ORAS OU GG---Gear Grind. ORAS OU Klinklang Hyper Offense!!!

POKEMON ORAS OU

Hello friends!!! Today I will write my first RMT Which has been built around Shift Gear Klinklang. Please give me some advice, any would be helpful. Enjoy!
601M.gif
houndoom-mega.gif
381M.gif
Hoopa_Unbound_Model.gif
Talonflame_Shiny_XY.gif
Keldeo_Resolute_Forme_XY.gif

Pokemon 1. Klinklang
601M.gif

Klinklang @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Thunder Wave
- Wild Charge

The man on this team, Klinklang! Occa Berry allowes klinklang to take minimum damage from pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame, and while getting 1 Shift Gear up, can hurt many pokemon Badly. Clear Body disallows intimidate users to lower Klinklangs attack, which helps klinklang very. Adamant 252 attack makes Klinklang hit as hard as he can, while 232 and 8 in spdef makes Klingklang able to survive many hits, such as a 252 Spatk EV Mega Charizard Y. Gear Grind is Klingklangs main STAB move, while cutting focus sash users if it OHKOs. T-Wave slows down Fast sweepers such as Weavile and DD Dragonite. Wild Charge helps destroy water types to help Talonflame and Houndoom-Mega happily. The 16 in speed is to outspeed every pokemon in the ou tier with 1 shift gear boost.

+1 252+ Atk Klinklang Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 328-388 (110.4 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 232 HP / 8 SpD Occa Berry Klinklang in Sun: 291-343 (91.2 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Pokemon 2. Houndoom
houndoom-mega.gif

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sunny Day
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Mega Houndoom gets work done. Hes here because of his flash fire ability, and once you set up nasty plot or/and sunny day, you might be sweeping. Nasty plot is to boost the beast, sunny day for solar power, Fire Blast and Dark Pulse for major Sweepage :] How is this beast BL2???

POKEMON 3. Latios
381M.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Ive realized i have a big weaknesss to ground, and although latios does not counter it, it does check it due to levitate. I gave latios 248 EVs in HP and 36 SpDef so it does not get OHKOd from a Modest 252 Spatk EV Sylveons Hyper Voice.Timid and 224 speed EVs makes the latios as quick as it can to defog etc. and Life Orb is to get decent damage on pokemon although not having any SpAtk EVs.

252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 32 SpD Latias: 290-344 (79.8 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

POKEMON 4. Hoopa
Hoopa_Unbound_Model.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- Gunk Shot

Now THIS pokemon is my stall breaker. It tricks its choice scarf onto pokemon such as Sableye, Chansey, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, etc and then Wreks them with his High, and i mean HIGH attack stat. Hyperspace Fury of course for STAB, Fire punch to Spoil Ferrothorn etc. And gunk Shot to MURDER faries.

POKEMON 5. TALONFLAME

Talonflame_Shiny_XY.gif

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

This is just a regular Banded Talonflame set i got off smogon, so i will give you what they have;

Brave Bird is Talonflame's most powerful Flying STAB and important move by far, enabling it to act as a powerful revenge killer. Flare Blitz enables Talonflame to hit Steel-types such as Skarmory and Bisharp and Electric-types such as Thundurus and Zapdos. U-turn is a great move for generating momentum and also hits Tyranitar for a lot of damage. Steel Wing enables Talonflame to OHKO Mega Diancie and 2HKO Tyrantrum after Stealth Rock damage

POKEMON 6. Keldeo
Keldeo_Resolute_Forme_XY.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo is really a filler pokemon, although with his amazingly Spatk stat, he is a great mon on the team. With 232 speed EVs, it outspeeds Scarf Jolly Lando-T, and a Hydro Pump, even Scald, OHKOs him. HP Electric 2HKOs most water and flying types, while secret sword is Keldeos secondary STAB move.

THANK YOU ALL for reading my RMT! please leave as much advice as you can, as the import will be down below. im not sure if you can see the gifs of the pokemn, because then i use preview, all it says is "attachmant{numbers}." Again, Thank you all.

IMPORTABLE

Klinklang @ Occa Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Thunder Wave
- Wild Charge

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sunny Day
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- Gunk Shot

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Attachments

Well, you have an interesting team I must say. Many people would say klinklang is useless and has no place in a proper team, but I must commend you for using him.

-Klinklang has a fairly standard set, often with return instead of thunder wave. Klinklang has an interesting set that I believe would work well, but watch out for a magnet pull magnezone which can completely shut down a klinklang almost regardless of the set, as klinklang is easily walled due to small movepool. Another common issue is excadrill.

- Houndoom I must say I am iffy about, just because usually it is not very good to have 2 support moves on a sweeper in my book, since it is easily walled. Other more experienced or less experienced players might disagree. If you took of nasty plot, you could take advantage of a solar power solar beam attack. If you removed sunny day, you could put a coverage move in, depending on where you think your team is weak.

