[Insert Cheesy Title Here] Team

If any of you saw my last team, 'The Fast and The Furious', it was a complete failure. Basically, I put a bunch of revenge killers together and called it a team. So after that disappointment, I needed a new team. And here it is:

THINGS IN RED ARE EDITS​
THINGS IN GREEN ARE THE WAY THEY ARE NOW AFTER TRYING SUGGESTIONS​

This team is having a lot of problems when being walled by a Blissey. What can be changed to get around that?

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

To start my team, I needed a lead. So I chose Metagross, as suggested by ch00b.

Next, I wanted a Fire-Grass-Water core. Infernape-Celebi-Kingdra work great together.

Scizor changed to Gengar switched to Rotom-C.

Rotom-C is proved to be much more useful than Rotom-F or Scarfed Flygon. Changed to Heracross which is changed back to Scarf Flygon.GENGAR WORKED BETTER

IN-DEPTH

Metagross@Occa Berry
Clear Body
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake

Aerodactyl has been changed to Metagross. Metagross adds a threat to a lot of teams, with 252 HP, it can easily take a hit after setting up Stealth Rocks and then Exploding. Most leads will try and take it out with an Earthquake, seeing as that is much more common than Fire Blast. Most of the time, Earthquake does less than 50% which allows me to get off Rocks and Explode. When a lead does have Fire Blast, the Occa Berry allows me to survive easily and set up Rocks.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Blaze
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Thunder Punch

Swords Dance Infernape is giving my team the power it needs. Before switching to Physical Infernape, I was having a huge problem with Blissey, and a smaller one with Vaporeon. Close Combat can take out both of them no problem. Fire Punch allows for a lot of power as well. SD + STAB with Infernape can easily put a whole in any team. Stone Edge allows for extra type coverage, which can take out a Gyarados or Dragonite with ease.

Possible Changes: Heatran

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Modest
-Calm Mind
-Earth Power
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fire)

Celebi works great with Infernape. It adds not only a powerful Grass type, but also a Psychic. And when Celebi is able to set up a Calm Mind, it can also double as a SpD wall. Seeing how most fire types are special, Celebi can sometimes survive an attack and get off and Earth Power to take it out. Energy Ball is very usefull for taking out Swampert. Most of the time, Infernape's HP Grass won't be able to OHKO a Swampert. But a Grass Knot from Celebi will take it out no problem.

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
144 HP/160 Atk/40 SpD/164 Spe
Adamant
-Rest
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall

Possible Change: Rotom-W, Starmie

After testing Kingdra, I find that once it sets up and Rests, It does massive damage to the opponents team. Especially when the opponent sends out a wall, while they predict me to attack, I set up at least to DD's. Once Kingdra gets set up, It's basically game over. The only counter to Kingdra once it's set up is a Scarfed Flygon with Outrage.

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP/168 Def /88 Spe
Bold
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Leaf Storm

Gengar replaces Scizor which is replaced by Rotom-C. Rotom-C gives this team some much needed bulkyness, along with being a great crippler with Will-O-Wisp. Leaf Storm can take out whatever it needs to. Thunderbolt and Shadow just add some extra type coverage, along with powerful STAB attacks. With this moveset, Rotom-C can be a great asset to any team.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Rotom-C replaces Rotom-F replaces Scarfed Flygon which is changed back to Scarfed Flygon. Flygon is now the best Scarfer in the OU tier. Earthquake and Outrage can take out basically whatever it needs to. Fire Punch allows for some very useful extra type coverage which assists in getting rid of Pesky Grass types that can take out some useful members of my team. Then U-Turn is very useful for scouting the opponents team which will help out in the end.
SCARFED GENGAR WORKED BETTER. Gengar seems to be a much better Revenge Killer which helps this team a whole lot. Gengar can almost always take out whatever it needs to with this moveset, if it can't something else on this team resists it no problem.

Your Aerodactyl set contains a typo, you've written "@ Choice Scarf" but your description says focus sash (which seems to be the correct item).

You might want to replace your Gyarados with Swampert, who still completes the FWG core but can handle Flygon and even Starmie, to an extent. He also provides some much-needed bulkiness to your otherwise frail offensive team.

You make a bad assumption with Gengar-they very commonly carry HP Fire to deal with Scizor-switch ins.

