash
Turn 3: Explode
Turn 4: Bring in solrock* and use trick-room. (survive with focus-sash)
Turn 5: Explode the solrock
Turn 6: Eevee comes in and uses flail with choice-band and 400BP
yes because they will not use any ghost...

yes because they will not use any ghost...
The sheer-power of this eevee is rather potent, however, it is walled by resistances and takes forever to set-up. I suppose you could not use an exploder, and instead set-up this team as a two-poke revenge-kill monster.

...long story short, only use it if you desperately want to have a gimmick-eevee team... that being said, it is a viable gimmick-team none the less.
Ikaeru never said it was flawless.

It'd require the aid of a spinner and a gengar/frosslass/whatever on the team to handle ghosts/spikes/sr to be in any way shape or form viable, but with that in mind, it is still viable. Only in UU, though. Sandstream, obviously, eats this little guy.

Eevee is useful if it has good IV's and you're breeding a Pokemon with that similar egg group for good IV's. Then it can be helpful and useful. I used an Octillery that I had with good IV's to breed with a female Poliwag to pass on good IV's.

Two words: Little Cup. How's that thing coming along anyway?

In a standard match, Ikaeru probably has that. I'm just wondering...

Eevee:
Brave

er...what's the SAtk for?

Investing in any def/hp stat COULD result in not getting OHKO'd (survival with sash.) Speed would debilitate trick-room's ability to function properly. Satk is the only other possibility, then. The set would perform perfectly well with only 252 evs in attack, but then you'd run the risk of "accidentally conaminating" the other stats while leveling-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)