Media genshin impact

Okay since I've just started playing Genshin... Is it worthwhile to roll for Yelan? I'm not particularly interested in Xiao or the other 4 stars in both banners, and right now I have Ayaka that is of note, and I'm sitting at 65 rolls! The pity is at 20 right now.

Thank you for your time here is gay for your needs, Zhongli rerun when god please.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay since I've just started playing Genshin... Is it worthwhile to roll for Yelan? I'm not particularly interested in Xiao or the other 4 stars in both banners, and right now I have Ayaka that is of note, and I'm sitting at 65 rolls! The pity is at 20 right now.

Thank you for your time here is gay for your needs, Zhongli rerun when god please.

This honestly depends on you. Ultimately its a matter of what you want from your account imo. Do you like Yelan? If so, dont question just get her. But here are a few good points that Yelan has::

1) Her kit is entirely HP based (Barring her auto attacks)
2) Her hydro application is hot
3) Since her kit is built on HP she is able to fit on almost every team. Best of which is double Hydro IMO
4) There are plentiful viable bows on Yelan, you just need to hit the Energy Recharge Requirements (it's about 220 but this drops alot if you have another hydro character)
5) Her last ascension has a stupidly good buff

I have an F2P account and I will be rolling for her (mostly cause I got her bow). Wish you all the best if you do!

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader

On top of the above, would consider whether you'd still be able to pull Kazuha in 2.8 if you got Yelan now. Yelan is very very good but still pretty much a c6 xingqiu sidegrade down the line, but kazuha really is going to be a must pull especially for newer accounts who don't have a venti either. He'll really just fit on any teams for you and is the strongest anemo support in general at the moment, would be an incredible partner for your ayaka especially with venti not having another rerun for quite a while. Amazing anemo support between shredding, grouping, ele% buffing, ability to potentially double swirl and ability to provide extra hydro app in freeze too.

W.r.t yelan being a c6 xq sidegrade, yep she's going to be considerably better with a lack of any consts on him so in the short term this will feel like a fairly massive upgrade until you pick up both c2 and c6 especially on him, longer term it'll level out a little more unless you also got yelan consts though. From what i'm aware people typically don't like these two much on freeze teams anyway though as they require auto-attack usage to keep the hydro app going, this is a bigger issue to ganyu than it is to ayaka because its really awkwrad to weave the autos in with ganyu but it does mean freeze is going to drop really quickly when you try and use ayaka's long cast Q duration, so people typically prefer options with off-field hydro application like Kokomi (compresses healer so you can do stuff like shenhe to really buff ayaka, or even cheaper subdps options like rosaria/kaeya to help fund energy on top of high dmg bursts, Mona (omen is a massive buff to ayaka's damage with freeze mechanics, provides TTDS support too and taunting), or Ayato. You'd have to probably wait for reruns to get some of these but you may pick up a Mona as a 50/50 loss or standard banner pull at some point potentially.

Tl-dr: Would recommend saving for kazuha but yelan is a very strong pull especially when you don't have xingqiu constellations, but not necessarily the best option for ayaka herself, but extremely strong option to a lot of comps still, but kazuha is arguably even more versatile and would personally not miss out on the strongest Anemo user especially on a newer acc that lacks anemo users, even in a position where i have venti + c4 jean + sucrose i still have been saving for months and months for kazuha rerun just cause of how amazing he is.

As broken as Yelan is I think it majorly depends on your account in terms of whether she is a necessity or a luxury. One thing for sure is that Yelan is a functional yet not the best hydro for Ayaka because Yelan's non-snapshottable %dmg from dice buff will be less of a help than a ttds holder like Barbara or Kokomi. Kazuha will be a far greater help to Ayaka and in general he will help your account a lot more than Yelan will right now. If your account is new, chances are you will not have any ER bow that will address c0 Yelan's ER issue and even if you do, low refine ER bow can only help so much when favonius bow will play rng games for particles and sub r3 sacrificial bow will have cooldown far longer than your entire rotation.

Meanwhile Kazuha functions totally fine at c0 using a f2p weapon Iron Sting so he has a high floor in terms of performing his role (if we disregard the fact that how obnoxious it is to grab EM VV pieces rn). Much like Yelan he also provides excellent overworld utility by providing 1/2 of Anemo resonance and reducing stamina consumption from dashing.

