XY Doubles HERE COMES THE PAIN TRAIN: Mixed Kube Hyper Offense!

Song that got me inspiration to make this.
Video that I made with replays with said song

Step to the left (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 88 Atk / 220 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect
This thing is so strong it scares the shit out of me. It can do heavy damage to Rotom-W, OHKO clueless Zard-Y's in TWind, nail Lando-T also in TWind, overall a great glue to the team and helps me deal with stuff. This thing pairs well with my special Talonflame because it forces so many switches it's amazing, and in TWind he destroys. With the intimidation from him, Talon can sometimes easily get a free Wisp, TWind or Roost. As I said b4, the EVs OHKO Zard-Y and Keldeo after Fake Out damage with Fusion Bolt, I don't recall what the 200 Spe EVs do, rest into SpAtk. Using Rash > Mild because Kube doesn't like Rock Slide at all. Using LO because I'm a badass motherfucker, and this is the fucking PAIN TRAIN.

THE PAIN TRAIN (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 180 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
The fucking Pain Train itself. This thing dishes out so much damage it is astonishing. I'll explain: Hyper Voice + Pixilate = a 175 Power attack coming from 507 SpAtk. this is a fuckton of damage to anything unresisted, and it is spread! Hyper Beam is for when you absolutely need a motherufucker dead, no matter what, and it can win me some 1v1 situations when me and my opp have only 1 pokemon left. Psyshock is for Poison-types. HP Ground for the Ugly Oven and some steels. EVs survive Return from Jolly Kanga, outspeed 252+ Spe Keldeo on Tailwind (Fuck you Anty) and the rest is invested into attack.

Can't stop (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
The other half of the PAIN TRAIN. Double-Edge because this is the fucking Pain Train bitches. I'm running Low Kick because it OHKOes a bunch of stuff that Drain Punch doesn't (Tranner is the main, but Ferro takes 80% dmg :O). Sucker Punch is there for killing stuff faster than you, i;e Zard-Y etc. Fake Out is fucking Fake Out, I don't need to explain this do I? The EVs are super simple, I'm using Adamant because of Tailwind support.

Burnin' hot (Talonflame) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 184 HP / 108 Def / 168 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
Oh here it comes, the bulkiest Talon that you can see around. This thing was made to check kanga and provided burn and TWind support. But first the moves: Roost for adicional recovery adn stuff, Tailwind doubles my teammates speed for 4 turns, Brave Bird is strong and I can use it for killing weakened mons and stuff, Will-O-Wisp is for residual damage on walls like Amoong and giving a permament -2 Atk on physical attackers. The EVs allow me to take a Return from Adamant Kanga and outspeed it, also lets me take a regular Fake Out + Burned Return, while also letting me take a TBolt from bulky Thundy, the EVs outspeed Adamant Kanga too. I'm using Sitrus for recovery when I can't use Roost.

(At dawn we ride)
Tunnel Trouble (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect
This thing is here to fix my big TR weakness! While also scaring away intimidaters and Cress from the PAIN TRAIN. The moves are p standard: Knock Off is the strongest STAB, Sucker Punch is for killing things faster than, and it is also very strong, Iron Head is my second STAB and also really strong, OHKOes sylveon :O, Protect is fucking Protect, if you need me to explain this please leave now. The EVs and item are for maximum power, I'm running max speed, I know that some Tranners and Washers speed creep this amount of Spe but I have Kube which OHKOes both, also a Kangaskhan.

Double the pain (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect
This thing is so fucking strong it is scary. 252+ Spa LO Keldeo does so much damage it is fucking scary as hell. The moves are standard: Hydro Pump is a fucking nuke, Secret Sword is for bulky waters and stuff that resists Hydro Pump, I'm running Taunt to hinder Trick Room mostly, but it can be used in so other situations, like fucking over Aegislash and stuff. Protect is fucking Protect, leave if you don't know what protect does. The EVs are for maximum power and speed, i'm running Modest > Timid because I have TWind support and I don't really need Timid.

Last edited:
Scizor should be an Electrician actually.
It also should go to anti-law school and be an arsonist.
No wait nevermind, it would never survive the arson.
xD that reel there

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Again, amazing art, consistently the best on smogon.

I like how you opted for fusion bolt over the usual sub, goes well with the tailwind. Sylv and Cube looks like havoc in tailwind.

I remember fighting that Talon spread and its annoying as FUCK.

I know its the pain train, but I use Moonblast > Hyper Beam because I have lost exactly every game I've been cocky in and tried to overkill Hyper Beam someone for the giggles, and its missed and lost me the game. 5 times so far.

Again, amazing art, consistently the best on smogon.

I like how you opted for fusion bolt over the usual sub, goes well with the tailwind. Sylv and Cube looks like havoc in tailwind.

I remember fighting that Talon spread and its annoying as FUCK.

I know its the pain train, but I use Moonblast > Hyper Beam because I have lost exactly every game I've been cocky in and tried to overkill Hyper Beam someone for the giggles, and its missed and lost me the game. 5 times so far.
lol it never missed to me, but I'll try ;;;;

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I forgot to say why, Moonblast KOs the fighting types that spam Wide Guard anyway, so Hyper Beam is really more situational. Having a nuke is nice though, so its preference.

People might hate but I really like that Talonflame set.

Talon is a pretty boring, overused mon and I'm not that much of a fan, but that's interesting and I can attest it killed the shit out of my Khan, I don't think there was much I can do besides swap out even if I knew what was coming at the time. Not too fond of having one mon set to counter one mon, but if you are going to counter one, Khan is that one.

Last edited:
If mega kangaskhan gets a PuP boost, your team is gone
gg
burns will help but won't kill it on its own, and most people carry redirection with it anyway
I recommend you carry TAUNT > TAILWIND on talonflame to deal with follow me
you should also use LOW KICK > DRAIN PUNCH on mega kangaskhan
drain punch does more to scrafty, sure, but your team absolutely shits on scrafty anyway, and low kick does more damage to everything else, including other kangaskhan
finally, since you have good speed control and handle physical attackers well, I think you can run adamant bulky mega kangaskhan to beat other mega kangaskhan with low kick (you live a jolly low kick 100% of the time) and get a guaranteed ohko on other mega kangaskhan after you taunt their redirector

overall I really like the team and theme, good job n_n

edit: after discussing, we decided to go with the following changes:

mew > rotom-w
super fang/taunt/twind/fake out
he agreed to bulky kanga after a test
and we decided to use choice banded scizor with bp/bug bite/superpower/knock off

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)