SM OU How could I improve this team? ( it’s probably not great)

Hello, I’m a noob that started playing on showdown and this is one of my first team. Could you give me some advice please? I took most sets from smogon except tapu koko’s set and gliscors spread.

My idea was to build around charizard y and to help him make holes in the team of my opponent.

So this my team

Chorizo (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

This is the first mon of my team and the one I build around. I have nothing special to add it’s just the set proposed on smogon. I took flamethrower over fire blast for the accuracy, solar beam hits water types very hard, roost to recover and focus blast over hp ice or ground because it hits tyranitar and heatran for a lot of damage.

Tapu Kfc (Tapu Koko) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

The first pokemon I chose is tapu koko because it has acces to a strong electric attack to dent toxapex (which is a huge probleme for charizard), I play him with hp ice to have the boltbeam coverage, for his acces to taunt (which is I find a strong move), and his acces to u-turn to pivot and he tends to bring in ferrothorn which can be taken adventage of by charizard y. I gave him the electrium z because I had no other z move and I didn’t know what other item could fit.

Dracula (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 SpD / 212 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

My defogger is gliscor because I find him a pretty reliable physicaly defensive mon. The spread he has still outspeeds heatran and gives him a little bit more bulk than the one given on the smogon dex at the cost of some speed. His moves are pretty standard: earthquake as a stab attack, defog to remove the annoying stealth rocks and other hazrds, roost to heal and toxic to poison ennemis.

As2pik (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

This mon is my stealth rock setter, again it’s the standard set. He’s my specially defensive mon and he can take a lot of pokemon that gliscor has trouble with so they make a little defensive core together. I prefer playing him with leftovers over rocky helmet for the recovery. I play him with gyroball over power whip because charizard already has a strong grass attack and gyroball still damages fast frail attackers like greninja

Grozilla (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

I took this mon as 5th because he helps charizard well, he pressures chansey and latio/as. I prefered playing him with eq because fire punch isn’t that useful with charizard in my team, pursuit is to trap pokemons that wants to switch out like the latis, stone edge hits really hard when it’s boosted by the choice band and crunch is the main dark stab move. The speed investment is to outspeed adamant mega mawile and the hp and spé def investment is to maximize it’s bulk under sandstorm.

Crapô (Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Greninja is my scarf to have a good speed tier and to revenge kill some mons. he’s the pokemon that fits least my team I think. So I think I would have to replace him but I’m not sure who can fit here. U-turn is to gain momentum and he also tends to bring in ferrothorn which can be taken advantage of by charizard y. Ice beam with the spe attack investment is to hit kartana and ground types, rock slide is for fire and flying types and to revenge kill volcarona after a quiver dance. Gunk shot is used mostly to damage the tapu’s or other things that would try to come in with a little chance to poison.

So this is my team could you help me please?

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Why not replace Crunch for a Fire Punch? Fire Punch will help take care of pesky steel types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory.

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Why not replace Crunch for a Fire Punch? Fire Punch will help take care of pesky steel types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory.
Yes, I could think about that. But most steel types are already destroyed by charizard’s flamethrower (except heatran) or heavely pressured by gliscor’s and tyranitar’s eq. But it’s true I don’t use crunch often since most psychic types will try to switch out or take a huge chunk of damage of it’s stone edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)