Infamous is my name, secks is ma game 8 -)

Team at a glance

changes in green

SPEED RACER
Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP

~U-Turn
~Thunder Punch
~Flare Blitz
~Close Combat

My lead pokemon and also one of my main sweepers, since most lead-off Infernape's are choice skarfed, I figured why not try to catch them off guard and use banded Ape(maybe the name will even make some people think x). Pretty standard banded ape set, not real sure on any ev spread for it except for the standard 252/252/4.

SKY SHINOBI
Gliscor @ leftovers
Impish nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
~Stealth Rocks
~Roost
~Ice Fang
~Earthquake

Cool physical wall. Sets up SR for me, counters Hera, Lucario and Chompy (not counting the VERY uncommon CHainChomps).

This set covers most of my teams threats I think. Ice Fang for them dragons, Earthquake for things like Lucario or other physical stat boosters.
Roost is for the needed instant recovery move. Without it, Gliscor is nothing. =[
SR for extra team support, which this team lacks anyways.
*If anyone knows obi's gliscor set, the 1 that could live a zapdos' HP Ice lemme know

LIBELLDRA
Metagross @ life orb
Adamant nature
152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
~Bullet Punch
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Thunder Punch/Ice punch

One of my main physical sweepers, life orb makes it even stronger than it already is, meta. also provides much needed type coverage on my team. I am debating whether to use AGILITYgross or the set I have above

ONYXIA
Garchomp @ yache berry or leftovers
~Substitute
~Sword Dance
~Dragon claw/ Outrage
~Earthquake

My late game sweeper, i am debating to put Outrage because he is my late game sweeper, and after those steels are gone hes hard to take out, especially after a sword dance

STARBURST
Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
172 HP / 120 SpA / 216 Spe
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Thunder Bolt

My only real Special sweeper, So it is important he stays alive, that is why he has recover. I run timid because it can outspeed a 1 dragon dance gyarados, without it gyara could rip through my team.

KIRBY
Blissey @ leftovers
Bold Nature
142 HP/252 Defense/104 Sp.Atk/4 speed
~Ice Beam
~Seismic Toss
~Toxic
~Soft Boil

I absolutely can't stand stall wars,so that is why I run toxic on Blissey and not thunder wave, plus my team is pretty fast as it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Threat List
Dragon Dance Salamence - Gliscor
Spec'd Salamence - Blissey
Mix Salamence - starmie
Toy Salamence - starmie
Garchomp - starmie takes care of most,
Cb chomp - Starmie
Choice Skarf chomp - depends what move he uses 1st, could be a problem =/
Celebi - ape, blissey
Jirachi- flare blitz from ape should get it done along with garchomp
Heatran- blissey, blow up on me lol idc
Yanmega- blissey
Breloom- starmie if not behind a sub, gliscor if not asleep can get the job done.
Lucario - Infernape,Garchomp,Gliscor
Togekiss - Blissey, and infernape with t punch
Blissey - All my Phy sweepers
Tyranitar - Garchomp,Infernape,Metagross
Infernape - Starmie
Porygon-Z - Blissey
Mamoswine - Meta(if faster)
Electivire- Gliscor,Garchomp,Infernape
Heracross- Gliscor
Gyarados- Ape, Starmie
Suicine - Ape and Blissey

* I need alot of EV spread help :(

ok, why do u have my sig? is it just a bug? if it's not u should really practice what you preach ;).
ugh idk why i have your sig :s

and lol no i do not want dragonite, stealth rocks hurt pretty good and w/o a spinneri cant switch him in and out much.That isnt the only reason i wouldnt go with him but 1 of the main reasons

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would recomend putting Mach Punch somewhere on Infernape, since priority moves can always come in handy. If you don't like Flare Blitz's recoil, you can also try out Blaze Kick, but the drop in power can be a letdown.

If Starmie is going to be a "sweeper", then I suggest giving her a Life Orb, or a Expert Belt at the very least. Add more EV's into SpAtk. 299 SpAtk isn't exactly the highest compared to other pokemon Starmie competes with when it comes to hitting hard on the special side, so you should make the most of it.

And just some notes for your threat list. You say that Infernapes ThunderPunch counters Togekiss. A SE ThunderPunch is 150 BP, while Close Combat and Flare Blitz are both 180 BP since they get STAB. ThunderPunch is ONLY worth using against 4x weak pokemon, aka, Gyarados. For this reason, I suggest replacing ThunderPunch with Mach Punch (or Stone Edge).

Try Ice Fang over Aerial Ace on Gliscor.

Electivire can give you a lot of trouble if it's running Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / HP Ice / Cross Chop. A minimum 2HKO on everything on your team, and if it switches into Starmie's TBolt, you have nothing to outspeed it.

I would recomend putting Mach Punch somewhere on Infernape, since priority moves can always come in handy. If you don't like Flare Blitz's recoil, you can also try out Blaze Kick, but the drop in power can be a letdown.

If Starmie is going to be a "sweeper", then I suggest giving her a Life Orb, or a Expert Belt at the very least. Add more EV's into SpAtk. 299 SpAtk isn't exactly the highest compared to other pokemon Starmie competes with when it comes to hitting hard on the special side, so you should make the most of it.

And just some notes for your threat list. You say that Infernapes ThunderPunch counters Togekiss. A SE ThunderPunch is 150 BP, while Close Combat and Flare Blitz are both 180 BP since they get STAB. ThunderPunch is ONLY worth using against 4x weak pokemon, aka, Gyarados. For this reason, I suggest replacing ThunderPunch with Mach Punch (or Stone Edge).

Try Ice Fang over Aerial Ace on Gliscor.

Electivire can give you a lot of trouble if it's running Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / HP Ice / Cross Chop. A minimum 2HKO on everything on your team, and if it switches into Starmie's TBolt, you have nothing to outspeed it.

My starmie does have life orb o.o maybe more sp atk is needed.

Gliscor i ment to put ice fang, i thought i changed that but guess not... thanks for pointing that out

Blaze kick or Flare blitz... im having a tough time deciding this.Anyone have suggestion on what works best for them or what not =/

and ty for pointing out flare blitz and close combat would do more to togekiss and others unless having a x4 weakness

anything else, i have a feeling there is a poke thats gonna give me alot of trouble lol but idk why I just feel like im forgetting to counter someone =/

Suicune can take down an ape easily and cm up so beat a bliss. E-vire can give your team some troubles if you charge it up late game despritly trying to kill a gyara, so I would give your chomp a yache berry. I can also see cress as a problem for this team. Your best bet is metagross or blissey and when cress gets some sp.att boosts you can run into trouble. Ape can hit cress pretty hard with flare blitz though so if you don't get a better cress counter I would go for flare blitz on ape. Something is telling me a gengar would fit in better than starmie for anti-spin. If you make that switch just give it hidden power ice to take care of chomps. Just what I saw though. Nice job building this team it looks solid enough.

I think with Starmie if your gonna use a Lifeorb then don't use the more bulky EV spread as they compromise eachother too much. Maybe just go standard sweeper EV's of 4Hp/252SpA/252Spe if Starmie is primary special sweeper.

With Metagross, give it a leftovers or a Choice Band. Metagross is not very fragile, and can take a few hits. So, use Leftovers to use it as a Tank/sweeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)