ORAS UU generic uu balance team haha

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi i'm dingbat, and this is the balance team I built during the Mega Pidgey suspect test. I managed to hold a nice gxe with this team before I went on a small tilt, but it's one of the most balanced (hehe) teams I have built this generation that has not resorted to me using some sort of pink core. Without further ado, here are the contents of the team:

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 160 HP / 240 Def / 96 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

It is hands down my favorite sweeper in this meta right now, which is why I wanted to build off of it in the first place. However, the variant I run is one that I have seen absolutely zero other people use, which kind of saddens me because they're missing out big time on a lot of extra sweeping capability. First off, I opted to run a Life Orb over leftovers because I stopped giving two shits about leftovers recovery and I discovered that most of the time I wasn't gonna keep it in on strong attacks anyways. Second off, the extra damage helps me a ton against most threats in this meta-- I can almost always ohko Hydra, always ohko Krook, Mamo, and Cobalion with Focus Blast; all those calcs are without SR damage. Not only does it hit much harder right off the bat, but it also has a much easier time breaking opposing CM set-up sweepers. Instead of doing half/less than half on opposing bulky Psychics, I can do close to 50% on Cresselia at +6 and well over 50% against opposing Reuniclus and Slowking with Psyshock and Snorlax will take at least 45% from an unboosted Focus Blast as opposed to around 35%. As for the EVs, 160 HP gives it enough to take 4 Seismic Tosses from full hp, 240 Defense EVs boosts its pdef to near max, 12 Speed EVs allow it to speed creep a majority of other base 30s, and the rest goes to SpA to give it a slightly greater punch right off the bat.

Cobalion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Ok, so you may be wondering why I'm running air balloon on this thing when I could instead use Magnet Rise or a resist berry. First off, I can run Stone Edge on it in order to nail Salamence, Chandy, and weakened RK9 for more damage, something I can't do with Magnet Rise. Secondly, I can give absolutely zero shits about switching into Mamoswine and Krookodile barring the uncommon Superpower because this thing takes 0 from Knock Off/Ice STAB. And if I get a free switch into any of those two while my air balloon is intact, I can just insta click Swords Dance while they make a switch into whatever, and if that whatever is called Salamence, I can proceed to bop it with a Stone Edge. So considering how extremely common these said threats are, air balloon indeed has a very useful niche on Cobalion not just on paper, but in practice as well.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I opted to run Roar over Calm Mind on Cune because I already have another stronger CM user in Reuniclus, and it just continues to put in so much work against lots of opposing teams. There are a lot of advantages to running this set-- instead of sacrificing EVs on Speed, I can instead invest a little bit on Special Defense because I can still beat out other Roar Cunes and similar stuff while I'm asleep and in addition, it's much harder for stuff like Cobalion or Lucario to set up SD because of the elevated risk of losing their set-up. Lastly, because I'm such a (BAN ME PLEASE), I can focus more on PP stalling and spamming Scald to spread annoying ass burns because Scald is clearly not a broken move lmao.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

This is the rest of my team that I just slapped on because idk, it works on balance I guess? Anyways, on Crobat, I opted to run maximum attack because I like hitting as hard as possible with Brave Bird. 386 speed is enough to outspeed most other bats and it is my hazard remover. Krook is there to cause a bit of annoyance with Knock Off, while setting rocks like 40% of the time. Florges is my medic, as well as my backup Fighting resist. I run 8 speed so that I always outspeed max speed Modest Dragalge.

Threat List:

I'm probably missing a few, but here are the prominent ones:

Heliolisk and Rotom-C: These two 'mons just straight up murder my team because Krookodile is absolutely unreliable against those two and everything else just takes so much damage. Out of the 16 losses I had during the suspect test, around 13 of them were because my opponent had one of those two 'mons, and I simply have very few methods of dealing with those two.

Slurpuff also bones my team so hard because it sets up on like 4 of my 'mons, and the only thing that can take a +6 Play Rough at full health is Suicune lol.

Mega Ampharos and Rotom-H: Like Heliolisk and Rotom-C, I also don't have very many answers to these two regarding switchins and Rkers, but at least most of my team outspeeds the former and the latter is only really an issue when it's offensive.

Doublade: Most of the time I am forced to switch into Cune because four of my six 'mons can't do jack shit to this and Krook can only switch into one Sacred Sword. So if I don't keep Cune alive, this thing is more than capable of whittling my entire team down.

Chandelure: Scarf Chandelure causes the most heartache against my team, because there's nothing on this team that wants to get tricked a Choice Scarf other than maybe Krookodile, and even Krookodile is not the most reliable at trapping ScarfLure. And absolutely nothing wants to switch in to SpecsLure.

Shoutouts to: Christo The Gr8 for calling this the most balanced team he has ever seen or something like that lol

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 160 HP / 240 Def / 96 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Cobalion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:
Hey dingbat I really like your team, and yes, this is indeed the most balance team I have ever seen. I really do not have many suggestions at all other than one small change that I think will go a long way. As you have shown in the threat list, electric types such as Heliolisk and Rotom M give you a good amount of trouble since it comes down to predictions a lot, and most of the time its not in your favor.

My one suggestion is to use Calm > Bold Nature on Florges. Calm Florges with around 28 EVs in Spdef I think would really make this team less weak to such threats listed above. It makes Florges a more reliable switch and the loss of Defensive bulk does not seem like an issue whatsoever. You have both Crobat and Reuniclus to take on fighting types. Another reason I think this helps is that you literally auto-lose to LO Tornadus, although not common. Here is your set:

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Good Luck with the team bro.

:}

Gotta agree with Calm Florges here for sure, it eases you against not only Electric-types, but also Mega Blastoise who is also a pretty huge threat. Also miscellaneous special attackers including Yanmega and Kyurem. You should also give Wish/Synthesis a try, not having to rely on Protect when you have something like a Feraligatr or Cobalion switching in is really useful.

Stone Edge on Cobalion is a cool touch. Thanks for introducing me (and the rest of UU) to that Reuniclus set, CM Life Orb is amazing and I'm positive that this is the team that really contributed to it's rising popularity. Cute that you think 12 is enough creep to beat other base 30s though.

Really cool team, I think it's a great example of "standard" UU balance since the Victini suspect up till now.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:}

When the time comes, i'll ladder again with the modified florges set. I took both recommendations into account

I'll replace this post with results later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)