SM OU Gumshoos Trickroom

first trickroom team that ive built, im not that good at competitive pokemon so i would like to see what i can change, also while making this thread had a hard time explaining what each mon does so sorry if i sound stupid. thought about replacing one of these guys for alolan marowak just didnt know which one

Gumshoos @ Choice Band
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
-Fire Punch

I think Gumshoos goes the best with trickroom because with it's low speed it forces more things out and gets off big hits without having to take damage or risk getting haxed. if a pokemon switches out on gumshoos they typically will get 2hkoed or ohkoed and if they stay in it will still do good damage, id switch this mon in on their win con's so they have to switch out and sack a pokemon or lose the game

Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Magic Coat

I use Uxie as a trick room setter because it also sets up rocks, protects from hazards and if you memento a Pokemon and go into Gumshoos they're more likely to switch out. The given EV spread runs enough Defense investment to survive Knock Off from Choice Band Weavile and puts the rest into Special Defense, making Uxie extremely hard to OHKO with special and physical moves. For example, Uxie is able to live Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch, Choice Specs Gengar's Shadow Ball, and Landorus-T's Supersonic Skystrike. 0 Speed IVs are used to allow Uxie to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible under Trick Room. Uxie's only ability is Levitate, which gives it a somewhat useful Ground-type immunity. Mental Herb is used as a one-time buffer against Taunt. Red Card is also an option to phaze setup sweepers that attack Uxie, as well as preventing Pokemon such as Mega Scizor and Tapu Koko from gaining momentum with U-turn and Volt Switch respectively, as it will force them out into a random Pokemon.

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

I think Stakataka is a good trick room attacker which is why I put it on this team Maximum Attack investment with a boosting nature ensures that Stakataka will hit as hard as possible. Maximum HP investment will allow Stakataka to take as many hits as possible while setting up. Since Stakataka's Defense stat is absurdly high, a Lonely nature with 15 Defense IVs is necessary to allow Beast Boost to boost its Attack upon scoring a KO. Furthermore, Stakataka uses 0 Speed IVs to push the damage output of its Gyro Ball higher. Has Life Orb because Magearna has Fairium Z

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Superpower

Tapu Bulu is a good pair with Stakataka because Stakataka requires bulky water and bulky ground types to be removed. OHKOs Latios and Mega Charizard Y after Rocks END. Grassy Terrain is a way to counter other teams terrain and halves ground damage which is good for my Magearna and Stakataka

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Great trick room abuser and setter. With ev’s in health and spA I ensure it can take a hit and hit the opposite Pokemon hard. With trick room on, this thing is a absolute beast. Soul-heart gives me a boost every time I KO something and with z-fleur cannon I always get at least one KO. Flash cannon is to KO Pokemon like Clefable who otherwise would wall it. Thunderbolt to hit Toxapex Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adapability
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Noticed that I was weak to fire types and decided to use this, another good trick room abuser and hits really hard. Choice Band makes Crawdaunt a terrifyingly powerful wallbreaker at the cost of locking it into one move at a time. A Brave nature gives Crawdaunt a chance to 2HKO Pokemon like itemless Alomomola after Stealth Rock with Crunch as well as OHKO Pokemon like Florges.

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Ever tried Cesselia? That could replace Uxie. I have no idea if Uxie is any good, as most TR teams use Cresselia, while I haven’t seen a single Uxie in TR.
If your still using Uxie, I suggest replacing one of the moves to a damaging move, as you Uxie at present is perfect Taunt bait.

Thunder

Kingku ke charan pranam
I would suggest replacing gumshoos with a-marowak. Gumshoos is not the best and sucks.
With that you get a mega mawile check your team much requires other than stan.
Also mega mawile could be good pokemon on team ,although it shares magerna it performs totally different from it.
Cresselia is a good choice over uxie but that's up to you.

I noticed you have a lot more physical attackers on your team than special attackers. This could make you vulnerable to physical walls and intimidate. I would recommend replacing Gumshoes with something better. However, I would also recommend that replacement be a special attacker of some sort just so Magearna isn't the only one on your team.

Keep in mind that Trick Room teams are sort of weird to balance since like half of your mons are typically devoted to setting the move up in some way. I don't know why, but I do tend to see more physical Trick Room abusers than special ones whenever I run into these sorts of teams. Maybe there are just more good slow ones to build it around?

Last suggestion I have is ice type coverage. You don't really have any. Lando-T could be a major problem for this team since you made it OU and mostly physical attacking. Also, there are several pokemon in the tier like Dragonite, Gliscor, and Garchomp that have that 4x ice weakness.

Hello! Nice trick room team you have here, gumshoos is a pretty coll mon on TR. It has its flaws (and looks like crawdaunt's description is straight-up plagiarized), but I'd be happy to help you improve the team. Trick room in itself is a good, simple archetype for new players to learn the game with imo and my personal favorite.

Composition:

Gumshoos: well, he's the essence of the team, so I'll build the rest around him. Stakeout is an insane ability too - you can just blow up lando on the switch (74.8 - 88.2% damage) and makes him an excellent tool for baiting in steels with fire punch and eq. Crunch is pretty useless tho so we'll put in roar instead to get rid of mons behind subs, who typically are a problem to tr.

Uxie: I'll replace it with lure mew here because the rest of the team which i will eventually get to is extremely ash-gren weak. The basic premise is to tank dark pulse, kill in return with superpower, and then the next turn use custap to set rocks. Also if you think your opponent is packing a taunt mon you should probably lead with cress.

Stak: Cresselia, as mentined above, is too good to forgo. Cresselia fills the necessary role of a bulky setter that most TR teams need and can cleric with lunar dance. EVs let you take a dark pulse from ash-gren after rocks from full.

Mage: magearna is good, I'm just going to change it to my spread to help setup on greninja and most stuff with earthquake

Bulu and Crawdaunt: I'm just going to remove these 2 altogether for mawile and emboar to complement gumshoos better. Gumshoos excels at coming in on an offensive mon (koko, mmedi, lele, etc) and forcing them out into a defensive mon who you can kill with stakeout. There are 2 main situations where that won't happen: fodder or a fat mon is already in. Mawile can take advantage of fodder to setup swords dance and tear through their backbone while intimidate lets you come in on lots of things that gumshoos and emboar would crumble to w/o a safe switch. Emboar takes care of anything fat with his excellent coverage. His EVs let you ohko any landorus after rocks with hp ice and dodge the 2hko from pex's scald after rocks.

Gumshoos @ Choice Band
Ability: Stakeout
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Roar

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 120 SpA / 64 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 196 Atk / 224 SpA / 88 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hammer Arm

Mew @ Custap Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 72 Def / 84 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Explosion

Overall a pretty offensively leaning build, but if you manage your resources wisely and keep cress healthy it should do great. Rain is the only worrysome matchup; which I know is in abundance in low ladder. So long as you can kill off their steel pivot (i.e. ferro or mag) the rest should just be food for mawile and gumshoos. Anyhow, hope you have fun with the team!

Image result for trump gumshoos sprite

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)