Heatran@Leftovers
Flashfire
Calm
248 Hp / 240 SpDef / 20 Spd
Lava Plume
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Roar

Standard specially defensive Heatran. My main reasons for choosing this pokemon was his ability to absorb strong fire attacks so that the permanent sunlight set up by Ninetales doesn't work against my team.
I gave it 20 Spd evs as speed creep so it can earth power first against similar Heatran. Acts as a decent check to Latios which always helps and sets up rocks, which are basically mandatory for any team.

Gliscor@Toxic orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Toxic
Taunt
Earthquake
Protect

I use this guy to stop my team being demolished by powerful physical threats like Terrakion and Conkeldurr. Toxic really hurts a lot of Gliscors common switch-ins.

Ninetales@Leftovers
Drought
Timid
252 Hp / 4 SpAtt / 252 Spd
Overheat
Disable
Will-o-wisp
Substitute

My permanent weather inducer. I run sub+disable so that this can work like a sub+disable Gengar in some situations. It can force switches on choice locked pokes, or on bulky waters that can only hurt Ninetales through scald. I think Ninetales' strength is its ability, not its movepool, and that 2 moves are always basically gimmicky filler.
I do like power swap, but couldn't find a slot for it. Swapping -2 SpAtt after an overheat is always nice, and stealing all the calm mind boosts from a Reuniclus is nice too.

Starmie@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
252 Hp / 4 SpAtt / 252 Spd
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (fire)
Psychic
Rapid Spin

I feel like I need a spinner, and that spinning away hazards these days is a bit easier than in Gen4 as there are less spin blockers floating around.
No water stab moves because i'm going to hope that the weather is sunny. Hidden power fire is to nail Ferrothorn and Scizor in the sunshine.

Rotom-W@Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spd
Hidden Power (grass)
Volt Change
Hydro Pump
Thunder Wave

Counters Politoed and Gyarados nicely. Ground and water resists are always welcomed on a sun team. Hidden power grass to hit Gastrodon.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Multiscale
Careful
252 HP / 32 SpD / 224Spe
Substitute
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Roost

Bulky DDDnite. With sun and rapid spin support he can come in with multiscale intact and attempt a sweep. Very dangerous, especially if it is my last pokemon. I'm considering changing it for Volcarona.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Some of your descriptions need to be expanded. Check out the RMT archive to see the kind of detail we are looking for. PM me the changes and I'll unlock this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)