For any players (f2p/l2p/dolphins/whales alike) I'd say theres basically no caveat from pulling either Yelan or Kazuha but I personally think Kazuha asks the least about what your account currently has right now. If you intend to later pull characters that want Yelan more than Kazuha then that's fine too, for me your dilemma between Kazuha and Yelan feels like a choice between A+ and A.

lol mans , tell me how do i get new wishes , like how do i farm them or grind for them. Or is money teh only option :')

lol mans , tell me how do i get new wishes , like how do i farm them or grind for them. Or is money teh only option :')
Chest grinds work, even if you choose to not be a perfectionist you can still farm enough to hit soft pity a few times if you browse around the map and pick up the ones that are immediately open in view or can be found by compass
You get 60 primos a day by doing 4 commissions and 90 more if you have welkin (which is cheap but swiping is still swiping) and you can get 680 from battle pass. I know a fair share of people who don't spend at all or keep their spending to the minimal levels and still pull time-limited characters on a fairly regular basis. Events happen here in this game frequently enough to feed you with a large chunk of primos and for the most part these shouldn't really take long and require you to do something like stay logged in for hours a day (as of now a big event and a small one are going on at the same time and they take me at most 30 minutes per day for me)

The thing to note here is that you have to accept that you aren't pulling every single featured character unless you giga whale on this game so you have decide which ones you really need or want instead of pulling someone on a whim and regretting later.

Chest grinds work, even if you choose to not be a perfectionist you can still farm enough to hit soft pity a few times if you browse around the map and pick up the ones that are immediately open in view or can be found by compass
You get 60 primos a day by doing 4 commissions and 90 more if you have welkin (which is cheap but swiping is still swiping) and you can get 680 from battle pass. I know a fair share of people who don't spend at all or keep their spending to the minimal levels and still pull time-limited characters on a fairly regular basis. Events happen here in this game frequently enough to feed you with a large chunk of primos and for the most part these shouldn't really take long and require you to do something like stay logged in for hours a day (as of now a big event and a small one are going on at the same time and they take me at most 30 minutes per day for me)

The thing to note here is that you have to accept that you aren't pulling every single featured character unless you giga whale on this game so you have decide which ones you really need or want instead of pulling someone on a whim and regretting later.
hmmm thanks a lot man , i gotta research a bit before i pull i guess

Any Genshin players here wanna comment on how they feel about the overall quality of 3.0 update and Sumeru?

To list a few of mine:

- Traveling is a lot easier in sumeru. When I heard leaks about a lot of overworld content across underground and surface I have mentally prepared myself to play some tarzan shit using a team that packs kazuha / sayu / yelan (for anemo resonance and 100% uptime horizontal mobility) but bouncy mushrooms and point-and-tap teleport definitely seem to ease the overall navigation. This also means occulis won't require you to pause on the spot and spend the next 30 seconds to google / do the math / cheat with Zhongli pillar or Kazuha leap.
- 3 bow users in the character banner, as well as the entire 3.0 first and second half 5* characters are beginner friendly. I don't think the introduction is really necessary for Zhongli, Ganyu has a rather very straightforward mechanics to stay on top and energy management isn't a concern in most cases, and Kokomi is also a great pick to enable a lot of comps and provide comfort. Donut on the banner definitely sucks but Ganyu being able to use two f2p 4* bows and having one more 5* bow to play with during the patch mean it doesn't hurt as much.
- Storyline seems much better overall. Obviously I won't go into details to avoid spoilers but I even started to think that Inazuma Archon quests and the second GAA had quests with less positive feedbacks because of the developer burnout from Sumeru preparation. Sure there is a quest chain that takes at least 6 hours but I think it keeps players entertained enough if they choose to not spacebar through the whole thing. I think first two Archon quests were full of surprises and Tighnari's story quest fit his character well (contrary to some character developments that seem to be forced like for a few GAA characters).
- Electro finally sees the light of the day. There have been surely a few Electro characters that came out on top but hardly any of them were treated they were because they were Electro and I think we can find that agreeable from Raiden being the unit with everything except a good element and Fischl being valued more for an off field ST dmg and particle generation that required 1 second of field time. How would Electro characters turn out after Dendro was my biggest curiosity with 3.0 update and I think the game finally feels a little more balanced and less rigid with which units come out on top with less effort.

I think this patch is a success. It isn't perfect but I don't think the flaws are as big as some people make them sound like. Also a few leaked characters seem to be pretty fun so I can see 3.X definitely entertaining players, veteran or new.

Last edited:
The good in Sumeru:

-Main story. Really enjoyed the second act of the Archon Quest in particular though it's the sort of thing that might not be everyone's cup of tea.

-Exploration. Huge area, generally good new scenery and exploration mechanics and puzzles, I particularly like the grapple points a lot better than the ones in Inazuma.

Mixed:

-Dendro itself. It effectively only has 2 reactions (Burning just exists to troll you) and Bloom is a bit awkward; Quicken seems like the only clear winner. It does give Electro a helping hand though which was badly needed, and to be fair we're still in the very early stages. Ideally I'd like to see some more reactions added in future, maybe something with Geo.

-New characters. Inazuma started off with a bang; Kazuha right before and then 4 more new five-star banners in a row. Sumeru is moving a lot more slowly, ideally I'd like some big hype new characters to do the new content with.

-Way too much stuff locked behind the Aranara questline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)