In a world without Garchomp (suspect team)

With the removal of Garchomp I'm finding a lot of tactics that are becoming more viable and old favorites of mine that went in the trash due to chomp simply being too overwhelmingly strong are easier to use, team is mostly meant to stall while my other team was more balanced, I haven't tried a good stall team since the advent of yachechomp though so I figure it might be fun to do again:

Swampert, Relaxed nature, 240hp/216def/52sp. atk @ leftovers
Surf
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar

Somewhat standard mixpert, mostly used as a lead for stealth rock. Also packs enough punch to threaten speed taunters. If he survives lead role, he comes back later in the game as a ttar/heatran counter. I went with roar over ice beam so I don't get fucked by setups, most of the leads out there who fear ice beam aren't ones that pert wants to stay in on anyways.

Porygon2, Modest nature, 240hp/164def/12sp. atk/92sp. def @ Leftovers
Discharge
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Ground)
Recover

Somewhat standard PG2. He's beastly in the chompless metagame, with trace he can counter quite a few threats. HP ground is mostly for Magnezone and Heatran, with Discharge there for paralysis. Gyarados is terrified of taking any electric attack so the slightly lowered power is of little concern, as it makes it more effective against a stalling Vaporeon.

Weezing, Bold nature, 252hp/252def/4sp. atk @ Black Sludge
Fire Blast
Thunder Bolt
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

Weezing is really a great physical wall, he is similar to Gliscor in his role, countering Lucario and Heracross but without that really ugly x4 ice weakness. Gliscor has better recovery but Weezing also threatens Gyarados and Weavile. Will-O-Wisp is just there to be a pain in the ass, if he hits a physical pokemon with it they are pretty much useless unless the enemy is running heal bell, which isn't that common in OU.

Celebi, Bold nature, 252hp/220def/36spe @ Leftovers
Grass Knot
Leech Seed
Recover
Heal Bell/Thunder Wave

Undecided on last slot, but Celebi + Weezing is about as solid as a physical walling combination gets without Chomp around. Celebi has the psychic resist and good recovery that Weezing lacks, while still being resistant to fighting. On the other hand, Weezing does not have all of those terrible weaknesses that make her unable to handle threats like Heracross and LO gyarados.

Tentacruel, Calm nature, 204hp/96sp. atk/172sp. def/36spe @ Black Sludge
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Surf
Ice Beam

Standard supporting Tentacruel, spins, spikes, absorbs enemy tspikes that otherwise anally rape a stall team if I don't pick heal bell on celebi.

Blissey, Calm nature 252def/80sp. atk/176sp. def @ Leftovers
Wish
Softboiled/Protect
Ice Beam
Seismic Toss/Thunder Wave

Blah blah blah this is blissey. I'd hope you know what this does by now. Wish supports the team, helping several defensive members without reliable recovery (or without recovery at all in the case of pert/tenta), ice beam is still a strong attacking option, heavily damaging attempted dragonite or salamence tomfoolery. Seismic toss would be to stop stuff like cm raikou from raping me, while twave is just a great move because paralysis is painful.

I almost want to say that an anti spinner Dusknoir would be a good idea here but it's difficult to do without opening up a hole somewhere or losing rocks, which is almost worse.

Mmmm I'll say that this is quite a solid stall team here.

I only have a few issues; if Heracross gets into Toxic Spikes (or a Wil-o-Wisp from Weezing), pretty much all of your team can be run down, especially if he has Choice Band. Fire Punch Dusknoir can fix that problem, but you will be missing a valuable tank. That's only an option, as all of those entry hazards down screws with most other offensive threats I can think of, which adds even more reason why Dusknoir would be useful to take in those Rapid Spins that get rid of those spikes that eat away at sweepers.

Due to Toxic Spikes putting up status, I would run Heal Bell on Celebi and Thunder Wave on Blissey. Heal Bell will come in handy for that random Toxic/Sleep, while T-Wave is good on the likes of Gyarados or Salamence who fly over Toxic Spikes.

If I were you I would replace Tentacruel and Weezing with Nidoqueen and Starmie. Nidoqueen does a great job at countering Heracross while still setting up your Toxic Spikes. Starmie makes a more reliable Infernape counter and spinner. You can use Reflect if you want. Nidoqueen can still use RestTalk with Earthquake and Toxic Spikes or you can just use ths standard spread with your Wish support.

You lose a more reliable Weavile counter however Swampert can deal with him pretty well. If you don't do this then I would just replace Weezing for Forretress with spikes to counter Weavile, since Gyarados is covered well enough with Porygon2 and Celebi. A spin blocker would be really helpful for this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)