SM RU Hey, Soul Sister

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, Soul Sister

Hey, I'm back again with another stall team that I think is pretty good. Sadly this meta isn't the kindest to stall as you can clearly see from stall only being used twice so far in RUPL. I've been trying to build a team around Aromatisse for a while as it has a pretty good niche on stall, easily beating TauntTox Mandi, Taunt Glig, and Taunt Noivern and also providing a dark and fighting switch in. This team is pretty easy to use and it got me reqs for Entei suspect and I peaked at 1800 with 91.0% GXE on normal ladder.
Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 4.25.34 PM.png

Teambuilding Process

I started off with Aromatisse + Z-Hurricane Moltres as I wanted a reliable way of beating all fighting types. Z-Hurricane on Moltres is so I can reliably switch in to Knock Offs prom Pangoros and have a nuke for mons like Tyrantrum as Hurricane + Z-Hurricane almost always ohkoes it (35.9 - 42.1% + 60.1 - 70.9%). I also wanted to use Moltres as CB Escav has usually been a problem for my teams so adding a Moltres gives me a reliable switch-in.

I then added physdef Gligar to take care of SD Virizion as I was very weak to it so far. Gligar also gave me a second defogger which is mandatory when trying to build Moltres stall. Knock Off provides me with useful utility in stall v stall matchups as it can remove lefties and other items from more offensive mons like berries from Rotoms. Gligar is also a safer Entei switch in as it isn't scared of Stone Edge like Moltres is.

Next Pyukumuku was added to provide a stop to most set-up sweepers. I use Spite as 4th move to deal with SubNP Hoopa, Toxicroak and other mons that rely on sub to beat Pyukumuku. I use 252/108/148 Calm nature to be able to switch in on Salazzle and tank Sludge Wave + Acid Downpour from full and also always survive 2 Solar Beams from non specs Ninetales after rocks, the spdef evs also allows me to more reliable switch in to M-Blastoise.

My next addition was Heatproof Bronzong as I wanted a Taunt Salazzle counter, Bronzong also provided me with a Tyrantrum switch in and can also reliably bluff Levitate against mons such as Nidoqueen and M-Steelix. Psyshock allowed me to hit Salazzle, Virizion and Nidoqueen quite hard while ProTox is always reliable damage.

Umbreon was my final addition as I needed a more reliable WishPasser as well as a Cleric. Sadly M-Audino would stack too many weaknesses and resistances with Aromatisse so I couldn't use it this time. Nothing new about this Umbreon set, just max max spdef making it very hard to take down on the special side.

A bit later I switched Bronzong for Registeel as I didn't want a pursuit weak mon on stall with the resurgence of Drapion. Registeel made me weaker to Taunt Salazzle but that set is only really run when ct'ing. Registeel does almost exactly the same as Bronzong but is a better counter to Shaymin and Yanmega, albeit weaker to Tyrantrum.

In-Depth Look

Hey, Soul Sister (Aromatisse) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Refresh / Heal Bell
- Moonblast

The star of the show, Aromatisse is used on this team as a mean to counter Mandibuzz, Gligar and Noivern which usually give stall teams a hard time. I chose to use Refresh instead of Heal Bell as its safer against Mandibuzz because of the pp. Aromatisse's Wish support is also nice as it can pass to Registeel without any shared weaknesses. If the opposing team does not have Mandibuzz, Gligar or Noivern then Aromatisse can also be a trick/sleep fodder for the team as it doesn't provide much that the other members can't already handle.

trying flying (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Wing Attack / Acrobatics

Gligar is always really good on stall as it beats Virizion and also provides a very reliable way of removing hazards. The evs on this set allow Gligar to outspeed Adamant Honchkrow and the rest is dumped into defense to tank Virizion. I use Wing Attack on this set as it has superior pp and also more damage to Virizion than Acrobatics does. Knock Off is the 4th move to be able to knock lefties from Registeel and the like which is really good. I guess Earthquake could be run instead for Steelix but you have Moltres for that so seems redundant to me.

UAV (Moltres) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower / Roar

Moltres is here as a second defogger and also as a Pangoro switch in as Knock gets weakened by Flyinium. CB Escav was also something I had in mind when starting with this core as many stalls have very limited play around it nowadays. Moltres is also nice for Entei as it can really drain the pp of Entei really quickly. The 3 mons that Entei isn't countered by all have Protect which means I can always scout for Stone Edge or fire move. Roar can be used instead of Flamethrower if you're scared of Vintei but honestly with Spite Pyukumuku it isn't that much of a problem.

