SM OU How to kill the Crobatman

IMG_20170124_215816.jpg

Hello, thank you for taking time to look at my team. I'm open to any critique and changes. My goal for this team is nothing special at first to be honest, I wanted to use the MegaVenu/Tran core with a more bulky offense to balance playstyle and it later turned into finding ways to either let Weavile revenge kill just about anything and for Zygarde to get the chance to set up. The nicknames didn't come until after Weavile was put into the team. Edits are in bold italics.

First things first:

Poison Ivy
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
248 HP / 96 Def / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
Calm
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

Mega Venusaur's role is to be an overall tank. I went with the typical set but went with EQ to hit Heatran and Electric types like Magnezone, Tapu Koko, and Electric Porygon-Z which might otherwise give my team fits. This is a fantastic answer to Tapu Bulu and can also do really well against Bulky WoW Mega Charizard X. Shes also one of the main Fairy answers on this team. Mega Venusaur has proven to easily be a stable to the team. This is a good answer to Greninja as well.

Bane
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
56 HP / 212 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Lava Plume Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I know you see the two fire type moves and I know you're asking, "why?" I'll tell you. I wanted to trap things to get switch initiative to something my opponent wouldn't want to face. Say the opponent switches in Chansey or Toxapex, I can trap it, Taunt it, then switch to Zygarde and set up I can also use this to give matchups Weavile can come in safely to. Lava Plume is a reliable answer to OHKO Mega Scizor while also potentially providing burns to help my team out. I really didn't feel like Earth Power was necessary for this set. The EV spread allows for a leftovers+1 number and allows it to outspeed max Speed Mega Scizor and Tapu Bulu. That number actually also hits a jump point on Speed allowing it to outspeed neutral 152 Speed EV Mew if for some reason the situation arrives. The rest are put into SpA to hit as hard as possible.

Roxy Rocket
Celesteela @ Shed Shell
Ability: Beast Boost
248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
232 HP / 164 Def / 112 SpD
Sassy Nature
Relaxed
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Blast Flamethrower
- Protect

This quickly became my favorite Ultra Beast on base stats, typing, and looks alone. My Ground immunity. This has made for a great partner to most of the team removing Ice and Fairy types for Zygarde and still hitting other Steel types for Weavile. However this Mon has been easy for me to sack off most of the time. It's proven useful walling some key threats but it typically weakens other mons for any member of the rest of the team to clean up. Leech Seed provides additional recovery to the rest of the members. It's a great answer for Tapu Lele and Kartana as well as also having an answer for opposing Celesteela. It's also made for an okay check for Mega Alakazam and Mega Scizor. Shed Shell is the item of chose because Magnezone is literally set up bate for Zygarde as it'll typically go for Specs or Scarf TBolt if the opponent goes for HP Ice they're either a genius, knows my team, or misclicked for dumb luck. Celesteela can handle both defensive and scarf Landorus-T sets but becomes set up bate for the boosting sets.

Harley Quinn
Tapu Fini @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
248 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Natures Madness
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog

Now here's another interesting set as I dont see most people say anything about Guardian of Alola. I wanted Guardian of Alola as my Z-move as it can punch massive holes with Harley's big hammer (I know what the move looks like just go with it lol) into one of any key mons I face per battle. With opponents at 25% and potentially Taunted it gives me excellent opportunity to switch into Weavile to pick it off, Zygarde to set up, as they'll typically switch out. The Misty Terrain it provides is great for the team mostly keeping me from getting statused. It provides an excellent answer to Ghost Porygon-Z as it will allow Weavile to pick it off with Ice Shard afterwards. The EVs in Speed allow me to outspeed Defensive Landorus-T sets. The rest is put into HP and Defense to make it as physically bulky as possible.

Joker
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Ah the crime boss himself Weavile. I went Choice Band over Life Orb as I really wanted the little extra power without recoil, I'm okay with being locked into an attack, he's typically in one turn out the other playing with his prey in true Joker fashion. I can actually lessen predictions with Choice Band. If I'm revenge killing Landorus-T I just click Ice Shard and it OHKOs no need to worry about Landos +2 Speed. This Mon is a great answer to the Lati twins and other Psychic types or Ghost types, it can also can handle Mega Metagross with prior damage as only if it doesn't carry Bullet Punch. It's a great answer to bulky Ground types. To be fair this Mon actually started off as Scarf Tyranitar but it wasn't getting the job done and was leaving pretty prone to things like Landorus-T.

The Riddler
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

Ah riddle me this, what comes in 50 but fights as 1? Stumped? Well Zygarde-50% of course. My set up sweeper that I've grown to love. This originally started off as SD Garchomp but once I found out about Thousand Arrows I jumped ship. I love playing mind games with this Mon. I can play both sides with this set setting up DDance will allow me to outspeed more offensive threats while Coil provides me more bulk. It allows me to go for Coils early on and then surprise the opponent with a DDance to try and outspeed their late answer to Zygarde. I've looked at Toxic and ESpeed over DDance but neither seemed as worth it for this team. This Mon is a great answer to Mega Charizard Y which would other wise be a threat to the team as it doesn't take much damage from any attacks from Mega Charizard Y and can retaliate back with a supereffective Thousand Arrows. To be honest this is the one Mon I do not want changed if I can help it. I've grown quite attached to it as it's helped me win quite a few matches.

