ORAS Doubles OU Intimidate me please!

Hey guys, so i decided to make my way into doubles from singles OU. And really wanted to build a team around Mawile. And decided that Intimidate is such a great ability and even more so in doubles, i decided to have my second player in the core be milotic. anyways, here is my team! let me know what you think!

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
- Protect

So like i said, Mawile was the pokemon i really wanted to build the team around, this baby girl is the core of the team, with the excellent typing of Mega Mawile, the threat of intimidate pre-mega, she plays an excellent role all around. I had two choices trying to build this team, one was trick room, Mawile loves it, the other was just speed control/alot of support. I decided to go speed control/support role. As for her spread, pretty standard, Play rough to knock out those pesky dragons, Sucker punch to give that prio attack and make up for the lack of speed, and as of now, i've been playing with rock slide, really to answer major threats to mawile, like Char-Y and Talonflame.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 236 HP / 140 Def / 132 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

My baby girl Mawile HATES intimidate. And this beauty right here love's it. An obvious common intimidate user Landorous-T, can either make the choice of coming in and dropping an intimidate on my mawile and giving me a wonderful boost to SpA or let my mawile run amuck. While milotic wont be the greatest answer to Char-Y She is still a threat with a competitive boost, and also answers Garchomp/Landorous-T/Talonflame quite nicely. The spread is to keep her as tanky as possible and Recover is thrown in there because she is such a hard counter to intimidate i want her alive for as long as possible.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

This guy right here. He is in for that insanely powerful Draco Meteor, it OHKO's so much and he will be used as a fun little hit and run kind of pokemon. Honestly not too much more to say about him, Dark Pulse is there to hit Aegis/Cres for a super effective STAB. Flamethrower can take chunks out of most steel pokemon, while OHKO-ing Bisharp and Mawile. Fairies are an obvious threat, because of his typing so he will really be used as a hit and run pokemon.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Protect

My first support: Togekiss has follow me and tailwind. Tailwind to give my mawile and others a much needed speed boost, and follow me to take any single target shots aimed at my important mons such as a Char-Y solar beam at my milotic, or any fire move that isnt heat wave at my mawile. Air slash + Serene Grace gives me a nice super effective against common grass pokemon.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

So, Amoonguss is really my only answer to fairy at the moment, because im currently running rockslide on Mawile, instead of Iron Head, Amoonguss' Sludge bomb is my big fairy hitter. And honestly this is probably where my team is lacking the most, Fairies are pretty safe to switch in once they learn my mawile doesnt have iron head. But other than that, its a pretty classic Rage Powder Amoonguss, again drawing hits away from my important mons, another down side to this move set, is no giga drain, so less heals for my amoonguss.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-o-wisp
- Quick Guard

This was my last add to the team, and really my most flexable slot, Talonflame is just a strong all around pokemon, can answer common threats such as aegis/amoonguss/mega-venasaur. I went with Will-o-wisp to help spread some burn on those physical attackers, and the last move was really a toss up, I figured i didnt need another tailwind user, and quick guard just seemed like a viable option. But to be perfectly honest, i havnt gotten much use out of it after play testing it for a while.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Great team! I recommend aegislash over talonflame, as it forms a awesome core with hydreigon and togekiss, as well as giving u a better matchup with fairy. Also, you do not need Amoonguss as you already have togekiss as a redirector.

Hi Shinizter, glad to see someone using Mawile because unfortunately its not as good here in Doubles as it was in OU ;__; but its still usable.

Alright the first thing I recommend is that you change Togekiss for Landorus-T.
This helps immensely with M-Diancie, Talonflame, Heatran, and your Sun match up. You already have Amoonguss for redirection and Talonflame is a better Tailwind setter so its redundant having Togekiss. The rest of the suggestions are just move set changes \o/ I changed Mawile to Hyper Cutter so Bisharp can't go crazy with dual Intimidate mons. I also made it a lot faster so it can out speed things in Tailwind or after an Icy Wind and got rid of Rock Slide for Knock Off so things like Aegislash, Heatran, and Jirachi aren't free switches. Next is Milotic and I got rid of that "bad" Leftovers Recover set and made it Assault Vest with Mirror Coat something I've been wanting to try out. Takes basically any special hit and can OHKO in return, supports its teammates with Icy Wind, and keeps Intimidate users on their toes. For Hydreigon I changed it to Life Orb because we already have Choice Scarf Lando and AV Milotic so more mons without Protect could be difficult to play with. I changed Amoonguss' Sludge Bomb with Giga Drain because Rotom-W is a bigger threat than fairies when Talon and Mawile heavily pressure them. I don't know why you had Quick Guard on Talon (Wil-O-Wisp is a little more "common" but your team doesn't need it). I gave it Overheat>Flare Blitz to get the KO on M-Metagross despite a possible Intimidate, KO Ferrothorn without worrying about taking a crap ton of recoil, and not having to deal with Aegislash mind games. Also put Tailwind because I got rid of Togekiss and speed control is amazing and Protect because Protect is the best move in Doubles.

Looking over the team I realized it's weak to Spore D: so the slashes in the importable below is to sort of accommodate for that. Test out the team(doubles room is probably best because the ladder is terrible) if you don't like it or if you have any questions feel free to send me a message. Hope I was of some help :p

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles (doubles room :D)

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Milotic @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 236 HP / 140 Def / 80 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald/Sleep Talk
- Icy Wind
- Mirror Coat
- Hydro Pump

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast/Taunt/Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 228 Atk / 88 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 21 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Mawile: Out speeds Rotom-W and Lando-T in Tailwind

Milotic: Lives Adamant Double-Edge from Kangaskhan, out speeds Landorus-T in Tailwind

Hydreigon: nothing :D

Landorus-T: Lives Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch, takes 2 Adamant Life Orb Brave Birds from Talonflame, out speeds base 130's

Amoonguss: I messed with the speed IVs a little to out speed Camerupt before it mega evolves and before Trick Room goes up aside from that nothing :D

Talonflame: OHKOs M-Metagross with Overheat, pretty sure hashtag used this spread first so s/o to him :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)