Gliscor

Is Baton Passing half decent anymore?

I tried it out and somehow find it lackluster compared to last gen. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
^Incorrect but that's not relevant. Phazers never stopped BP Gliscor since he outspeeds and taunts. I don't like to put too much pressure on espeon either.

^Taunting won't prevent Dragon Tail though. Gliscor would need a sub to protect himself from that too.

Baton Pass set of SD, Substitute, EQ, and BP? Using Sub takes away a coverage option, but Dtail isn't terribly common anyway..

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
^Incorrect but that's not relevant. Phazers never stopped BP Gliscor since he outspeeds and taunts. I don't like to put too much pressure on espeon either.
Wait? What do you run on Gliscor? SD+EQ+Baton Pass already takes up 3 moveslots, meaning Gliscor is gonna have trouble fitting Taunt onto the set without sacrificing the ability to beat a good number of threats.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I run acrobatics personally.

When you run into a threat gliscor can't muscle over, you baton pass out.

I run an impish PH score with Protect, SD, IF and EQ. You think it's a good idea to get rof of SD for Taunt ? I can't recall evs but I'll post @ home to give you a better idea.

Get rid of protect for taunt.
Oh ? Why is this though ? Because I like to use protect to get free, PH and also so that I can scout for any odd HP ices because some crazy crap carries it. Like Mienshao, Terrakion, Heatran, any of the Genie trio, etc. So how is taunt better ? I'm just really curious because I'm kinda intrigued by taunt score

Protect does nothing but scout for HP Ice, which you should be able to see from a mile away anyways (Scarf Landorus). Taunt, on the other hand, is key to defeating many pokemon like Conkeldurr and Ferrothorn one on one.
And Mienshao, Terrakion, Heatran, almost all Genies, among other odd things do too, (like bronzong had a mention of it on the gen 4 analysis just for gliscor) but I got your point. But protect lets me get free poison heal. So maybe a set of EQ, Protect, Taunt, and IF ?

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And Mienshao, Terrakion, Heatran, almost all Genies, among other odd things do too, (like bronzong had a mention of it on the gen 4 analysis just for gliscor) but I got your point. But protect lets me get free poison heal. So maybe a set of EQ, Protect, Taunt, and IF ?
Unfortunately, that set would lose to Conkeldurr anyways, since Gliscor hits like a pussy. Conk can just BU on the switchin and beat it down with Payback. The only ones on that list that you would ever send Gliscor into are Mienshao and Terrakion. Mienshao isn't nearly as common as Conkeldurr, and Terrakion will almost always be running a strict physical set, if not, its probably even easier to check than before, since its SpA is laughable.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I have mentioned this before, but if you want to use Gliscor as a wall, the only way to go is protect / taunt / earthquake / ice fang.
Ice fang helps with opposing gliscor, but you still have problems with bronzong and skarmory. Isn't there any way he can deal with them?? You may be able to catch skarmory off guard on a roost, but other than that I don't know.

He can come in on Spore, Seed Bomb or a resisted Focus Punch and OHKO him with an Aerial Ace or maybe even Ice Fang.
Ice Fang and Fire Fang. Personally, despite being able to freeze with Ice, Fire Fang is preferably the better choice, as it might be able to kill Ice counters.

--------------------------------
Team Rocket evil news update!

Check out Noah Crable's blog now! Copy this website address: http://noahchron.blogspot.com/?zx=447d7e243978acfc

Ice fang beats salamence and dragonite, and catches Latios on a switch in.

Bronzong is a pain, but then again I have the rest of my team, and Skarmory is completly shut down by taunt.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately, that set would lose to Conkeldurr anyways, since Gliscor hits like a pussy. Conk can just BU on the switchin and beat it down with Payback.
Protect + Taunt Gliscor needs sand to beat Conkeldurr

+1 Conkeldurr's Payback ~37% to Gliscor (so 13% net damage, thanks to Protect-healing)
Gliscor's EQ to +1 Conkeldurr ~20% to Conkeldurr

Gliscor beats Conkeldurr if sand is up to prevent Conky from healing with Leftovers. Gliscor would be worn out in the process, but it should be able to get itself back to good health with more Protect stalling lol.

Acrobat is a quicker way to dispatch Conkeldurr, even with Toxic Orb intact.

Protect + Taunt Gliscor needs sand to beat Conkeldurr

+1 Conkeldurr's Payback ~37% to Gliscor (so 13% net damage, thanks to Protect-healing)
Gliscor's EQ to +1 Conkeldurr ~20% to Conkeldurr

Gliscor beats Conkeldurr if sand is up to prevent Conky from healing with Leftovers. Gliscor would be worn out in the process, but it should be able to get itself back to good health with more Protect stalling lol.

Acrobat is a quicker way to dispatch Conkeldurr, even with Toxic Orb intact.
Huh, I have personally used by Gliscor to beat Conkeldurr without sand support with little problem bar a crit or something, many perhaps its because I use a slightly more bulky Gliscor? If there is any doubt, I will post logs of the occurance if I must.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Ice fang beats salamence and dragonite, and catches Latios on a switch in.

Bronzong is a pain, but then again I have the rest of my team, and Skarmory is completly shut down by taunt.
Not completely. If skarmory has weak armor and switches into an attack (like ice fang for instance) he could potentially outspeed you. I'd have to run some calcs. How fast does the standard physically defensive skarmory (with weak armor instead of sturdy) get at +1 speed??

Not completely. If skarmory has weak armor and switches into an attack (like ice fang for instance) he could potentially outspeed you. I'd have to run some calcs. How fast does the standard physically defensive skarmory (with weak armor instead of sturdy) get at +1 speed??
Um... I just taunt it, then after taunt is over, what will it have -3 defense? It going to be easily killed, Gliscor might be able to take it down, plus weak armor + spikes it kinda silly, and whatever you do, I am still going to taunt you afterwards, ice fang a bunch, until you just die.

But Weak Armor Skarmory has serious illegality issues in that it can't run either Brave Bird (or even Drill Peck) or Whirlwind if it runs Roost. Plus what scarfWynaut said.

It does outspeed Gliscor (Standard Skarmory I believe speed ties with max speed Infernape at +1), but in exchange you completely lose your ability to wall effectively.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Um... I just taunt it, then after taunt is over, what will it have -3 defense? It going to be easily killed, Gliscor might be able to take it down, plus weak armor + spikes it kinda silly, and whatever you do, I am still going to taunt you afterwards, ice fang a bunch, until you just die.
It wouldn't be at -3. It would be at -1 defense. Plus, after the weak armor boost, he could actually outspeed you with the taunt. But yeah, I see the problem now.

overall, you might like "protect" and it is a good stall move, but all in all useless. If you want to kill a skarmory or a concledurr protect will not be your key just sayin...

really using Gliscor as a physical wall requires 236 defense or at least thats what i like to run. Because without it Gliscor does get hurt....As for movesets I like to run Earthquake, Icefang, Taunt, and Swordance/Facade/Substitute. The rational being Swordance so it can beat some of its counter and Substitute does the same thing as protect just better...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)