Gutsy Plays (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Soak
- Toxic
- Spite / Filler

Pyukumuku is a great mon and so much better than Quagsire. This ev spread allows Pyukumuku to tank Sludge Wave + Acid Downpour from Salazzle from max and also 2 Solar Beams from non specs Ninetales after rocks. The first three moves are pretty much set in stone with the 4th move being really flexible. I run Spite as then Pyukumuku can 1v1 Hoopa, Toxicroak, Vintei (don't quote me on that), Snorlax, and Sub Barbaracle. Other options can be Rest, Block, Gastro Acid for Pangoro and Gligar, and Counter for mons like Taunt Barbaracle.

1999 (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Registeel is my rocker and also a great Psychic and Flying type switch in. Really standard set Seismic Toss provides reliable damage to all mons except Ghost types. Protect gives it extra leftovers recovery letting Registeel stick around much longer, if facing an opposing stall team it is vital that you don't let Registeel lose its item. Toxic gives a great way of damaging most mons and also having good synergy with Protect. Bronzong can be used in a tour scene if opponent likes using Salazzle and doesnt use pursuit trappers much.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Protect / Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Yin (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Very standard Umbreon set. WishTect to provide recovery for itself and Registeel and Moltres when rocks are up and I predict a easy Molt switch is coming in. Heal Bell allows me to remove harmful statuses like Toxic and Burn from my team. Foul Play is for damage against all mons really, if Registeel is low-ish then don't be afraid to tank a Moonblast from scarf Garde or Florges to get Registeel back up. Damage from Garde, (46.1 - 54.8%) and Florges, (34 - 41.1%).

Threatlist

Taunt Salazzle really just sorta 6-0's my team tbh. Can hope for miss against Registeel or lure out the Z-Sludge and then killing with Z-Hurricane from Moltres or Umbreon. Any other Salazzle set is pretty easy to beat though.

LO Medicham has very limited switch-ins on my team although Protect on 3 mons can help with HJK recoil, you need to onstantly outplay the Medicham user to allow Medicham to kill itself from LO recoil. Choiced sets are very easy to beat, however, as I can scout with any mon Medicham comes in on, such as Registeel and Umbreon.

CB Tyrantrum has a great time against any slow teams, this team no exception. Registeel and Gligar are the main switch ins to it but a well played CB Tyrantrum can easily win against this stall team.

Hey, Soul Sister (Aromatisse) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Refresh
- Moonblast
trying flying (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Wing Attack

UAV (Moltres) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Gutsy Plays (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Soak
- Toxic
- Spite

1999 (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Yin (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Thanks for reading!

teachable

Banned deucer.
Hiya, cool team and REALLY cool seeing a good diversity of RU teams here. With how weak your team is to Lazzle, I'd really recommend Earthquake over Protect on Registeel. Even though you miss out on scouting potential, you've got more mons for this and giving you something else to handle Salazzle/prevent a setup/potentially lure it is good.

If you'd like to try a different composition, Doublade (That bulky set w/ Rest/Toxic) over Gligar is something interesting that I think would be really cool to try here to still check Virizion but not have as hard of a time vs Medicham and give Rantrum a tougher time guessing.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hiya, cool team and REALLY cool seeing a good diversity of RU teams here. With how weak your team is to Lazzle, I'd really recommend Earthquake over Protect on Registeel. Even though you miss out on scouting potential, you've got more mons for this and giving you something else to handle Salazzle/prevent a setup/potentially lure it is good.

If you'd like to try a different composition, Doublade (That bulky set w/ Rest/Toxic) over Gligar is something interesting that I think would be really cool to try here to still check Virizion but not have as hard of a time vs Medicham and give Rantrum a tougher time guessing.
That doublade change seems like a cool change although then Moltres would be my only removal which I wouldnt be able to use well tbh. I’ll test the esrthquake on registeel though.

I’ve actually built another team that uses Z-Heal Bell Diancie + Doublade + Spdef Gligar. I haven’t used it at all tbh but it handles modt meta trends except Taunt Gligar.

Sorry for short answer am on phone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)