Threats:
I know of some threat's already to my team but I also have edited my team around to at least provide checks to them.

A list of known threats are:

Double Dance Landorus-T (one of reasons I removed Tyranitar from the early stage of this team for Weavile, however if Weavile goes down I'm in trouble as I have no other way to completely stop it from sweeping unless Tapu Fini can score a burn through Scald)
Magearna (I'm personally very inconsistent vs this Mon as I'm not sure what to expect out of it and I feel like my answer to it is Mega Venusaur. It's really quite annoying to deal with due to Volt Switch, more so then any other Volt Switch mons like Tapu Koko. It has proven to be a viable target for Tapu Fini's Guardian of Alola)
Both Porygon-Z Z-Conversion sets Ghost and Electric (Electric has only Mega Venusaur as an answer, Ghost has a combo of Tapu Fini and Weavile as an answer otherwise it gives me the most fits of the two)
Mega Metagross (It really depends on what it's moves are to be a huge threat. Lacking Zen Headbutt Mega Venusaur becomes a problem for it, no Thunder Punch then Celesteela, no Ice Punch then Zygarde, no Bullet Punch then Weavile, no EQ/Hammer Arm then Heatran. I have answers for it, I just have to scout it out.)

Those are the known threats as I know I've not ran into everything, if you can notice anymore feel free to let me know.

I hope you enjoyed reading through my team, again any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to check this out. I hope you have a great day.

Last edited:

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
cool team but I don't like the two different fire moves on heatran, maybe try earth power or toxic or lava plume?
also change blast to flamethrower on celestella bc blast is usually meant to hit mag hard on the switch but since you have shed shell you need not worry about it. Also put something like d tail or toxic over ddance on zygarde because two setup moves could be a bit overwhelming. Not much more to say, I love eq on venu because of the tran weakness but I would run more spdef on it for things like gren.

cool team but I don't like the two different fire moves on heatran, maybe try earth power or toxic or lava plume?
also change blast to flamethrower on celestella bc blast is usually meant to hit mag hard on the switch but since you have shed shell you need not worry about it. Also put something like d tail or toxic over ddance on zygarde because two setup moves could be a bit overwhelming. Not much more to say, I love eq on venu because of the tran weakness but I would run more spdef on it for things like gren.
I'll probably definitely do the change on Celesteela. I personally find Toxic or Earth Power unnecessary for this Heatran set. Toxic may be useful but will have seldom use with Misty Terrain and I have used Earth Power on this team and it actually made this Heatran seem worse oddly. I actually fell in love with the Zygarde set I have on this one so I don't think I'll change it, it's provided some surprise victories being able to choose which boost is better for the occasion or opposing team. I actually might get more SpDef on Mega Venusaur to be honest because I notice I've been facing more special attackers with it then I have physical, might help with Magearna.

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
I'll probably definitely do the change on Celesteela. I personally find Toxic or Earth Power unnecessary for this Heatran set. Toxic may be useful but will have seldom use with Misty Terrain and I have used Earth Power on this team and it actually made this Heatran seem worse oddly. I actually fell in love with the Zygarde set I have on this one so I don't think I'll change it, it's provided some surprise victories being able to choose which boost is better for the occasion or opposing team. I actually might get more SpDef on Mega Venusaur to be honest because I notice I've been facing more special attackers with it then I have physical, might help with Magearna.
ya it definitly provides a check to mag when spdef

After making the change even the stats look better to me strangely enough. Also about the two fire moves Magma Storm has shaky accuracy, I miss with that I could be out against SD Mega Scizor/Banded Scizor if it has Superpower. I typically wouldn't do that but I couldn't pass up trapping this time lol.

Edit** Thank you for the suggestions I did some damage calcs on how it would handle Magearna and now making it a more specially defensive Mega Venusaur (still had some physical defense of course) it truely is an answer to it also helps out more with Xurkitree as well.

Last edited:
With the changes implemented I've ran into much less of a problem with Mega Scizor, it's been deleted from the threats list. The team has literally been Mega Venusaur walling things and Weavile killing things right now. Zygarde hasn't had to do much. I'm noticing though Celesteela has been getting KOd quite easily even after I made some changes. Not that it's a bad thing she's still getting to do her job for the most part and I expect such carrying Shed Shell. I'm wondering if there's something different I could do.

Edit** Changed to a more Physically Defensive set on Celesteela, I see more cases where I'll be wanting it up against a Physical Pokemon more so then a Special Attacking Pokemon.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)