SM OU Hyper Offense SM OU Team

This is my first post on Smogon so I'll make it about my best team. Before I get into the team itself, I just want to say that I am not good at all, and my teambuilding skills I don't think are that good either. That said, this is a hyper offense team that I made and have had the most success with.

The Team
azumarill sprite.png
pheromosa (1).png
garchomp.png
mawile.png
kyurem.png
landorus.png

Teambuilding
To start off the team, I needed a reliable hazard setter. After a little bit of thought, I decided to use an XY strategy, with a focus sash garchomp. Fire blast gets a lot of people off guard and can just get an automatic kill sometimes because of people not expecting it. After that, I thought that I should have one or two wallbreakers. Azumarill and kyurem-black immediately came to mind. These are two pokemon that I just like personally, but are very good in the meta. Azumarill can take a lot of hits that some people don't think it would be able to take, and then it can hit back harder. Also, having more priority on Hyper Offense is always good. Kyurem hits really hard and just has a lot of coverage. Next, I wanted hazard removal. I decided to go with Pheromosa, because it is really fast, can potentially be a sweeper. Fightinium Z focus blast can OHKO mega metagross. U-turn is really good for momentum and can make it easier to get switches into mons like mawile and kyurem. After this I thought about another hard hitting pokemon, that can also be a wallbreaker and potential sweeper. I also realized that I didn't have a mega, so Mega Mawile just fit this exact role perfectly. Everything about this pokemon is just so good, from it's typing to it's attack. The fact that it has sucker punch for priority is sooooo good for this team. Finally, I needed a glue/cleaner. I also needed a ground resistance, and a choice scarfer (not necessary but very good to have). I also think that ground is one of the best offensive types in the game, and can just destroy teams late game when their resistances and immunities are gone. The obvious choice here is the most used pokemon in ou, Landorus T. This thing is just everything that can go right with a pokemon, and has all the things that I named before.

Individual Sets
garchomp.png
Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

The EV set is very basic, but doesn't need so much complexity. The main role of garchomp on this team is just to get rocks and catch some things off guard with fire blast. Other than that, it kind of just gets chip damage off. Simple role for this team.
azumarill sprite.png

Captain (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
This thing is just a really good wallbreaker in general. Similar to garchomp, it has a simple role. It just hits things hard and gets chip damage on setup sweepers with aqua jet. This set just hits really hard with choice band and huge power. It can destroy/pressure mega sableye with play rough, which is very valuable against against stall.
kyurem.png

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
I really like Kyurem for it's coverage and just ability to hit so hard. Outrage Fusion Bolt Ice Beam Earth Power hits everything in the meta. If you get a prediction with this, you get an automatic kill or the momentum. Fusion Bolt can literally destroy teams and this can obliterate stall.
pheromosa (1).png

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
Everyone knows what this thing does. It comes in, it removes hazards, it does damage, or gives you momentum. U-turn gives the ability to get very easy switches to stuff like mawile and kyurem, which can be huge threats to opposing teams. Ice beam can kill landorus and garchomps, making it a good sweeper. The ability to have an extremely fast rapid spinner is really good, and fightinium z focus blast can nuke someone on the opposing team.
mawile.png

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough
This thing is just so good at everything. If you get a prediction on your opponent's switch with a swords dance, you can literally just win. The ability to have priority in sucker punch is amazing, and play rough with stab is almost unfair. Fire fang is really good for breaking scizors, ferrorthorns, and kartanas, as well as stuff that aren't very common like magnezone. I love Mawile and it just does so good at everything.
landorus.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
I personally think that this is possibly the best choice scarfer in the game. Late game, earthquake can just win. If you kill immunities and weaken resistences, this will win the game. Superpower is good for stuff like chansey, greninja, ttar, porygon, weavile, and even z move terrakions. Stone edge just hits a lot of things and u-turn for momentum.

Threats to the team:
greninja.png

While I don't think it's a good set, choice scarf greninja is a big threat to this team. Ice beam can hit pretty much my whole team for at least neutral damage. If it is protean, gunk shot can hit my azumarill hard too. I still don't think it is a good set but I do not have a good matchup against choice scarf greninja with this team (ash or protean). Expert belt is also good against my team with greninja.

landorus.png

Opposing landorus therians can also be a big problem. Earthquake + hidden power ice or earthquake + continental crush is really good against this team. I have ways to deal with it offensively, but I don't have many switch ins to it.

venesuar.png

Mega venusaur (especially with hidden power ice) is pretty decent against my team. It's not unbeatable or anything like that, but it's bulk plus a potential hidden power ice poses a very strong threat to this team.

Thank you for reading this. Please give feedback on this team, and try it out if you want.

Export info: https://pastebin.com/69jwuwtQ

Attachments

Reactions: dk
Phero gonna get banned soon. I can't think of a replacement, but yeah, be prepared to change it.
that's what I was thinking about when i made this team. I thought about either scarf excadrill or ash greninja for fast spin or fast u turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)