Heatran(LO Lead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Overview]
Typical Heatran Leads are forced to switch against several leads. This set grants you an effective lead as well as a overwhelmingly powerful special attacker.

[Set]
Heatran @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power/Taunt

[Comments]
This Heatran functions as a both a lead an Anti-Lead. It allows you to OHKO a few of the bulkiest leads in standard play. LO Overheat from Modest Heatran can also be used as a scouting move later own. Only opposing Heatran will enjoy receiving such an attack.

Heatran against top 10 leads[August 2010]

Azelf: 2HKO if Sashed. OHKO with OverHeat if not.
Machamp: OHKO almost guaranteed of time with Overheat. 96.1% - 113.4%
Aerodactyl: Switch[It would just Taunt you even if you ran Standard Lead Tran]
Metagross: OHKO through Occa Berry - 98.3% - 115.7%
Swampert: OHKO - 96.1% - 113.4%
Infernape: Switch[There was nothing the Standard Lead Tran could do either]
Heatran: Switch [This is the only Pokemon that Standard Lead Tran Handles better. It should be noted that you have a chance to OHKO through Shuca Berry, however.]
Jirachi: OHKO if they choose not to switch
Ninjask: Taunt and Set up Rocks then Roast it[You handle this better than Lead Tran]
Roserade: OverHeat in case Sleep Powder misses and Switch[Standard Lead Tran handles this no better]

This Lead Tran exchanges the ability to match-up against opposing Heatran for the ability to KO Metagross, Swampert, and Machamp. It is also capable of severely denting potential switching ins. Overheat does a minimum to 49.2% to Offensive Gyrados, and up to 71.3% to LO Starmie.

This set also makes a great Switch in to Slow or Choice Fire Attacks and OHKOs both Defensive Zapdos and Rotom before a Flash Fire Boost.

I've used this set for quite some time and I've seen it recommended by Badge Raters on quite a few RMTs. I'm surprised that no one has attempted to post it.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
It is possible to run a Modest nature along with Overheat over Fire Blast and Stealth Rock in the last slot if you are interested in using Heatran as an effective anti-lead.
Already mentioned in the current LO set, no need for a brand new set.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, and it is also indicated in one of the threads in the Rejected Set Compendium. Don't forget to check out that sticky next time you post a set for QC ;)

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)