Flygon is also a weak point on your team and doesn't contribute much, and leaves you even more vulnerable to opposing dragon types. A Rotom appliance would make a good replacement.

Thanks for the reply, and letting me know about the typo.

You might want to replace your Gyarados with Swampert, who still completes the FWG core but can handle Flygon and even Starmie, to an extent. He also provides some much-needed bulkiness to your otherwise frail offensive team.
I thought about that while making the team, but I wanted a physical which is why I chose Gyarados. I was probably going to change it to a Kingdra, which could also deal with Starmie, to an extent.

You make a bad assumption with Gengar-they very commonly carry HP Fire to deal with Scizor-switch ins.
Thanks for letting me know about this. What would you suggest as a replacement?

Flygon is also a weak point on your team and doesn't contribute much, and leaves you even more vulnerable to opposing dragon types. A Rotom appliance would make a good replacement.
Great suggestion. Only problem is, I don't see which Rotom appliance would fit. The best one I can see is standard Rotom, or Rotom-F. I would use Rotom-F for a useful Ice type to counter Flygon, along with resisting all of its moves.

Hello there, solid team. Not much of a rater but I'll try.

First off, change the ability on your Kindgra. Sniper after all is not a very good ability seeing as you don't have any luck moves, (e.g. stone edge) swift swim is much better considering it can make great use of the rain if its present.

Your Rotom-F does NOT have an ice typing, after all it is still gen 4 this team is in. So it really doesnt provide a helpful ice typing. I'd also like to change your Celebi to a Rotom-C as the standard bulky one, as it has some key resistances this team needs. Like fighting and ground. It also supports this team well as it can cripple many of Infernape's counters such as Lucario seeing as you do not carry vacuum wave. And always use HP grass over grass knot. Grass knot in general deals more damange.

Rotom-C(TheCh00b)@Leftovers
252 HP/168 Def/88 Spe Bold (+Def -Atk)
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fighting/Leaf Storm

Most people know that Aerodactyl is going to taunt. Therefore I suggest you changing your Aerodactyl with a Metagross/Swampert lead. Metagross always gets up rocks, deals some damage with mash or earthquake and deals a final explosion that can leave a gapping hole in any team. Swampert on the other hand can serve as a defensive wall seeing as your team lacks a defensive core, Swampert also helps scatter residual damage by roaring around the opponent's team, this way he can also scout for potential switch ins and scout.

Metagross@Occa Berry/Lum Berry (depending on fear of Azelf)
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash

Swampert@Leftovers
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD Relaxed (+Def -Spe)
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar

Your Gengar carrying HP fire concerns me because HP fire gives Gengar an inperfect speed stat and scarfers like Gengar and Starmie can deal massive damage to the Gengar therefore crippling it, therefore I advise putting trick on it. As for the Rotom-F things like Lucario can come in on a shadow ball or thunderbolt and set-up, but seeing as you have a Gengar and possible Rotom-C Lucario is no problem. The Kingdra I'd like to change to the resto chesto bulky set as your team has some problems with Starmie and the bulkier the Kingdra is the better. The Kingdra also maintains the water resist you needed. Along with Kingdra's amazing movepool and key resistances and its natural bulk you can set up DDs and proceed to rest and sweep. The Rotom-F is something I don't know what to switch to. I see you also wanted a ice move to counter flygon. Seeing as this kindgra is really bulky it can live a STAB scarf outrage from flygon no problem and own it with a waterfall or outrage.

Kingdra@Chesto Berry
144 HP/160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)
-Rest
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall

Good luck with the team!

Ch00b

Thanks for the response!

Your Rotom-F does NOT have an ice typing, after all it is still gen 4 this team is in. So it really doesnt provide a helpful ice typing.
I'm aware that Rotom-F doesn't have an ice typing. I meant that it can learn a powerful Ice move to counter some dragons, but I do plan on changing it.

I'd also like to change your Celebi to a Rotom-C as the standard bulky one, as it has some key resistances this team needs. Like fighting and ground.
I considered putting a Rotom-C in this team when I was making it, but I felt that Celebi was much more useful. Although, I will exchange Rotom-F for Rotom-C.

