Hail Team. Rate it. (OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So through all of my efforts of successfully creating a monotype team, one set of 6 pokemon has arisen from all the rest- my ice team. This team has experienced great success and i would like to make it even better.

Abomasnow w/ leftovers.
Timid
Snow Warning
EV's- 252 speed, 252 spatk, 4 atk
Blizzard
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Substitute
Comments- well duh. Abomasnow is a staple in my ice team. Its a standard set that time and time again makes stall users slap themselves in the face. While it takes good prediction to use effectively, i find it to be one of the best pokemon on my team.

Weavile w/ life orb
Jolly
Pressure
EV's- 252 atk, 216 sp, 40 hp
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Comments- All out physical attacker. He works every time as my revenge killer and executes without flaw. Aerial ace is my secret addition for menaces like breloom and hera.

Mamoswine w/ life orb
Adamant
Snow cloak
Ev's- 252 atk, 252 def
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Superpower
Comments- pound people into the ground. enough said. adds power with a little bit of bulk.

Froslass w/ choice scarf
Timid
Snow Cloak
Ev's 252 sp 252 spatk 4 hp
Blizzard
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
I needed a special attacker and i wasn't fond of my other choices such as glaceon. And then i came upon froslass. While it's speed was pitiful, i was interested in its offensive capabilities. Its functions perfectly as my main special attacker with the speed bonus of scarf. The psychic is extra insurance for infernape who tends to stomp on my team and laugh at it.

Cloyster w/ leftovers
Impish
Shell Armor
Ev's- 252 hp, 4 def, 252 spdef
Explosion
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Surf
Comments- i desperately needed some physical bulk. Cloyster not only absorbs all physical attacks like a champ but sets up much needed spikes and spins away stealth rocks which tears gaping holes in my team. Finally, i can explode on big threats that i have trouble taking out.

Lapras w/ leftovers
Calm
Water Absorb
Ev's- 90 hp, 108 def, 40 sp atk, 252 sp def
Blizzard
Surf
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Comments- MVP. Saves Mamo's poor water weak butt every time with water absorb. Counters gyara effectively (They always taunt and then are struck by a 4x effective bolt of lightning.) Lapras is a custom set which spurred from the need for special bulk. It can hurt anything with its combination of offense and in any other case it poisons them. Lapras always takes out at least one pokemon. dont doubt it.

RMT Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
I'm not a mod, but I can't help but feel that this RMT is a little on the short side. You need to talk more about your 'mon's role in the team, why they were chosen, why the moveset/EVs, how they compliment eachother, etc. For example,

pound people into the ground. enough said.
It's not enough said.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Ruscour is correct. Your descriptions are lacking, which means you are violating RMT rule #3. If you wish to remedy this problem, explain your reasoning behind each Pokemon and why they work on your team more thoroughly. Try to aim for 3-4 sentences with your descriptions. I recommend lurking through the RMT Archive in order to see examples of what we're looking for in an RMT!

If you improve your explanations for your Pokémon, please private message me indicating that you've done so by showing me your new descriptions. Once you've done that, I will re-open this thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)