Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Okay, guys, I've been playing this game for a week now (since it came out), and I still can't believe no one has posted anything about this!

Quick plot summary:

Okay, so pretty much the game starts out on a mountain and you and three other guys have to stop the bad guys. You are the "ghosts", and are pretty much a BAMF Task Force for the US. You guys reach the truck containing the goods and find what appears to be a nuke. However, before you can secure it, a bomb goes off, and your entire squad is killed. So, in order to get revenge, you have to avenge their deaths. You are Kozak, an American-born Russian from Brooklyn, and your partners, Ghost Lead, 30k, and Pepper, are there for support. You have to extract guys with intel ("VIPs") to progress the story, while also getting some badass active camo along the way. There are three areas of operation, the North Sea, the Arctic, and Nigeria. You have to sneak in and out of buildings while not alerting the bad guys to "win". Along the way, you encounter Russian Spec Ops, codenamed "Bodark", who also sport the same active camo your team has (and it's a bit improved, at that). At the very end, you are tasked with taking out 7 High-Value Targets. The ending is very satisfying, but I won't spoil that.

The prequel to this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-wAzlqzXH0

Multiplayer:

There are four modes of gameplay, with three different classes.

Modes:

EDIT: These game modes are focused on teamwork, not being lone wolves. Working together is the best way to win. To further enhance this point, if a teammate is taking an objective and you are there, it will be captured quicker.

- Conflict: An objective-based team deathmatch. Your goal is to capture and secure various intel pieces, and your team gets rewarded by points for doing so. You get less points for defending the objective, but they are points nonetheless. After 15 minutes, the team with the most points wins.

- Decoy: The offense team has three objectives. One of them contains the location for the true target, but neither team knows which point has it. After the offense team secures the one with the data, they must secure another point and detonate it to win. If the defense can hold on, they win. First to get two wins claims the match.

- Saboteur: Pretty much the Sabotage mode from Call of Duty. There is one bomb and two sites. One team must successfully secure the bomb and plant it on the other team's spawn to win the round. First to two round wins takes the match.

- Siege: Pretty much the Search and Destroy mode from Call of Duty. No respawns, so you have to make your life count. On offense, you must eliminate all hostiles or plant the bomb. On defense, you must eliminate all hostiles or exhaust the time so the offense team DOESN'T get to plant. Again, first to two wins takes it.

Classes:

- Rifleman: Your standard Assault class, and my personal favorite. You get extra protection so you can withstand more body shots than the other two classes (all headshots are one hit, one kill). You are outfitted with an Assault Rifle or Light Machine Gun. The latter allows you to "suppress" enemies by making their camera shake and preventing them from efficiently returning fire.

- Scout: This class is kind of an oddball, as you can either use a sniper rifle or a submachine gun. The former is good for picking off targets from a distance, while the latter is great for rushing objective points. You also get active camo while staying in the same position (stays up if you look behind cover but not if you move), allowing you to stay hidden while lining up your shots. This can be eventually upgraded to provide you with active camo that lets you move and have the camo up (slowly).

- Engineer: A personal-defense rifle and shotgun user, this is the game's support class. Outfitted with sensor grenades and (possibly) a UAV recon drone, this class is great for helping out the team by providing location support to the rest of your team. At later levels, you can even unlock a turret or a UAV that can engage enemy targets. Your shotguns can also be upgraded to fire incendiary rounds and slugs.

These classes level up, and as they do so, you get attachment credits to upgrade your guns with. Experience earned with either faction adds up. So if you get 3000 with Rifleman in a match with the Ghosts and then 2500 with the Bodark in the next, your Rifleman will have 5500 xp.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part about this game: Gunsmith. This option allows you to fully customize your gun like no mode ever has before, allowing you to switch the stock, barrel, underbarrel, side rail, optic, paint, muzzle, trigger, gas chamber, and magazine. This allows for MILLIONS of different combinations, and you can fine tune it to your liking. Here's an example video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PPljWcKTU

and another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvVAbCaz_A

Finally, there is a Guerilla mode (like Gears of War's Horde mode) that consists of 50 waves and you have to hold down an HQ to win. It's pretty lame.

So, now that you have an overview of what this game is like, do you think you will get it? People that already have the game, what do you think?

I was fairly interested in this game for the gunsmith mode, as well as the whole Metal Gear Online vibe I get from the gameplay. I'll probably rent it sooner or later and see how I like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)