Most people know that Aerodactyl is going to taunt. Therefore I suggest you changing your Aerodactyl with a Metagross/Swampert lead. Metagross always gets up rocks, deals some damage with mash or earthquake and deals a final explosion that can leave a gapping hole in any team. Swampert on the other hand can serve as a defensive wall seeing as your team lacks a defensive core, Swampert also helps scatter residual damage by roaring around the opponent's team, this way he can also scout for potential switch ins and scout.
Great suggestion. I plan on changing the Aerodactyl to a Metagross.

Kingdra@Chesto Berry
144 HP/160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe Adamant (+Atk -SAtk)
-Rest
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
Another great suggestion! Thanks again.

Your Gengar carrying HP fire concerns me because HP fire gives Gengar an inperfect speed stat and scarfers like Gengar and Starmie can deal massive damage to the Gengar therefore crippling it, therefore I advise putting trick on it.
I see what you mean. I didn't realize it lowered the speed stat. Therefore, I will be changing HP Fire, but not to trick. I think Sludge Bomb would be much more useful; since it has STAB and a useful Poison typing.

The difference is Rotom-C can switch in. Gengar can't. However placing trick on Gengar with the right prediction can really cripple a team. After scouting an opponent, tricking and crippling an opposing Poke is always helpful.

And as the ch00b said, Chestorest Kindgra will function much better.

Your only real problem is your lead, and your general frail-ness of the time. Replacing Rotom-F will be pretty helpful.

Thanks for the response! As of now, I've edited my team to fix all of the problems stated. If you guys see any more let me know :)

hey got your pm

Dude you'll need to add a couple descriptions. It's great that metagross has replaced aerodactyl and all, but tell me what it does for your team. Same story with some other members.

OK, first of all, Metagross can be improved. Lead Heatran are absolutely everywhere now, and Overheat will OHKO even with an Occa Berry. Therefore, I recommend changing Metagross to a TrickScarf set. Jolly with max attack and speed, with the moves Trick, SR, EQ and Meteor Mash. Few Heatran carry Shuca Berries now, and this lets you outspeed and immediately KO them. It's also a decent revenge killer and can cripple things like Swampert with a Scarf

I've never used NP Infernape, I prefer the mixed kind, but if it works for you, cool. Afraid I can't help you with that. From your description I guess it works though

For Celebi, you're gonna want recover on there buddy. I recommend taking away earth power, since heatran will probably be lured out my metagross and taken out, and kingdra can set up on it. With LO, something as bulky as celebi appreciates recovery. If you play PO, you can replace CM with Nasty Plot. If that's the case make it Timid nature

For the rest I'm gonna need some descriptions. I don't understand why you have two ghosts and no entry hazard to spinblock. I'll do a better rate when I understand what your team actually accomplishes. It seems like you just accepted and changed every suggestion given to you

Dont use focus blast on infernape or sludge bomb on gengar. use cc on infernape so you dont get walled by blissy and sub on gengar so you dont get raped.

Thanks for the replies.

Dude you'll need to add a couple descriptions. It's great that metagross has replaced aerodactyl and all, but tell me what it does for your team. Same story with some other members.
Sorry about that, I've been busy this week and I'm planning on fixing it when I get the chance.

OK, first of all, Metagross can be improved. Lead Heatran are absolutely everywhere now, and Overheat will OHKO even with an Occa Berry. Therefore, I recommend changing Metagross to a TrickScarf set. Jolly with max attack and speed, with the moves Trick, SR, EQ and Meteor Mash. Few Heatran carry Shuca Berries now, and this lets you outspeed and immediately KO them. It's also a decent revenge killer and can cripple things like Swampert with a Scarf
Unlike what you stated, I haven't been seeing many Heatran leads at all, and so far the Metagross set I have has been working just fine. So with that, I'll leave it. And for Swampert, I usually just switch into Celebi and set up which helps do a lot of damage to the opponent's team.

For Celebi, you're gonna want recover on there buddy. I recommend taking away earth power, since heatran will probably be lured out my metagross and taken out, and kingdra can set up on it. With LO, something as bulky as celebi appreciates recovery. If you play PO, you can replace CM with Nasty Plot. If that's the case make it Timid nature.
I've tried putting recover on Celebi and the Calm Mind set seems to work a lot better. And Heatran is also lured out by Celebi, which allows me to set up Kingdra as well. And as for switching Calm Mind with Nasty Plot, I find that the extra SpD helps a lot. Switching Celebi to a Timid nature sounds like a good idea since it can easily outrun Heatran (unless it has a scarf) and take it out with an Earth Power, another reason why Earth Power works better than Recover.

