Other Inverse Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
This was an OM in Gen 5 called Type Chart Swap or something like that. Maybe Gamefreak liked the idea.

Say, what happens to these in Reverse Battles?
-Freeze Dry
-Arena Trap & Magnet Pull (since immunities become weaknesses, what happens here? Also, can ghost types be trapped here with them now?)
-Powder moves

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
both would become kinda useless in inverse battles since yor better off using ice beam to hit water types neutral and magnezone loses its niche as a steel trapper since hidden power is weakened but it does have a really nice stab electric and steel typing which helps. Still its too slow and would b e ko'd easily with its bad typing

but look at scizor. It must be doing cartwheels since it could switch it to any fire move now.

Last edited:
This is an interesting concept tbh and yes my mind feels like its been put though a blender, mixed with brick, beef and bovril and drunk by james may.
But theres one question i have, because the competative scene especially the emulation PS etc is religiously bound to the main game (move types and mechanics) is it possible to battle a friend using the Inverse battle rules(over the 3DS system)? And the answer is fully dependent on that question. If the answer is yes then i would argue that by all means this should become a official tier.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Something to note is that, since Ghost are now weak to Normal instead of immune to it, Rapid Spin is unblockable.

both would become kinda useless in inverse battles since yor better off using ice beam to hit water types neutral and magnezone loses its niche as a steel trapper since hidden power is weakened but it does have a really nice stab electric and steel typing which helps. Still its too slow and would b e ko'd easily with its bad typing

but look at scizor. It must be doing cartwheels since it could switch it to any fire move now.
I know, I was mostly asking because I was curious.

Anything with Extremespeed (And ESPECIALLY anything that gets STAB with it) is automatically incredibly dangerous; you can't out-priority it except with another E-Speed user, so the best you can do is try to stall it out with pressure/protect abuse. Normal Arceus would be entirely untouchable after a single SD, and Linoone is a massive threat if it manages to get the Belly Drum off.

- Every physical attacker will carry Return if it can't learn a better normal. There's simply no reason not to.
- Spikes and Toxic Spikes hit everything now, meaning they will be omnipresent, as well as Rapid Spinning which can't be blocked anymore.
- Pokemon like Rhyperior and Aggron will still suck but for entirely different weaknesses.
- Thrash is the new Outrage.
- Dark, Fairy and Fighting are now Pursuit trapped.

My mind is boggled by too many things. Fun to theorymon.

Mega-Aggron looks very great in inverse battle =D
Filter turned into a real monster

It's look like a Shedinja, but with more HP

This is an interesting concept tbh and yes my mind feels like its been put though a blender, mixed with brick, beef and bovril and drunk by james may.
But theres one question i have, because the competative scene especially the emulation PS etc is religiously bound to the main game (move types and mechanics) is it possible to battle a friend using the Inverse battle rules(over the 3DS system)? And the answer is fully dependent on that question. If the answer is yes then i would argue that by all means this should become a official tier.
Nope. You cannot battle a friend online using Inverse rules. Gamefreak introduced two new types of battle(sky and inverse), yet you cannot battle others with their rules =/

Say, what happens to these in Reverse Battles?
-Freeze Dry
-Arena Trap & Magnet Pull (since immunities become weaknesses, what happens here? Also, can ghost types be trapped here with them now?)
-Powder moves
I'm pretty sure only type effectiveness is changed, other type based quirks and special move effects would probably remain the same.
I'm not 100% on Freeze Dry though.
That second part was referring to Avalugg. Ice + Steel is not perfect coverage.
...oh right! You are correct then.
Crunch would be ideal to round out the coverage, then.

- Every physical attacker will carry Return if it can't learn a better normal. There's simply no reason not to.
- Spikes and Toxic Spikes hit everything now, meaning they will be omnipresent, as well as Rapid Spinning which can't be blocked anymore.
- Pokemon like Rhyperior and Aggron will still suck but for entirely different weaknesses.
- Thrash is the new Outrage.
- Dark, Fairy and Fighting are now Pursuit trapped.

My mind is boggled by too many things. Fun to theorymon.
I'm not certain about the spikes either... especially in the case of Toxic Spikes, since not hitting Flying is specific to that move and not to its type.
In fact, status moves in general haven't really been tested for inverse battles. There's a lot we don't really know.

Mega-Aggron looks very great in inverse battle =D
Filter turned into a real monster

It's look like a Shedinja, but with more HP
I don't think you really understand what filter does... Filter only reduces SE hits by 1/4, which means they're still doing 1.5x damage - Filter or not, ten weaknesses is bad.

Meanwhile, shedinja itself is even worse, weak to six types including the top 4 attacking types (in my opinion).

Cartwheeling straight into his new 4x weaknesses - Bug and Grass - as well as his many other weaknesses.

Last edited:
Cartwheeling straight into his new 4x weaknesses - Bug and Grass - as well as his many other weaknesses.
Just Grass.

The type chart is incredibly imbalanced for Normal and Steel. Normal kills everything, Steel dies to everything.

Can anything survive an explosion without boosts?

Normal isn't this OP.

It's not Super Effective against everything, only neutral against all but Rock, Steel and Ghost.

Sure, nothing resists it but hey, Dragon was almost that way last gen and it wasn't too bad!

Normal isn't this OP.

It's not Super Effective against everything, only neutral against all but Rock, Steel and Ghost.

Sure, nothing resists it but hey, Dragon was almost that way last gen and it wasn't too bad!
Nothings super effective though.... At least dragon had 2 weaknesses.

Normal isn't this OP.

Dragon was only SE against 1 thing, and though only one resisted it, that resist was Steel - which is everywhere! Its an amazing type in regular play, in part because of dragons. Almost every team has at least 1 steel type if not more, which kept them in check.
And even then, people kept calling them overpowered! Dragons got sent off to ubers! Game Freak even stepped in to make a new type that counters them.
Inverse Normal however has literally nothing stopping it, as well as thrice as many SEs and only one weakness, and some powerful moves that make even Dragons envious. I'm talking Boom Burst, Facade, even last Resort is not just viable but really pwoerful!

I wouldn't say Ice is the new Steel type. It still only has 4 resistances as opposed to... what, ten? Though the lack of weaknesses is nice.
It's more comparable to Water than Steel though.
It's an Inverse Battle, Now Ice-types have only 1 weakness and 4 resistances, now Steel-types have 11 weaknesses and 3 resistances.

You're right! Steel-type cannot be compared to an Ice-type, it's more compared to a Shit-type!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)