I'm missing something.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you have a reliable answer to Tyranitar? Especially Dragon Dance variants. You can only revenge kill (and that's presuming he hasn't used Dragon Dance), but other than that you haven't got a Pokemon to resist Rock-type attacks effectively. Stone-Edge is going to run through your entire team.

I suppose there's Toxic Spikes and prediction that could eventually wear down Tyranitar, but yeah...

I know it's impossible to counter Tyranitar 100% of the time, but I don't see how replacing Infernape with Hippowdon would hurt the team much. Plus, you can always take out Porygon-Z and add Blissey to the team so you have an answer to Heatran with Lava Plume. This would also add Stealth Rock to the team (if you chose such), and you can always give Cressilia Rest>Moonlight with the Aromatheraphy that Blissey could support you with.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adding Tyranitar won't cure you of your Tyranitar problem. Hippowdon > Infernape would, and not forgetting you could add Stealth Rock on that if you would keep Blissey's 4th move slot open for something more viable.

Why on earth will you not use Blissey just because of preference when it will serve your team well?

Swampert is definitely the better T-Tar counter on this team imo. If you replaced Spiritomb with Swampert, you could still have some attacking potential while still being able to take care of the major threats. This also allows you to add Stealth Rock and Roar to the team for Phazing support. The problem with Bliss over Pory-Z and Hippowdon over Infernape is that you suddenly have a poor version of a stalling sandstorm team which is especially bad because this team obviously doesn't like the Sand all to much to want to be purposefully setting it up.

Taylor

i am alien
Define "mehish".

All you're doing is adding stability to the team whilst countering Tyranitar as well as you can. You team had the ability to cover most threats, so I'm taking a standard / stall route as oppose to an offensive path.

I can't stress how effective Blissey would be over Porygon-Z, but it's entirely up to you on whether you chose to. I'm only here to advise, not order.

Taylor

i am alien
It's just a Pokemon that you can't counter with the team you have, as a certain set will eventually bring it down.

Blissey and Swampert over Infernape and Porygon-Z wouldn't be a bad idea with Blissey and Wish support. Second option would be to use Rest on Swampert and Cressilia and use Aromatheraphy. However, Swampert can't come in on Choice Band Crunch, which is why I prefer Hippowdon.

Taylor

i am alien
Heatran with Lava Plume would take an effect on Gyarados or Cressilia if it burns them, which is likely due to the 30% burn rate. Heatran is very common which doesn't help...

That's another reason why I'm pushing for Blissey.

Is the SDef on Cressilia helping anything specifically? If not, then I suggest using 252 HP on Cressilia. Blissey would be another reason to follow this.

Taylor

i am alien
You can't switch anything in when it comes in freely against Forretress / Cressilia / Spiritomb / Porygon-Z, because the burn will hesitate you switching in Gyarados. Heatran will not stay in against Gyarados.

Without me posting 50 times, just take my advice and try it. If you are not satisfied then start ask questions.

Taylor

i am alien
What do you ean he took him like a pro? People who keep their Heatran in against Swampert aren't using it well.

It's obvious you won't listen, so when Heatran is used by someone with a little more sense, then you will see how effective Lava Plume is.

I'm glad that Swampert worked out for you, but, like I posted before, I really think that it would have been a better idea to take out Spiritomb for Swampert. Between Swampert/Foretress/Cresselia, you have your defensive bases covered. That leaves 3 slots for the sweeping. Infernape/Porygon-Z/Gyarados making a balanced attacking force for your own offensive endeavor. The one issue that brings is that you no longer have a spin-blocker so, in the end, its really up to you.

Taylor

i am alien
I don't want you to add Blissey and not Hippowdon / Swampert...

Read where I've given you a whole lot of changes to think about.

Swampert@Leftovers
252 HP/76 Def/180 Sp. Def
Relaxed
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

Thats basically the standard Mixpert. Simple and effective.

Taylor

i am alien
No, it can't just go over any Pokemon. There are two options, Infernape, or Porygon-Z, unless you want to add another weakness in your team.

Why not just play it by process of elimination?

First off, we're going to keep Forretress and Cresselia, there's no doubt about that. That's pretty much the foundation, you set the Spikes, the phsyically wall, you special wall, not that hard.

Spiritomb also has to stay. It keeps shit from spinning outta control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOA

Okay, so with Forretress, Cresselia and Spiritomb, you could have have random Heracross/Lucario problems, so we're going to keep Gyarados as well, who doubles as your offensive prescense.

Now it's down to PorygonZ or Infernape who goes. PZ is valuable as a revenge killer, so I guess Infernape will have to go. The Stealth Rocks would be nice too!!

P.S. I only read post #25 and #26 and the Original Post.

Think about it this way, from what I scrimmed, you said Tyranitar and Blissey. Swampert can go into Tyranitar quite a few times, while Infernape was NEVER going to switch in on it. With those Toxic Spikes on the ground and solid defenses all around, it's also going to be easy to stall Blissey and force it to switch after a good 3-5 turns.

Most likely Spiritomb, you don't want the other team to set Toxic Spikes and that ends up eventually fucking you from blocking their Rapid Spins etc.

-As Aeroblacktyl said you need Cresselia and Forretress no matter what . Then for the spin blocking i would suggest you to use Dusknoir over spiritomb so that you are not always stuck on the defensive side . WoW, Earthquake, Tpunch or Shadow Sneak and Pain spit could work for you, plus it blocks spins and can burn stuff on the switch out which helps your team defensively .

-On that Pert, i would actually tell you to go Restalk since it can be your surefire counter against Lava Plume Heatran and Tyranitar . Max HP / Near max Def / Rest in Satk with EQ, Ice Beam and Restalk can do it .

-On Gyarados, since you are going through the offensive route you could aswell just dump Taunt for Ice fang providing you with more offense for the ultimate gyarados sweepage, unless you think otherwise.

In my opinion there's no need to replace PZ since it's your only intial offense that your team can offer . If i were you i would use a Nasty Plot Sash set for late game after everything is weakened from toxic spikes and burns.

Looks great with the changes. The only other suggestion I could make would be to go with Roar over Toxic on Swampert because your Toxic Spikes should status your opponent. Roar makes them shuffle around more increasing the damage dealt to them.

Roar and Stealth Rock are much more beneficial to this team imo. The idea should be to lead with Scarf-Z and then fall back on your walls when necessary. They setup the spikes and then Spiritomb makes sure they stay there whilst slowly wittling down the opponent.

I used your team with the changes i mentioned . The restalker imo is better, you don't need pert to roar since tspikes do the job for you . Also you can't believe how many times the restalk helped me against Garchomps that would otherwise 2hko me with Outrage and CB Grosses .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)