Dont use focus blast on infernape or sludge bomb on gengar. use cc on infernape so you dont get walled by blissy and sub on gengar so you dont get raped.
I've tried the MixApe set, and I find that this works much better. And as for Sludge Bomb on Gengar, I plan to keep that there. And if I do change it, it wont be for Sub because Gengar is my revenge killer. But, I have been getting walled by Blissey a lot, so I plan on changing one of the members of my team (not sure which) to a physical sweeper which would help a whole lot. If you have any ideas on what I should switch, please let me know.

joshe

the best
The Pokemon on your team have some pretty good synergy with eachother but you aren't using them to their fullest potential imo. A team like this should be focused around trying to beat everyone's counters as best as you can and hopefully you can pull off a sweep by breaking through the opponents defenses. Mainly, I see Vaporeon having a heck of a time with this team as it is light-weight and Infernapes Grass Knot won't be doing so much to it, and Kingdra can't get past it without being forced into Outrage. Celebi can even have a tough time with it because Grass Knot only has 60 base power when hitting Vaporeon. One thing I'm going to suggest is that you change Celebi's moveset around a little. Firstly, put Leftovers on Celebi; Celebi doesn't really benefit from the boost Life Orb gives as Calm Mind Celebi should really be used as a bulky sweeper to defeat the likes of Suicune, Swampert, Vaporeon, and other bulky Pokemon that will give Kingdra, Infernape, and Gengar trouble. This also gives Celebi some much needed recovery without you having to be forced to use recover and waste a moveslot. Secondly, you should really use Energy Ball over Grass knot to not only have a higher base power move to deal with the likes of Vaporeon, Rotom-a, and other Pokemon neutral to the Grass-type move that will more than likely be light-weight. The things you'd be using Grass Knot to defeat will still be defeated through the use of Energy Ball. Thirdly, Hidden Power [Fire] is such a great move on Calm Mind Celebi as it allows you to get through the mass of steels in this steel abundant metagame. Pokemon such as Skarmory, Bronzong, Scizor, and Forretress can't wall you anymore and Kingdra and Gengar really enjoy when Scizor and the rest of the steel types are gone. Psychic has terrible coverage anyway as it can only hit Fighting-types in OU and most of them can be hit with a Super-Effective Earth Power (Infernape, Lucario). Machamp can't take very many +1 Energy Balls anyway. Using these moves allows Celebi to better support his team in helping to get rid of Infernape's and Kingdra's counters and checks. Also Timid is pretty cool to act as a Jolly Lucario check just in a pinch.

Okay, so with Celebi taken care of, you said you had trouble with Blissey. Look no further than Gengar to help you with that. A Sub Pain Split Gengar should really help you out against the likes of her, and you shouldn't really have to worry about Scizor with you having a lure in Celebi and with Kingdra and Infernape to set up on the Bullet Punch if you predict wrong. Life Orb Gengar is a force on its own too; Life Orb Shadow Balls usually 2HKO everything that doesn't resist it or is a dedicated defensive wall. Focus Blast rounds out the final attack move on this set and it gives Gengar perfect -type coverage alongside Shadow Ball. It also helps you take care of Tyranitar and other things weak to it. Pain Split serves as a nice recovery move and thanks to Gengar's low HP Stat, the opposing Pokemon will get a chunk taken out of its HP nearly every time, supplying you with HP to keep setting up Substitutes and firing off Life Orb Shadow Balls. It has 32 PP too so you can essentially stall Blissey out of Wish / Protect PP or Softboiled PP, freeing you up to fire off Focus Blasts at it until it dies. I don't think Scarf Gengar fits your team very well anyway as it solely can come in to revenge something, not scout or check things like other Choice Scarf users can.

On the term of Choice Scarfer, I think you should just put Flygon back in the last spot over Rotom-C (or Heracross now??). You don't have to dedicate a Pokemon slot on your team to defeating one Pokemon; you can just make the other Pokemon on your team work toward defeating Blissey themselves. Flygon is the best Choice Scarf user in this OU metagame now, imo as it checks nearly everything with its STAB Outrage and Earthquake. You can scout with U-turn which really helps on an offensive team such as this, and you can check / revenge Gyarados pretty easily with ThunderPunch or Stone Edge. I think it should serve as a very good asset to your team with the Electric resist and overall utility now that your team is a little more focused on certain goals.

