Will-o-Wisp
Substitute
Rest
Metal Sound

-----
Stats Analysis

Weakness:
Fight, Ground, Water
Resistance: Normal, Grass, Ice, Poison Immune, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel.
Neutral: Electric, Rock.

Heatran can be a very good wall with it's 106 Defenses, and the resistances above. Although ground and Fight are common... It has STAB moves aplenty coupled with 130 SpA and with Lava Plume at a nice 30% burn. 90 Physical does nice with Exploding on Blissey.

-----
Sample Moveset

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest
252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpA
-Fire Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Enjoy?

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Timid

Flamethrower
Explosion
Earth power
Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse/Whatever

Kinda weird, I know, but he can outspeed Heracross with Timid.

i need to point out that heatran can 2hko any blissey sould it have flash fire active while sunny day/drought is effect and it has any thing boosting its Overheat even after the special drop with 252 special attack + special attack although this won't ever happen in any serious battle this is lol and tells how much pain heatran can cause (anything else that doesn't have a respectable spc.def stat and a resist/immunity to fire die)

Heatran could be cool if you use a fire lure like scizor or something...

Maybe somebody could try agility/bp scizor combined with like life orb heatran or something. You switch scizor in on something that will switch, agility the switch. If whatever switches in looks like it will use a fire attack then you can bp to heatran and now you have +2 speed and boosted fire attacks...

Eh.. probably too specific to ever really work well, but could be fun to try out. Not a whole lot really switches out on scizor :/

Needs more choice specs set,people have been shitting on the idea because of dugtrio.
I haven't seen one Dugtrio in the RMT's or Warstories, plus the benefits outweigh one threat.

359(394) special attack+stabbed overheat+choice specs is amazing damage to everything,that not even factoring in flash fire.
Heatran can easily switch in to use this set as well with it resistances and defences.

It's too bad both his STAB attacks are resisted by bulky waters and flyers/levitators get away with not being hit by the only decent special Ground attack.... Swampert lols at him unless he's carrying HP Grass, which is just asking for some physical sweepers to come in and set up.

Heatran could have been a really cool pokemon, but they just blew it with his typing / stats / movepool.

Maybe if he had a cool ability like "Lava Flow"... Earth attacks do not hurt him and increase his speed. That would make him worthy of his placement... Metagross2 he is not.

Could you have compared it to a much different pokemon.The only thing Metagross and Heatran have in common is the part steel typing they are completly different.

i like this guy a lot. choice specs seems like a good idea but my main problem with it is that it is slow and therefore less likely to sweep since itll probably get quaked before it can even do anything.

I love the looks of the Choice Scarf set tbh. Huge Special Attack stat and with Scarf, the Speed to match. The fact that this guy gets so many sexy resistances (as well as the ability to switch into 3 of the 4 Specs-mence attacks) makes Choice sets appealing to me. Ground, Water and Fight weaks aren't fun to have but at least the three are resisted by a couple of common Pokemon (Gyara and Mence).

Will-o-Wisp deserves a mention in his support move-pool. Fighting and Ground attacks are predominantly physical, make their users pay.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Heatran deserves mention as one of the few Pokemon that counters Azelf effectively; not even HP Fighting does that much to Heatran.

Heatran deserves mention as one of the few Pokemon that counters Azelf effectively; not even HP Fighting does that much to Heatran.
Was actually about to post that after realising my post about Mence, heh. Heatran is a cool poke for filling some gaps in teams. Azelf counter, 75% Specs-mence counter and a tonne of juicy resistances.

394 Special Attack Dragon Pulse/Earth Power/Fire Blast with Choice Specs vs. 401 HP/216 Special Defense Swampert is 44 - 51%.

Same Heatran vs. the same Swampert, Overheat is 51 - 60% and 23 - 27% on the second hit.

Of course you can't 2HKO, but Heatran is hardly helpless against Swampert.

This guy is never seen on wifi. Ever. People need to start using him rather than just cresselia, blissey, and jirachi to counter Specsmence. I prefer modest on the scarf set only because the extra boost in power can be really helpful. Not outspeeding max speed timid weavile can be a huge pain though.

I'd take rash over modest, actually, as the extra attack helps you KO blissey and other troopers more soundly when you decide to explode and you don't lose much of your switch-in ability seeing as the bulk of Heatran's strongest 4x resistances and immunities are, for the most part, special attacking types that will barely dent you regardless. (Although you do worse against Draco Meteor and Psychic, two rather important types to resist...but I really don't know how much worse and I'm not really feeling calcish atm.)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Modest / Mild Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Explosion / HP Ice / Will-o-Wisp

SunnyBeamer can work. Max sp.att 2hkos almost all waters and ohkoes Swampert with SolarBeam under sun. With its nice sp.def it also survives being 2hkoed by their Surfs. And it has speed to outrun them. Last slot depends on what you want to damage more. Explosion takes out almost all special walls. HP Ice if you predict Salamence or dragons. Will-o-Wisp makes Gyarados/Snorlax cry.

If you're using a Sunny Day set, I'd recommend Life Orb so you've got a shot at 2HKOing Blissey with Fire Blast. Modest does 46 - 54% vs. Max HP/minimum Special Defense Bliss.

I believe Jump told me Heatran takes a little too much from Specsmence, but I still like it. Great resistances there bud. I like McGraw's Focus Sash idea actually. :] Take a killer Earthquake then Explode in their faces.

Eggy would work too, plus he can pass Wish to Heatran. Either of them could use Sunny Day and both benefit from it. Gyarados, Salamence, Leafeon and Tangrowth could work with him to varying degrees.

Choice Scarf on him is awesome. 394 Special Attack + 388 Speed is awesome. Overheat compensates for the lack of power that Choice Specs gives. Dragon Pulse makes for FlameClaw, which is only resisted by other Heatran. Land Power is just nice covereage in addition to the other moves. Then you're left with either Flamethrower for Dugtrio or Explosion for Blissey.

Choice Scarf on him is awesome. 394 Special Attack + 388 Speed is awesome. Overheat compensates for the lack of power that Choice Specs gives. Dragon Pulse makes for FlameClaw, which is only resisted by other Heatran. Land Power is just nice covereage in addition to the other moves. Then you're left with either Flamethrower for Dugtrio or Explosion for Blissey.
Flash Cannon is nice for Tyranitar and Rhyperior as well.

Dragon Pulse doesn't OHKO Dugtrio unless Heatran has Choice Specs, in which case you'll be slower than Duggy so it really won't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)