XY OU In-game Mega-Charizard X Team

Hello, I am new in this forum but I've been around in Poke-Showdown since a few months now. However, now that I finally got Pokemon X, I wanted to build a competitive team, and I encounter that many moves are hard to learn (like Firepunch in Charizard, which can only be taught in 5th gen) so I decided to built a new one and ask for some feedback.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

This here is my lead. I tried running several more leads but since my entire team it's medium-slow, I decided to use Sticky Web as help. I use Focus Sash so Sticky Web is sure to be on the field in case something faster get Galvantula. I decided to use Swarm instead of Compound Eyes since I don't use Thunder, and this is because I choose Volt Switch in case I needed to switch, since the only useful thing for Galvantula is setting Sticky Web and use Bug Buzz along with Swarm in case I encounter something it can be weak against Bug. Energy Ball it's for coverage, since I don't have any Grass moves.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect

I choose Rotom-Wash because of his defensive features and how well it fits in my team. Since I have three pokemon that are weak to Fire, two to Water and three more to Ground; Rotom-Wash can cover this types, with Levitate (having problems with Mold Breaker) it covers Ground, and I assure to remain a little more on the field using Sitrus Berry, actually I choose this instead of Chesto berry since Reflect could be more helpful than Rest. I tested Reflect already and it did a lot of help along with Will-O-Wisp, the only thing that I was concern was if Light Screen wasn't a better choice, but I haven't tested yet.
Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump are for STAB and also for eliminate threats towards my other Pokemons.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Ice Fang
- Fling
- Roost

Gliscor was a happy choice of mine, since I was needed for a more bulky/defensive Pokemon with good defensive types and some Ice move and then I ran into Gliscor, which it's been pretty helpful in the test I've did. Acrobatics it's a pretty good STAB move that it works along with Fling to badly poison the enemy; its types gives it immunity to Ground, and resistance for Bug, Fighting and Poison, which Fighting was a problem in my team being super effective against Excadrill, which is my rapid spinner. Ice Fang isn't very powerful but with Roost and Poison Heal I've managed to take down some threats

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide
Excadrill it's really helpful since it hits hard with Earthquake, eliminates Stealth Rocks and it covers a good amount of types. Air Ballon it's for safety against Ground, I thought on using Gliscor or Rotom for Ground threats but sometimes I need to use Rapid Spin and Air Ballon gives me a free switch. Besides that, Protect it's for get time and see what's the move the other Pokemon its using. Besides, I couldn't put Iron Head (which was my prior election) because this is a in-game team, and Iron Head it's not easy to obtain in X.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

This is my main Pokemon. I did this team starting with this Pokemon, since Mega-Charizard X it's my Dragon Dancer of choice. I use Charizard as a later-sweeper, or in case I need it I use it mid-game and switch for later. It gives me a lot of helpful switches and then it's when I use DD. I use Flare Blitz instead of Fire Punch since it can only be obtain in 5th gen by egg move I believe. I decided to use a bulky EV set up since It can resist some damage along with Roost. I've tried the standard 252 Atk / 252 Spe but I think this set works better.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- U-turn
- Pursuit

This guy is my hit-man, my Revenge Killer. Since my entire team it's pretty slow I needed some priority moves, I thought about Azumarrill, Bisharp and Scizor, but the combination of Technician, STAB, Choice Band and Priority seemed to me a better choice, besides that, Brick Break was choose over Superpower because of the in-game trouble, but even with BB I can 2HKO Ferrothorn and Magnezone (even tho I use Excadrill for Magnezone since it's faster, it has Mold Breaker and mostly because Scizor can't resist one hit from Hidden Power Fire).
I also liked Scizor due to its good defensive skills, since it doesn't stay much in the field, it can take a hit and then switch-out, or use U-turn in case I'm dealing with Tyranitar, Starmie, etc.

This is my team, I hope you to be constructive and critical about it. Like I said, this is a in-game team, so don't forget to think that when you give me your advice.
Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)