Incineroar Singles (QC 0/3)

[OVERVIEW]

Incineroar is a Fire/Dark type with good Attack and a sp.def and def staf of 90 base stats. He has a bad speed stat so he can be used under Trick Room! He has some nice Physical Moves:

*Flare Blitz
*Darkest Lariat
*Earthquake
*Brick Break
*Cross Chop
*Outrage

And he can also support your team by burning Opponents with Will-O-Wisp! He can also gain you momentum by switching out with a slow U-Turn.

[SET]
name: Bulky Physical Attacker
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Darkest Lariat
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: U-turn
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Blaze (Intimidate when released)
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 252 ATK/ 252 HP/ 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

*With this EV spread and item you become very bulky in SP.Def.

* You can gain momentum with a slow U-Turn.

*Earthquake lets you do Super effective damage on Tapu Koko.

*With 252 ATK and an Adamant Nature you maximize your physical damage.

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Darkest Lariat
move 3:Brick Break
move 4: Earthquake
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Blaze (Intimidate when released)
Nature: Adamant
EVS:252 HP/252 ATK/4 SP.DEF

[SET COMMENTS]
*Choice band,Adamant nature and 252 ATK evs are gonna max out your attack so you can do massive damage!

*Earthquake lets you OHKO tapu Koko!
*Darkest Lariat has a 30% chance to OHKO Tapu Lele,so thats for sure a 2HKO.

*Darkest Lariat OHKO's Mimikyu

*Brick Break is nice for breaking Aurora Veil, Light Screen or Reflect.

*Flare Blitz 2HKO's Mamoswine!

*You can also replace Brick Break or Earthquake with Outrage but being locked into Outrage with so many fairys around is not nice.

*U-Turn is also an option instead of Brick Break to gain momentum.

===Team Options===

*A Pokémon that profits from slow U-Turn will like Incineroar as teammate! So Mimikyu and Pheromosa are Nice!

*Tapu Koko is nice to counter Water/Fairy types like Azumarill and Primarina because they are easily gonna kill Incineroar.

*A Ground immunity is nice because Ground moves are destroying Incineroar.

===Checks And Counters===

*Primarina: Primarina resists both Incineroar's STAB moves and OHKO's with Sparkling Area,Scald or Hydro Pump!

*Azumarill: Same scenario as Primarina but its gonna destroy with Aqua Jet.

*Garchomp: Garchomp resists his Fire type moves and is bulky enough to live a darkest lariat, and Garchomp can easily OHKO Incineroar with Earthquake.

*Tapu Fini: Tapu Fini resists Incineroar's STAB moves and OHKO'S with Muddy Water.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know you recently got hit with the whole Buzzwole thing, but I want to be clear: this one is on me. Long story short, I forgot to update the skeleton thread because everyone was using the preview thread.

Incineroar was there because it was a prebank thing. After Pokebank's release, the competition between Fire-types became far more intense, so Incineroar loses a lot of its selling points. Until some likely crazy Japanese teams makes us all go "OOOOH that's how you use Incineroar", I don't think it deserves an analysis in today's environment.

Sorry about that, gotta gotta give this a QC Rejected for now :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)