-Latios has a decent set. Defog is useful as you have talonflame, and psyshock with draco meteor is a good STAB combo. You said Latios was added as a counter to ground, if you wanted to actually COUNTER ground you could switch hp fire for surf, however, then you would be completely vulnerable up a wall like ferrothorn. Your choice.

- I am sorry to say but I don't have much experience with hoopa, either form. The set looks good, but as I said, I don't have much experience with hoopa.

-Talonflame looks good, I tend to have roost for the priority and longevity, rather than steel wing. The coverage is useful however, but I reccomend swapping to roost.

- Keldeo has a fairly standard set, I would say you should probably do hydro pump OR scald, but otherwise it looks good.

Note: Many users will probably disagree with everything I said.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Occa Berry allowes klinklang to take minimum damage from pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame, and while getting 1 Shift Gear up, can hurt many pokemon Badly.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Klinklang in Sun: 360-424 (112.8 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Good luck with that.

I agree I;m not sure Klinklang is functional in OU.

I also second that I would swap Talonflame's Steel Wing for Roost. I've used talonflame tons and I highly recommend it, being able to roost when you anticipate a substitute or when you think you will take little damage is worth the loss of some type coverage when you lose steel wing.

1. You should opt for this cash Klingkang set:

Klinklang @ Leftovers
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise/Frustration (hit electric types + Zard-X)/Substitute (dodge WoW/Leech Seed)

• Leftovers > Occa Berry, it's not surviving a Zard-Y encounter, asformentioned, so you should opt Leftiez, for longevity, after all you are packing Wild Charge.
  • Magnet Rise allows you to setup on Landorus-T, a reasonable switch, well not for this set.
  • Magnet Rise let's you set up 3 Shift Gears (98.9%) on an Excadrill, assuming Excadrill has taken prior damage, and sand is not active.
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Klinklang: 86-101 (32.5 - 38.2%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • the given Spe EV's allow you to outspeed Double Dance Landorus-T (276 Spe) and Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill (266 Spe)
  • you can also run 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe to outspeed LO/Sub Kyurem-B (reference: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/kyurem-black/) that hits 285 Spe
  • T-Wave slows down Fast sweepers such as Weavile and DD Dragonite
    you shouldn't be T-Waving Weavile when you have Shift Gear and with Magnet Rise you can setup on DD, Outrage/D-Claw, EQ, E-Speed Dragonite.
Last thoughts: Cooltryna use Kelfki, but your team gets eaten up by the current meta-game, you don't have Stealth Rocks and you get s**t on by Rotom-Wash, Landorus-T, and VenuHeatran. And since most stall teams have Sableye-Mega, your Hoopa-U ain't doing jack against your opponent (if physically defensive MegaEye). But yeah, commend you on Klefki :p

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with Bipolar Dog when he says not to use Klinklang in OU.

But if you ABSOLUTELY MUST because you love it, then Occa Berry is a pretty useless item on it. As your calcs show, you can't even survive Timid Char-Y's Flamethrower all the time; and you're definitely not surviving Modest Flamethrower, or Fire Blast from either nature. I don't get why you place so much importance on this *sometimes setting up on Char-Y (or go down in a blaze of glory, or die from Wild Charge if you DO set up successfully)* scenario anyway. You are giving up the option of using Life Orb, which is going to benefit you the most because even +1 +Nature base 100 isn't all that powerful in itself, especially with Klinklang's awful coverage. Also, what exactly is your game plan? What all are you hitting hard? Most Steel-types in particular take laughable damage from even Wild Charge (lol at Skarmory taking ~50%, which is all you're getting if you set up on the switch, but you WILL get phazed). To be fair, you seem to have them somewhat covered with Houndoom, but your opponent can always switch out of it. Quagsire, Hippowdon, and even Tank-Chomp make Klinklang cry salty tears. What are you setting up on (please don't say Char-Y)? Even if you get that chance, what's stopping them from switching to one of the Pokemon I mentioned?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also regarding Latios:

Life Orb is a terrible item if you're not even investing in its offenses.What are you doing staying in on Sylveon? Its not like you're going to do much to it with such a weak Psyshock, and by the time Sylveon comes in, you will already have used Defog. Most Modest Sylveon will be using Specs anyway, which means bye bye Latios.

If you must use Latios, try this out:

Latios @ Light Clay / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Defog
- Memento

Dual Screens is a relic of BW. This gen, though, Latios has a better move than the filler that was uninvested Dragon attack. With Light Clay, you can set up screens first, then Defog, then Memento out to Klinklang and perhaps setup two Shift Gears if you're lucky. Leftovers gives you some more bulk if you'd rather just Defog for a turn then come back later. Bisharp loves facing this set, though, so make sure it's gone first!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)