Finally, I'd very much like you to try out a Swords Dancing Infernape for several reasons. Firstly, nothing can really wall it due to its incredible STABs and supporting coverage moves and secondly, you can pretty much beat any counter Kingdra can't get past. Vaporeon gets raped by a +2 Close Combat (95.3% - 112.5%), Skarmory gets raped by a +2 Fire Punch (93.4% - 110.2%) / Flare Blitz (149.1% - 176%), and Gyarados gets raped by a +1 Thunderpunch (Impish Gyarados: 116% - 137.4%) or a +2 Stone Edge (103.3% - 121.6%). It also gives you something to absolutely destroy stall with. At +2 you're doing 86.8% - 102% to the Standard Defensive Swampert and you OHKO nearly anything stall can put out when at +2. The only thing that can hope to take a +2 CC on stall is Hippowdon, and even it takes 71.7% - 84.5% from the Fighting-type move. You OHKO Blissey with it btw ;) With Swords Dance you don't have to rely on Focus Blast which will usually miss in crucial situations and if it does miss, Infernape is a wasted moveslot every single battle so I would seriously give some thought to SD Ape if I were you.

Oh and I always use Stealth Rock / Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch / Explosion or Earthquake on Metagross leads. Machamp is still a pretty common lead and being able to 2HKO it with Meteor Mash is pretty cool, but it's all personal preference with this one I suppose.

Good Luck with your team :)

First off, I wanna say thanks for replying, especially with how much you wrote xD

Firstly, put Leftovers on Celebi; Celebi doesn't really benefit from the boost Life Orb gives as Calm Mind Celebi should really be used as a bulky sweeper to defeat the likes of Suicune, Swampert, Vaporeon, and other bulky Pokemon that will give Kingdra, Infernape, and Gengar trouble. This also gives Celebi some much needed recovery without you having to be forced to use recover and waste a moveslot. Secondly, you should really use Energy Ball over Grass knot to not only have a higher base power move to deal with the likes of Vaporeon, Rotom-a, and other Pokemon neutral to the Grass-type move that will more than likely be light-weight.
Energy Ball over Grass Knot was a good idea. But putting Leftovers on Celebi doesn't work for me. And I have been having a small problem with Vaporeon (not that it can kill anything, but it stalls me out) so Energy Ball is a great idea.

A Sub Pain Split Gengar should really help you out against the likes of her, and you shouldn't really have to worry about Scizor with you having a lure in Celebi and with Kingdra and Infernape to set up on the Bullet Punch if you predict wrong. Life Orb Gengar is a force on its own too
If I was looking for another sweeper, I would have Life Orb Gengar, but I needed a Revenge Killer that outspeeds almost everything without a priority, which was the problem with Scizor.

On the term of Choice Scarfer, I think you should just put Flygon back in the last spot over Rotom-C (or Heracross now??). You don't have to dedicate a Pokemon slot on your team to defeating one Pokemon; you can just make the other Pokemon on your team work toward defeating Blissey themselves. Flygon is the best Choice Scarf user in this OU metagame now, imo as it checks nearly everything with its STAB Outrage and Earthquake. You can scout with U-turn which really helps on an offensive team such as this, and you can check / revenge Gyarados pretty easily with ThunderPunch or Stone Edge.
I was thinking about putting Flygon back, but I needed a Physical Fighting type which is why I put in Heracross. So I guess I'll try it again.

Finally, I'd very much like you to try out a Swords Dancing Infernape for several reasons. Firstly, nothing can really wall it due to its incredible STABs and supporting coverage moves and secondly, you can pretty much beat any counter Kingdra can't get past.
I was hesitant about putting a physical Infernape on this team, but after reading your statistics I couldn't resist. I'll test that and hope it works.

With putting Flygon back, I wanted to add some bulkyness to my team, which is why I am changing Gengar to Rotom-C, which was great with this team. It keeps the Ghost typing that I need along with a good crippler with Will-O-Wisp.

Again, thanks for the reply.

BUMP but only because I'm still having trouble while facing Blissey. Blissey easily walls this team which poses a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)